List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Josh Caddy + 56 traded to Richmond for 24 and 64

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOT GOING TO SAY ANYTHING STUPID.

But seriously this deal is pretty poor for you guys. Caddy's a good player but I reckon 24 is fair but why throw in steak knives with 56 and 64? Since wells was adamant that caddy wouldnt be traded for Deledio when Richmond damanded him.. now he offloads him for way below price!

Relationship between caddy and cats must have seriously collapsed. That, or dion Prestia is a very persuasive young man.

Staggered by this, i thought we overpaid for Prestia but think this evens it out now. You guys must have a lot of faith in guys like menengola

Inexplicable. Must've been paying over the cap this year and desperate to trade out contracts and even then slightly less than pick 24 for a best 22 former pick 7 is hot garbage. GFC/Wells swallowing some foul faecal bowelmilk here. Also suspect Caddy has a fair bit of improvement/consistency to come.

Out: Enright, Bartel, Caddy, Smedts, Kersten, Vardy, maybe Clark, maybe Lonergan

In: Tuohy

Either all our deals are massively back-ended, or there's something else yet to come. 3 hours until we find out.

Bartel sounds like he was pushed in the interviews he's done since retiring, no deal for Lonergan as yet, missed on Brett Deledio due to lack of cap space if you believe the reports.

Either your cap is already at breaking point or a big deal is about to go down. I haven't really got my head around who has what picks - do the Cats have decent picks this year and next to facilitate a big late trade?

Bartel sounds like he was pushed in the interviews he's done since retiring, no deal for Lonergan as yet, missed on Brett Deledio due to lack of cap space if you believe the reports.

Either your cap is already at breaking point or a big deal is about to go down. I haven't really got my head around who has what picks - do the Cats have decent picks this year and next to facilitate a big late trade?
Doesn't sound like we have any currency at all. Our 1st round this year and next year are already gone, I think our earliest pick for the next two years as it stands is the 24 we received just then for Caddy, and Carlton's 2nd round pick in 2017. We were all a bit perplexed about the salary cap issues last night, so we're just as in the dark as anyone.

Think you would have been better off taking Deledio, quite surprised you went for this over what was earlier mooted a swap for lids.

It might be down to cap space, but I guess at least you're doing better than Hawthorn.

Why didn't you guys take deledio for him? This only came about from you guys wanting deledio... And now we got caddy and deledio is probably gone to GWS. Wtf was geelong doing??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 8 pick downgrade from 56 to 64 really caps it off. :D

Yeah that's what really gets to me, too.

Caddy for #24 is a strange enough decision as it stands; a contracted player who presumably has some improvement in him is suddenly traded out despite the club trading in players in Caddy's age/experience bracket just last year.

But to sweeten the deal for the Tigers with a pick upgrade just reeks of the club meekly bending over to appease.

The message the club is sending it's supporters is confusing to say the least.

Which is it: either we are mounting a challenge for a flag in the next year or two (in which case Caddy fits right into that ripe bracket at 24 years of age with 100 games experience), or we are planning to replenish the list with younger players in need of development (in which case why are trading away future first round selections for Tuohy?)

I am not here to troll.

Many of you guys may be upset about this, but think about why good teams like Hawthorn, Geelong, Sydney and GWS let their players go for unders. Although I can't answer you on that, I do know that their recruiting team can just draft their equal or even better with the picks they get in return and then are able to develop them into good or even elite players.

This draft is touted to run deep in terms of midfielders, so don't be surprised if you land a good player with that pick.

Why were even negotiating with Richmond about Deledio if we couldn't afford him? All we heard was we didn't want to lose Caddy in a direct swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back