Pakistan v Australia 2nd Test at Abu Dhabi Oct 16-20

Remove this Banner Ad

BlueandGoldforever

Cancelled
Apr 10, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
I don’t think Australia will change their side. No need for another medium pacer when we have that gun Mitch Marsh in the side!

The green grass will be stripped bare and it will be another flat wicket.

Jan 6, 2004
jfgjgfj
I don’t think Australia will change their side. No need for another medium pacer when we have that gun Mitch Marsh in the side!

The green grass will be stripped bare and it will be another flat wicket.

Yeah I was wondering why we were talking about more quicks and then I found out the pitch was green tinged, I guess Pakistan figured we usually like to name our side a month before the toss so we might pick three quicks before the pitch gets stripped bare.

weetert

All Australian
Jul 4, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
147083.1.jpg

This guy debuting for PAK. Very good FC record-56 matches, 278 wickets, avg of 17.74.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DaRick

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 12, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
(See avatar)
Yeah I was wondering why we were talking about more quicks and then I found out the pitch was green tinged, I guess Pakistan figured we usually like to name our side a month before the toss so we might pick three quicks before the pitch gets stripped bare.

See I don't understand why we would advertise our lineup in advance unless we were obliged to. Why telegraph such details to the opposition before it's necessary?

Carlo Ancelotti did the same thing at Chelsea many times, including advertising that a rookie defender (Jeffrey Bruma) would be starting. Of course, the opposition planned accordingly and gave the rookie defender a torrid time.

That fourth innings was one of the better responses I've seen from an Australian side in a couple of years. Credit where it's due.

After the middle order showed their class at 4 and 5 for sure. Hate to know what we will get if our openers fail

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
See I don't understand why we would advertise our lineup in advance unless we were obliged to. Why telegraph such details to the opposition before it's necessary?

Carlo Ancelotti did the same thing at Chelsea many times, including advertising that a rookie defender (Jeffrey Bruma) would be starting. Of course, the opposition planned accordingly and gave the rookie defender a torrid time.
Have to give the people at Cricket Australia media something to write about to justify their jobs.

DaRick

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 12, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
(See avatar)
Have to give the people at Cricket Australia media something to write about to justify their jobs.

Heh, I would just feed the opposition half-truths or ambiguous information.

"Well we might consider this guy under these circumstances, but then again we might not."

"We could play this guy at #4, but really I couldn't say for sure."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back