Official Swans Board Trade Period Thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I'm not totally against getting Morton. Obviously he's a bit of w***er, but he's young enough to hopefully turn it around. You'd hope that getting traded for a late pick would make the penny drop because you know if he doesn't make it here it'd probably be all over.

There has been a lot of talk on this board about getting genuine small forwards that can crumb and kick a goal. We could do much worse than trade in Mitch Morton for an otherwise worthless draft pick.

Yep, and he is only 24. Get him for nothing, flick him if we can't remove the knob factor/he doesn't perform.

Hedging our bets for cheap cheap=.

From twitter:

barrettdamian
Watters: "I highly rate Tommy Walsh. He has leadership qualities." And, he is "absolutely" off the trade table

Hmmm, I was deluding myself into thinking that the Swans wouldn't have let the Johnston trade go through unless they'd secured another possibility. Isn't looking great.

From twitter:

barrettdamian
Watters: "I highly rate Tommy Walsh. He has leadership qualities." And, he is "absolutely" off the trade table

Hmmm, I was deluding myself into thinking that the Swans wouldn't have let the Johnston trade go through unless they'd secured another possibility. Isn't looking great.

Isn't he uncontracted? Sounds like bluff and bluster as they try to keep him.

I'm pretty sure the Morton trade will go through and I reckon the Swans will win out of it. I think it will make our forward line look a lot more potent. However, our biggest need is a full forward so I'm hoping something happens with Lisle.

From twitter:

barrettdamian

The Saints won't have much choice if he walks. He has put himself on the table, nothing has changed.

I think our dream last day would be to get Connors and Morton in a deal and then also manage to snare Tom Walsh. I'd be over the moon if that happened.

I'm pretty sure the Morton trade will go through and I reckon the Swans will win out of it. I think it will make our forward line look a lot more potent. However, our biggest need is a full forward so I'm hoping something happens with Lisle.

Lisle is going to Brisbane.

I'm so pissed off that Horse did the Johnston trade without another forward guaranteed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I'm not totally against getting Morton. Obviously he's a bit of w***er, but he's young enough to hopefully turn it around. You'd hope that getting traded for a late pick would make the penny drop because you know if he doesn't make it here it'd probably be all over.

What do you mean obviously?
What makes you an expert on w***ers Legend?;)

Seriously though...................have I missed something that he's done wrong?

The Saints won't have much choice if he walks. He has put himself on the table, nothing has changed.

Watters is to smart to let that happen. His first statement as coach to declare somebody of the trade table and the guy gets traded.... he'll look like he's all hot ann and no influence. For him to say that they have entered discussions with Walsh. Time to turn our attention to another target..... is Tippett still available?

Tommy Walsh to Sydney

Almost a dead deal. Walsh – yet to make his senior debut - has told St Kilda he wants to move to Sydney, but the Saints have refused to deal with the Swans so far.

I'm not sure if this article has been posted, but god, I hope this is true. :D

Watters is to smart to let that happen. His first statement as coach to declare somebody of the trade table and the guy gets traded.... he'll look like he's all hot ann and no influence. For him to say that they have entered discussions with Walsh. Time to turn our attention to another target..... is Tippett still available?

I don't see it that way, really. Watters has simply stated that he doesn't intend to trade Walsh, just like Bomber Thompson didn't want to trade Mumford. That doesn't imply that Walsh won't work, it just says that they're doing all they can and that if Walsh goes and becomes a star for us, it wasn't their idea.

not a bad get morton for pick 79 for you guys. his main problem is his defensive side to the game and i think he will improve on that aspect at the swans. can kick between 25-35 goals in a season as he has a great offensive awareness and can kick a goal

his last season he struggled had some personal issues to sort out. a change of culture may be positive for him

good luck mitch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back