Rumour Patrick Cripps will go home to WA if Carlton miss the finals in 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 14, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
1) can you show us your medical degree?
2) can you let us know any injuries etc that lead you to assume this?
Well media reports stated he had a crook back with which he played with at the start of the season. My experience with back injuries and playing footy is that they get progressively worst as you get older, and results in missing a lot of training (or restricted training) trying to get up for the next game as well as lots and lots of pain killers. Consequently, your form goes out the window. (Personal experience)
Worst case scenario is the Gary Lyon option, which is to get the discs in your lower back fused to try and alleviate some of the pain and stupidly keep trying to play on. A lifetime of pain and agony...

slingy55

Senior List
Mar 25, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Nice of Cripps to sacrifice the rest of his career for the club that has run him into the ground. He was looking like a potential Brownlow medallist a couple of years ago, now he's an average player who looks like he's heading for a breakdown.

Nov 14, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Nice of Cripps to sacrifice the rest of his career for the club that has run him into the ground. He was looking like a potential Brownlow medallist a couple of years ago, now he's an average player who looks like he's heading for a breakdown.
Perhaps, but he has a 6 year contract to fall back on, and the gratitude of a very powerful club, that will always look after him.

Nov 14, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Such a powerful club, that has achieved diddly squat in the last 25 years.

But I guess beating Richmond in a final after finishing 9th is something...
Well the last time Collingwood beat us in a GF was in 1910. You went from 1958-1989 without a flag. Then took you another 20 years to win your last one. So in 63 years Collingwood has won 3 flags. Well done.. In the meantime CFC: 1968,1970,1972,1979,1981,1982,1987,1995.

Your club chased out of the game one of the greatest players in the game in Adam Goodes because he dared to call out a racist supporter. Your own internal report confirmed what everyone knew that your club was guilty of racist behaviors and racist culture. You should be so proud.

Yes we have been a basket case thanks to John Elliott and subsequent Boards at the club. But I can go to my grave remembering the 1970, 1979, & 1981 premiership wins. I also thoroughly enjoyed watching the 1977 grand Final and the replay. I admit I enjoyed the 1990 GF, only because you beat Sheedy, plus I felt sorry for you after so many defeats. One thing Collingwood is good at....losing..

Finally we stopped Judd going to Collingwood. No doubt whatsoever if he had played at Collingwood, you could have added a further 3 or 4 flags to your list. You are welcome.. BTW the Pies are traveling beautifully at present..

Spuddd

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well the last time Collingwood beat us in a GF was in 1910. You went from 1958-1989 without a flag. Then took you another 20 years to win your last one. So in 63 years Collingwood has won 3 flags. Well done.. In the meantime CFC: 1968,1970,1972,1979,1981,1982,1987,1995.

Your club chased out of the game one of the greatest players in the game in Adam Goodes because he dared to call out a racist supporter. Your own internal report confirmed what everyone knew that your club was guilty of racist behaviors and racist culture. You should be so proud.

Yes we have been a basket case thanks to John Elliott and subsequent Boards at the club. But I can go to my grave remembering the 1970, 1979, & 1981 premiership wins. I also thoroughly enjoyed watching the 1977 grand Final and the replay. I admit I enjoyed the 1990 GF, only because you beat Sheedy, plus I felt sorry for you after so many defeats. One thing Collingwood is good at....losing..

Finally we stopped Judd going to Collingwood. No doubt whatsoever if he had played at Collingwood, you could have added a further 3 or 4 flags to your list. You are welcome.. BTW the Pies are traveling beautifully at present..
And we had Mick go to your club and ruin it - so nerrrrr

Nov 14, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
And we had Mick go to your club and ruin it - so nerrrrr

We stole your CEO, former coach and paid 800K per year for a crippled Thomas. What did we learn??? Collingwood has no class...They desperately try, but just have no class at all...Just a bunch of bogans. Even Richmond who were the biggest bogans in the competition have easily passed you. Just watching that 2018 GF..What a great kick by Dom Sheed....

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC

I’m sure that’s what you were thinking after he blitzed past your midfielders and slotted one from 50 last weekend.

The guy’s undoubtedly out of form but the commentary surrounding him is completely OTT. He’s always been a slow plodding mid who’s bread and butter has been winning clearances (which he is still doing) and providing a link up outlet around the ground.

Amazing how many have only just realised he is glacial slow, and has been his entire career.

Nov 14, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
I’m sure that’s what you were thinking after he blitzed past your midfielders and slotted one from 50 last weekend.

The guy’s undoubtedly out of form but the commentary surrounding him is completely OTT. He’s always been a slow plodding mid who’s bread and butter has been winning clearances (which he is still doing) and providing a link up outlet around the ground.

Amazing how many have only just realised he is glacial slow, and has been his entire career.
So was Williams, but he was one of the smartest footballers of his generation. Cripps has to stop trying to take on everyone and start organizing his midfielders and getting the ball out.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
So was Williams, but he was one of the smartest footballers of his generation. Cripps has to stop trying to take on everyone and start organizing his midfielders and getting the ball out.

A better coach/coaching team would be a massive help. He was great under Bolton, who kept his role simple and didn’t ask anything other than winning clearances and providing defensive pressure.

When Teague came along he gave him more license to hurt the opposition offensively, started to fend off more and would peel into space to be an option. Over the pre-season heading into 2020 he then dropped a stack of weight and had his game re-modelled which ended up being to his detriment. We also lost Kreuzer and Phillips who are far better tap ruckman than Pittonet, and had greater chemistry with him at the stoppages.

It’s basically a combination of things. He’s lost his identity as a player a bit, and tries to do things he’s not capable of. His game was always most effective when it was simple, and he brought players into the game rather than try to heroically force the ball forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stubbie Holder

All Australian
Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton

Carlton are fast becoming irrelevant. Supporters need to stop living in the past.

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Compared to who, the Crouch brothers who both spend more time injured than Cripps ever has and couldn't wait to get out of your little shithole of a club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back