Rumour Ollie Wines Is Coming Home

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't blame entirely then, but surely you realise the next club they went to work at went down hill as well (although it wasn't just them). I like the positivity you bring, especially for 2016, but don't let it blind you. In the past not everybody is a nice try hard and not everybody is good at the role they where in. Even people in the club at the time could see that something was wrong

I'm very positive for 2016

Viney called the club "fragmented" when Bailey was coaching and when pervious administration was in power

Wise words by Viney. Fragmented is a good choice of words, but maybe you have to look a layer deeper.

When any organisation goes sour human beings natural instinct is to go into self-protection mode unless they have elite levels of training.

Football is a passionate game - Nobody ever went out of their way to make mistakes, hind sight is a wonderful tool but in the heat of battle the niceties in life often go out the window. You learn from your mistakes, but it is better to try and fail than do nothing. Again to do nothing or attempt to sweep them under a carpet is a clear signal of your state of mind. You deal with your problems then move forward - at long last in 2015 we started dealing with our real problems.

“An important decision I made was to resist playing the Blame Game. The day I realized that I am in charge of how I will approach problems in my life, that things will turn out better or worse because of me and nobody else, that was the day I knew I would be a happier and healthier person. And that was the day I knew I could truly build a life that matters.” ― Steve Goodier

I'm very positive for 2016

Wise words by Viney. Fragmented is a good choice of words, but maybe you have to look a layer deeper.

When any organisation goes sour human beings natural instinct is to go into self-protection mode unless they have elite levels of training.

Football is a passionate game - Nobody ever went out of their way to make mistakes, hind sight is a wonderful tool but in the heat of battle the niceties in life often go out the window. You learn from your mistakes, but it is better to try and fail than do nothing. Again to do nothing or attempt to sweep them under a carpet is a clear signal of your state of mind. You deal with your problems then move forward - at long last in 2015 we started dealing with our real problems.

“An important decision I made was to resist playing the Blame Game. The day I realized that I am in charge of how I will approach problems in my life, that things will turn out better or worse because of me and nobody else, that was the day I knew I would be a happier and healthier person. And that was the day I knew I could truly build a life that matters.” ― Steve Goodier
Now that i think about it, wether we agree with the previous administration/coaching or not. We as supporters should all agree that it's behind us, dead and buried and look forward (hopefully) to a brighter era. However i don't blame supporters or users on here for being skeptical we've gone through the land of promises before, i too am probably skeptical to accept everything the club does fully.

Have you ever met anyone in your life who didnt impress you

Not only has he been impressed by every person he's met, he's also met every person we could ever talk about on the Melbourne board and had several pleasant 1-on-1s. Quite the man about town, is our Dr Whoooo. Either that or he's the elevator attendant at MFC headquarters...

Not only has he been impressed by every person he's met, he's also met every person we could ever talk about on the Melbourne board and had several pleasant 1-on-1s. Quite the man about town, is our Dr Whoooo. Either that or he's the elevator attendant at MFC headquarters...
Been there, no elevator. Just Dave Misson screaming at the latest recruit to drag a rope swing up and down a flight of stairs.

Been there, no elevator. Just Dave Misson screaming at the latest recruit to drag a rope swing up and down a flight of stairs.

Misson at the end of the day "do you guys want to keep going down the stairs or do you want to move up !! "

Watts - " but we need to get home"

Misson -" I said get up those stairs !!"

Jones - " yeah but Misso the cars are down there "

Misson - " I knew it , weak minded pricks the lot of yas "

Dr who - " I've actually met weak minded prick and after a great 1 - 1 I can see we agree about everything "

Melbourne overlooked Wines in the draft. He won't want to play for us.

Who ever said we were the main candidate?? Rumours are Port have massive salary cap issues, Ryder & Dixon where one step too much.

Wines could easily get offered a 600K plus salary. HTF can Port match it ?? - we are minnows in a trade battle. But the sharks are circling.

Who ever said we were the main candidate?? Rumours are Port have massive salary cap issues, Ryder & Dixon where one step too much.

Wines could easily get offered a 600K plus salary. HTF can Port match it ?? - we are minnows in a trade battle. But the sharks are circling.
Well, what do you think we have to offer port in a trade then? Because i honestly can't see us having anything of value to trade with them, especially with out 2016 first rounder gone

Well, what do you think we have to offer port in a trade then? Because i honestly can't see us having anything of value to trade with them, especially with out 2016 first rounder gone

While I'll preface that this "rumour" is utter rubbish until something of substance comes to light ... Due to the ridiculousness of the current system, it doesn't necessarily matter if we're lacking currency to deal with Port, if he decides he wants to come to Melbourne, Port will either have to take the best we can offer, convince Ollie to go to another club with a better trade option, or lose him for nothing to the Draft.

Players have all the power in this current climate, so should Ollie be looking around for a more pleasing financial deal, what we would be able to offer to satisfy Port needs zero consideration

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets just wait and see. Port have over reached. Wines has come home for Christmas & New Year.

Its up to him now if he wants to set himself up for life, Port need to make finals, need to come up with a huge offer & they need Wines to be prepared to take under market value. This will be touch and go - things change, but I'm sure his family will have a big say in the matter. If he stays good on him, but the money is against Port keeping him.

We all play by the same set of rules. As long as Port play by the rules I just wish the kid well in whatever he might choose.

I'm happy with Ollie or Jaeger. Not picky.

I'd be happy with 23 year old G Ablett... I'm almost certain we will be getting 23 y.o. Gazza next year. I have about as much proof as Dr Who does about Wines. I had some one-on-one convos with key AFL personnel who have developed a sort of time machine that produces 23 y.o. versions of older superstars :thumbsu:

I'd be happy with 23 year old G Ablett... I'm almost certain we will be getting 23 y.o. Gazza next year. I have about as much proof as Dr Who does about Wines. I had some one-on-one convos with key AFL personnel who have developed a sort of time machine that produces 23 y.o. versions of older superstars :thumbsu:
Jaeger wants out at the end of 2016. And he wants to come to Victoria. This has been going around for months.

Overheard some banter with Jack at training this pm. Jack stayed with Ollie over Xmas / NY and engaged fully in the banter about having some advice for his best mate... Hhhhmmmm...

Jaeger wants out at the end of 2016. And he wants to come to Victoria. This has been going around for months.

I know mate the piss take wasn't aimed at you. Would also love Jaeger.

I know this sounds silly, but if have the currency to land someone like O'Maera, I wouldn't be disappointed if we spent it elsewhere.

We'll become too top-heavy in the middle, and Jaegers injury issues don't fill me with confidence either.

600k lol. Scully and Boyd are on nearly double that and neither of them are fit to tie Wines' bootlaces.

600k wouldn't even get him to the table. In the unlikely event that he's playing in Victoria next year, someone will be paying him a million dollars a year or thereabouts to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back