Preview P.F. vs. GWS (Sat 21/09 4:35pm MCG) In: Reid/Aish, Out: JDG/Levi. Teams #1523

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giving away 5cm but I would consider playing Maynard on Himmelberg in a similar manner to how he took on Darling later in the season.

Moore on Cameron and Roughead on Finlayson.

Howe to take whomever goes forward out of Keefe or Tomlinson or any other player that finds themselves down there with a bit of height.

If Mumford goes forward, we reshuffle and Roughead takes him.

Noble is a prime cantidate for a player like Ian Hill. Aish on Brent Daniels who's quick but only averaging 0.4 goals a game this year.

Noble or Aish could swap between the above if neither look suited on the day.

Crisp on Daniel Lloyd or Perryman with the idea of completely exposing either coming out of the backline.

Not often I say this but the selectors got it spot on.
Yes you are spot on. Reid gives us the extra tall we need to sit under long balls around the boundary. His inclusion also allows Grundy a bit of rest on the pine which allows him to run his opponent silly when he’s on.
Aish gives us more pace in the backline than what Shaz offers.
I feel when Shaz plays he slows us down with short backwards kicks. I feel we are at our best when we move the ball quickly out of defence.

I wouldn't be overly surprised if there's a late change and we see Shaz come in. Keefe coming in leaves them with 3 tall forwards and a resting ruck, and us with Moore, Rough and Howe. Think Shaz will come in and pick up the ruckman, or alternatively free up one of of Howe and Moore to intercept.

I reckon it will also be dependant on weather.
Keeffe wont play forward for GWS. Keeffe's inclusion is a direct response to us naming Ben Reid. They don't want Haynes to play KPD, they want him to be a 3rd floating tall that intercept marks. Very similar to role Jeremy Howe plays for us.

Bizarre bringing in Aish. Will be like last time all over again. Better pray for rain.

I would have brought in Shaz. But I don't think it'll be like last time because we have Moore. The match-ups last time were Roughead vs Himmelberg, Howe vs Cameron, Appleby vs Finlayson. This time it'll be Roughead vs Himmelberg, Moore vs Cameron, Howe vs Finlayson. Very different and much better match ups.

Bucks said Reid has been working hard for the past four weeks and it seems to me they were getting him cherry ripe for this exact contingency. Once we knew Coxy was gone and knowing how Bucks wants the two talls structure-this would have been the plan for weeks.

You’re probably right in terms of the work they have gotten Into him. Hope it pays off.

Still risky with his injury history

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wouldn't be overly surprised if there's a late change and we see Shaz come in. Keefe coming in leaves them with 3 tall forwards and a resting ruck, and us with Moore, Rough and Howe. Think Shaz will come in and pick up the ruckman, or alternatively free up one of of Howe and Moore to intercept.

I reckon it will also be dependant on weather.
I think the Giants are more likely to make a late change, their selected side is garbage. Way too tall. I can't see Keeffe playing forward as that would mean 4 talls, if he plays defence they have 3 forward and 3 back. That alone's too many and is without counting Tomlinson or Haynes.

It was smart of us to pick the extra runner to further exploit their poor selection. The Giants are either really worried about Mumford being able to ruck or will make a late change. Loading up on talls is just about the worst thing you can do for a final where pressure is always the number one factor.

If Keefe plays in the back line he'll bring down the number of marks for both sides, which is a good thing for us

Confident.
Earnt our week off, got stronger, resting, studying, planning, Waiting.........
GWS, hard graft, travelled, struggled, won, got reported, got injured, lied and sulked.
Destiny awaits us, let’s put this bunch of entitled w***ers to the sword and then take what’s ours.
We won’t get many better opportunities than this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuinely love this - how’s the negativity about the inclusions, unreal...

Also they’re going in real tall, too tall imo especially with this rain forecast, I reckon we’ve got them at the selection table this week
Can i just say thank * bigfooty posters aren’t on Collingwoods selection committee... some genuine No-Hopers around here.

Four tall forwards plus Mumford in the ruck doesn't worry you at all? Regardless of perceived lack of talent.
You don’t know where Keeffe is playing at the moment.

Mummy isn’t a forwards a-hole anymore, i pointed out last time we played them that we wasted Roughead by playing him on Mummy when he rested there. Because the bloke can’t move, can hardly get to contests, and just genuinely sucks as a forward nowadays. Wasted our best defender on a spud.

I’d give Rough Cameron, and Moore Keeffe (if he plays there) and Moore can really exploit Keeffes lack of talent to peel off. Howe, Crisp, Maynard to handle Himmelberg, Finlayson and Mummy if he wants to spend time down there as a witches hat.

I think the Giants are more likely to make a late change, their selected side is garbage. Way too tall. I can't see Keeffe playing forward as that would mean 4 talls, if he plays defence they have 3 forward and 3 back. That alone's too many and is without counting Tomlinson or Haynes.

It was smart of us to pick the extra runner to further exploit their poor selection. The Giants are either really worried about Mumford being able to ruck or will make a late change. Loading up on talls is just about the worst thing you can do for a final where pressure is always the number one factor.
It’s intriguing. GWS have gone with this approach all year playing 8 or 9 talls. The couple of times they haven’t were when one of their talls was injured so they are backing this set up wholeheartedly.

Cameron 196cm 94kg 72goals
Finlayson 196cm 91kg 37 goals
Himmelberg. 194cm 92kg 27 goals

and they've now added 200cm+ Keefe to play 2nd ruck-forward to replace Greene.

We've got Moore and Roughead for two of those players... but if you think Howe at 190cm 86 kg and Aish at 183cm are great matchups then on the likes of Himmelberg and Keefe... then the jokes on you.

Even more so because of the unnecessary arrogance and misguided sense of superiority to your post.
Theres every chance Keeffe plays back.

Howe, Roughy and Moore to Cameron, Finlayson and Himmelberg. Do not discount Howe as if he has never played as a genuine KPD before.. has done it exceptionally well and matches up well on Finlayson/Himmelberg types.

We have Maynard and Crisp to help, Maynard displayed an ability to play on Himmelberg types by towelling up Jack darling. Crisp rarely loses 1on1 contests, i’ll back him against most.

You’re trying really hard to make this seem worse then it is. But its ok keep trying

Cameron 196cm 94kg 72goals
Finlayson 196cm 91kg 37 goals
Himmelberg. 194cm 92kg 27 goals

and they've now added 200cm+ Keefe to play 2nd ruck-forward to replace Greene.

We've got Moore and Roughead for two of those players... but if you think Howe at 190cm 86 kg and Aish at 183cm are great matchups then on the likes of Himmelberg and Keefe... then the jokes on you.

Even more so because of the unnecessary arrogance and misguided sense of superiority to your post.
Also can i just add... you’re going on like our selection team is a bunch of idiots, as if they do not realise what we’re up against... i’m 100% sure they are aware of Cameron, Finlayson & co. And selected a team according to that.

Geez Varcoe is stiff. Nobel should buy a lotto ticket.

If you’re going to make a s**t call like this you might as well spell Noble’s name right...

Aish over Scharenberg is a blooper. I won’t go as far as to speculate on it being match defining, but with their tall profile we needed the height, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back