One thing that cannot be denied about the Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

If the Eagles depth is average (by that I'd assume ranked 6th-10th in the league), please point out the numerous teams that have clearly more depth than them?....and perhaps occasions where said depth has been particularly tested...I'm interested...cheers...

If the Eagles depth is average (by that I'd assume ranked 6th-10th in the league), please point out the numerous teams that have clearly more depth than them?....and perhaps occasions where said depth has been particularly tested...I'm interested...cheers...

(i'm not saying Weagles have average depth btw)

Adelaide? We haven't had a settled side on the park since half way through last year and still tracking 'okay'. Almost got up against you boys in the PF last year with guys like mcleod and burton returning from long term injury. Biglands stays fit the whole game and who knows? (probably still would have lost, you own us atm).

Again, not saying you have bad depth but I think a case can be made for Adelaide having better. Give it 3 years though and you'll EASILY have better depth than us!

There depth is not that good. Pretty aberage really.

Since the salary cap and draft, NO club has depth. Depth is only an illusion created when a team is playing well, has very few injuries, and they bring in a young player who does well in his first game.

NO club can afford to lose a few players. The last team to have genuine depth was Hawthorn in the 1980s.

I wouldnt say we have no depth. I think it shows that we have had a rather long injury list all season. Few weeks ago we only had 3 blokes playing WAFL. For 2 weeks there the only players we had in the WAFL where first year recruits. Long term injuries to Butler Hansen Embley Nicoski along with a few others have hurt the depth along with missing Cousins Sampi for various reasons, it hurts.

Youd be surprised with just how bad we have had it with injuries this season...

the initial post is just... wrong!

the eagles have massive depth... their 8th midfielder would be in any other teams top 4. maybe lack depth in the forward line, but that isn't the problem.

the problem with west coast is that sometimes the team doesn't show up to play. within the 22 that play, in the case of the eagles it doesn't matter how much depth the eagles have, because it tends to be that all the eagles play badly on the same day...

so there's plenty of depth of glass, hunter, graham, brett jones, staker when he plays- but it seems to be the case that they all have poor games on the same day.

the same goes with the forward line. you can have as much depth as u like with marking forwards with lynch, c jones, embley, hunter etc... but they tend to all play badly on the same day...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back