Oppo Camp Opposition supporters say the strangest things

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d normally agree with you but the guy took us into a Grand Final this year and I’m still in absolute shock because of that. Next year is a premiership or bust and anything less should see Scotty out the door. 11 years is too long for a coach anyway and time for new ideas.

This is the "opposition supporters say blah blah blah" thread right...

Scott is contracted beyond next year, he offered to forgo his salary this year to save the jobs of others - he's not going to be turfed next year if there's no premiership, he'll be given the chance to see out his contract & then all parties involved will go from there

Called the people on a Facebook page sooks = I’ve called people on here sooks
Say something none of you like = I’m an opposition supporter
Be a new user = I’m a troll

Very welcoming bunch.

Very welcoming bunch.

Chris Scott discussion goes here

It will be opened again when there is something new to discuss.

New user.. sure.

Go Catters

New user.. sure.

Go Catters
Old user is?

Very welcoming bunch.
Interesting that I'm able to quote this forum post then.. hmm wonder who posted it?

There’s talk about him becoming our next captain and it’s enough to make me sick. Considering how sooky the club and majority of our fans are it’s quite fitting really.

Interesting that I'm able to quote this forum post then.. hmm wonder who posted it?
Right and who’s to say I don’t mean Reddit or Facebook? That entire FB group with 15,000 members says you must love Chris Scott and every player as well as every decision each individual makes or else you aren’t a supporter. Specifically people who suffered the entirety of our drought. They’re sooks because they can’t handle that someone has an opinion that differs to theirs and refuses to participate in their one eyed patriotism.

I’m allowed to be pessimistic without being stalked or called an opposition supporter. Is there a block feature? Just asking because you’re literally obsessed with me.

Last edited:
Right and who’s to say I don’t mean Reddit or Facebook? That entire FB group with 15,000 members says you must love Chris Scott and every player as well as every decision each individual makes or else you aren’t a supporter. Specifically people who suffered the entirety of our drought. They’re sooks because they can’t handle that someone has an opinion that differs to theirs and refuses to participate in their one eyed patriotism.

I’m allowed to be pessimistic without being stalked or called an opposition supporter. Is there a block feature? Just asking because you’re literally obsessed with me.
Dont care about other platforms and dont bring your bias against those groups here. Wont end well.

And if you'd read the links I posted for you which you only managed to laugh at you'd know that blanket pessimism is also a road you dont need to travel.

GO Catters

Actually in my experience on Cats Facebook pages I would say there are as many people saying we need to get rid of Chris Scott as there are people saying the opposite.

New user.. sure.

Go Catters

When is that going to be reopened by the way?

Premiership or bust lol

Makes it pretty easy to say he failed and call yourself a sage with that small a window.

GO Catters

We're going to have a lot of aging players on the field next year. Just as much as this year if not more.

There might be a fantasyland where older players don't decline but it's not this one. We're seeing it already with Tuohy, Selwood, and Dangerfield. All things considered Hawkins' season was incredible at age 32. But acting like it will go on forever is being naive to an almost imbecilic degree.

Cameron is a pretty good step for Hawkins. Age wise he's on the cusp for me. But none of who we call veterans - Duncan, Guthrie, Menegola, Dahlhaus, Rohan - all turn 29 or 30 next year. Those of us who remembered what happened in the late 90s when the bottom fell out aren't quite so keen to see it repeated.

It's completely true that making the Grand final this year was a legitimately fantastic effort. I didn't expect it (especially after the Qualifying final) and I'm not sure how many others did. But it doesn't mean we can ignore the reality about the age of our list either.

We're going to have a lot of aging players on the field next year. Just as much as this year if not more.

There might be a fantasyland where older players don't decline but it's not this one. We're seeing it already with Tuohy, Selwood, and Dangerfield. All things considered Hawkins' season was incredible at age 32. But acting like it will go on forever is being naive to an almost imbecilic degree.

Cameron is a pretty good step for Hawkins. Age wise he's on the cusp for me. But none of who we call veterans - Duncan, Guthrie, Menegola, Dahlhaus, Rohan - all turn 29 or 30 next year. Those of us who remembered what happened in the late 90s when the bottom fell out aren't quite so keen to see it repeated.

It's completely true that making the Grand final this year was a legitimately fantastic effort. I didn't expect it (especially after the Qualifying final) and I'm not sure how many others did. But it doesn't mean we can ignore the reality about the age of our list either.

hence we are trying hard not to throw away our entire draft hand in the bid to get Cameron to the club

calling you out is obsessed? sure thing bud. You can ignore me by hovering a mouse over my name and hitting 'Ignore'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scott is contracted beyond next year, he offered to forgo his salary this year to save the jobs of others - he's not going to be turfed next year if there's no premiership, he'll be given the chance to see out his contract & then all parties involved will go from there
We will never win a flag then , we just don’t have that quality to step up when needed

don’t know what it’ll take for the supporters to realise this? They had a real shot this year and absolutely choked under pressure.

I’m over giving him chances , 11 years of watching the same issues year in year out has defeated me with my happiness and hope for this team.

We will never win a flag then , we just don’t have that quality to step up when needed

don’t know what it’ll take for the supporters to realise this? They had a real shot this year and absolutely choked under pressure.

I’m over giving him chances , 11 years of watching the same issues year in year out has defeated me with my happiness and hope for this team.

Maintaining a coach who has won a premiership and is continually going deep into finals ISN'T giving them chances. It is doing exactly what basically every sporting organisation in the history of sport when they have a coach regularly achieving above average results. It's not a chance. It's a reward for a job reasonably well done.

Name the wizard out of work, out of contract coach out there who was magically going to not only match Scott's home and away finishes while phasing out a plethora of champions, not only match his effort in winning enough finals to keep making prelims, and in this case a grand final, but supercede it in finding the magic answer to what would have won the games that saw us knocked out of the running.

Who is he? Don't cop out and throw up "well anyone would be better." Because we all know that's bulls***. And I don;t know about anyone else but I don't want to sit around getting flogged every week while some unproven assistant tries to cut his teeth, without any guarantee that he will ever become any good.

Did we choke under pressure? Or did Richmond simply produce a level of play in the second half that we couldn't match?

You tell me champ, how would you go about telling someone they are sacked because "you got us further than every other team in the comp but for 32 minutes a 3-time Norm Smith medalist tore you to shreds, so, sorry - career over Chris."

Maintaining a coach who has won a premiership and is continually going deep into finals ISN'T giving them chances. It is doing exactly what basically every sporting organisation in the history of sport when they have a coach regularly achieving above average results. It's not a chance. It's a reward for a job reasonably well done.

Name the wizard out of work, out of contract coach out there who was magically going to not only match Scott's home and away finishes while phasing out a plethora of champions, not only match his effort in winning enough finals to keep making prelims, and in this case a grand final, but supercede it in finding the magic answer to what would have won the games that saw us knocked out of the running.

Who is he? Don't cop out and throw up "well anyone would be better." Because we all know that's bulls***. And I don;t know about anyone else but I don't want to sit around getting flogged every week while some unproven assistant tries to cut his teeth, without any guarantee that he will ever become any good.

Did we choke under pressure? Or did Richmond simply produce a level of play in the second half that we couldn't match?

You tell me champ, how would you go about telling someone they are sacked because "you got us further than every other team in the comp but for 32 minutes a 3-time Norm Smith medalist tore you to shreds, so, sorry - career over Chris."
I’d rather a change than continually failing year in year out tbh

It’s the definition of insanity

I’d rather a change than continually failing year in year out tbh

It’s the definition of insanity

That’s like retaining a cricketer who makes 80 every time he bats and then casting him asunder one day because you think ‘well he’s not making hundreds - this is the definition of insanity.’

Your scenario would apply to a coach who is continually failing to produce good results. Not a coach who is continually producing good results.

Again, what is this magic change?

‘Did the cats do well the last 3 years?’

‘Yeah it was great, we finished 13th, 7th and 10th. Couldn’t accuse us of continually falling at the same hurdle so overall - big success.’

That’s like retaining a cricketer who makes 80 every time he bats and then casting him asunder one day because you think ‘well he’s not making hundreds - this is the definition of insanity.’

Your scenario would apply to a coach who is continually failing to produce good results. Not a coach who is continually producing good results.

Again, what is this magic change?

‘Did the cats do well the last 3 years?’

‘Yeah it was great, we finished 13th, 7th and 10th. Couldn’t accuse us of continually falling at the same hurdle so overall - big success.’
It’s how I see it , I’ve backed Scott and this team for years despite the same performances year in year out.

choking in the second half when the pressure was on in the GF was the last straw really, do I still support the club...of course ...do I believe in the list and Scott anymore...no

once there is a change in how we recruit and play the game I’ll start believing again ...but that looks a long long way off

It’s how I see it , I’ve backed Scott and this team for years despite the same performances year in year out.

choking in the second half when the pressure was on in the GF was the last straw really, do I still support the club...of course ...do I believe in the list and Scott anymore...no

once there is a change in how we recruit and play the game I’ll start believing again ...but that looks a long long way off

Even in the actual SPECIFIC example you've given, you've answered your own query. You've cited our choking as the reason you want him gone.

Aside from a move with Dangerfield that realistically wasn't going to make a lick of difference anyway, what is it that Scott was responsible for if you genuinely believe we 'choked' in the second half of the grand final. What was he supposed to do? Disguise himself as Gary Ablett and go out and not choke for the 18 guys on the field? Kick Hawkins' two behinds and make them goals?

You're seriously advocating changing the way we PLAY?

'Well we've got a game plan that got us to a four goal lead in a grand final. Obviously it's crap.'

When is that going to be reopened by the way?
when there is something relevant to the coach to talk about.

So 2021 as it stands or at least much closer to it.

And its closed for maintenance. The drains that clear the s**t from that thread need to be deep plunged every year as it blocks up like a mofo.

And those major snaking and wall rebuilding takes time.

GO Catters

The age thing is bewildering no doubt. I dont get it either - well to some degree I get it - but not this extent.

That said, age or not, its super simple to sit there in Nov and pot the club for not winning next years GF and suggest that anything short is a failure.

GO Catters

Even in the actual SPECIFIC example you've given, you've answered your own query. You've cited our choking as the reason you want him gone.

Aside from a move with Dangerfield that realistically wasn't going to make a lick of difference anyway, what is it that Scott was responsible for if you genuinely believe we 'choked' in the second half of the grand final. What was he supposed to do? Disguise himself as Gary Ablett and go out and not choke for the 18 guys on the field? Kick Hawkins' two behinds and make them goals?

You're seriously advocating changing the way we PLAY?

'Well we've got a game plan that got us to a four goal lead in a grand final. Obviously it's crap.'
You’re not going to convince me and I’m not going to convince you

I have said my bit , I’m confident in the next few years we will still be in the exact same mess of doing everything over and over because the club just cannot accept that Scott or the list just can’t get it done when it needs to be done .

You’re not going to convince me and I’m not going to convince you

I have said my bit , I’m confident in the next few years we will still be in the exact same mess of doing everything over and over because the club just cannot accept that Scott or the list just can’t get it done when it needs to be done .

The fact that you see being in the prelim and grand final mix as a mess says more than the rest of your posts ever could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back