Phoenix Suns Thread - Like a sunrise

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we are dead set on Jackson but he will be a goner. Can see us looking to trade up but they are trying to rinse us. Otherwise Isaac or Tatum will be the pick.

I am really keen for Tatum still and JJ would be my other preference.

I would like a trade into the lottery to grab Collins or markinen but not sure if that is realistic

There was talk about trading for Sac's 5th and 10th.

Besides our 4th and maybe late 1st pick, not sure what else we could add? Miami's pick next year?
Sac don't make that trade they will get there guy at 5.

Crazy that Philly are getting the first pick. The lottery really screwed us hard. Or should I say the NBA screwed us hard

Am I wrong in saying that the Lakers pick that Phily are sending to Boston is actually the pick that the Suns gave them for Brandon Knight? As far as I can tell it is, which... well at least someone got something out of that trade I guess. :(

Could we really end up with Porzingis?
Outside of Boston we have a nice offering. Doubt the Knicks would trade him to a team in the same division, but it is the Knicks.

If we could get him without giving up Booker and to a lesser degree Bender, I am all in.

Outside of Boston we have a nice offering. Doubt the Knicks would trade him to a team in the same division, but it is the Knicks.

If we could get him without giving up Booker and to a lesser degree Bender, I am all in.
It sounds like he is gone, I have no idea what is happening with that but evidently he missed the exit interview and rumors are hasn't been heard from since. We can definitely give them a good package. I reckon we won't know until Boston make their pick. If it's Jackson then KP is a Celtic.

It sounds like he is gone, I have no idea what is happening with that but evidently he missed the exit interview and rumors are hasn't been heard from since. We can definitely give them a good package. I reckon we won't know until Boston make their pick. If it's Jackson then KP is a Celtic.
Exactly right mate. An exciting draft day hopefully!

Pick 4, bender Miami 2 first rounders! If they don't take that at least we have them a fair trade.

Booker, chriss and porzingas is a future we can built with

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be keeping Chriss.

Reports that the trade won't happen they are demanding the world.

Surly the relationship now between porzingas and Knicks couldn't be fixed. I would have thought Jackson goes or porzingas goes

I've only seen highlights packages and read articles on Jackson,but is he likely to be a starter straight up ahead of Warren?

Vucevic + Payton + 2018 2nd rounder for Bledsoe please? Salaries match up.

You get a high class rebounder, low post and mid range scorer who's defending has improved a ton + a PG who can only create and rebound and we get a go to scorer... Please take :)

JOSH JACKSON: I'm pretty excited to be a Phoenix Sun. I know they're a pretty young team. I think that's really special, though, because coming in I think we can learn a lot together, and over the years we can be something really special and just being able to grow together, I think that'll make our team chemistry a lot better.
I think I bring toughness, versatility, being able to guard 1 through 4 on the defensive end and also being able to play 1 through 4 on the offensive end, and as I watch today's NBA basketball, versatility is probably the most important thing in this league today. I think it'll be really special.

Q. Josh, your mother played college basketball at the University of Texas El Paso. Is there anything lesson you learned from basketball from your mother that you'll take to the NBA?
JOSH JACKSON: Well, you know, my mom has taught me so much, on and off the court. She's taught me a few moves that I still use to this day and just being such a competitor, I think I really got my competitive spirit from her. She was in college, high school, middle school playing, she was the exact same way. She hated to lose. And I think that's the most special thing about me. I get it from her.

Q. And what quality of your game makes you, in your opinion, the best player in this draft?
JOSH JACKSON: I think my versatility, just my competitive spirit. I don't think the other guys in this draft really care as much as I do. I don't think they play as hard as I do, period. I think that's what really makes me special. I refuse to fail, period.

Q. Josh, through this process, it seemed like the Suns had locked in on you and you guys had locked in on the Suns. What was it about the Suns' situation that made you comfortable to maybe not work out with some other teams?
JOSH JACKSON: Well, the only team I didn't work out for at the top of the draft was the Celtics, and that was due to scheduling. I was excited to be on any team at the top of the draft to be honest, whether it was Philly, Boston, LA. I felt like the type of player that I am, I could fit anywhere. But when I look at Phoenix and I see that they are so young and kind of need a 3, somebody to come in and play that 3 spot, and I feel like that's my favorite position to play. That's where I'm the most comfortable. I automatically just get excited when I see stuff like that.

Q. Watching you on the recruiting trail over the years, talking with Bill (Self) about your competitive spirit. I was wondering if you feel more gratitude for being selected or perhaps a competitive edge that you weren't picked higher because there were plenty of talent evaluators that rated you as the best prospect in this class.
JOSH JACKSON: Well, yeah, I feel a little bit of both sides of what you said. If you ask me, of course I'm going to say I'm the best player in this draft, but if you ask those other guys, they're going to say the same thing about themselves, I'm sure. But just I love competition, and I love proving people wrong. I've been drafted to Phoenix, and I'm going to go there and I'm going to make the best of it. I'm going to be the best player I can be. And those teams who didn't draft me, one day they will be sorry.

Q. Now that you're officially in the NBA, is there anybody on your list that you're just dying to play against?
JOSH JACKSON: Well, Draymond Green, of course. I've been knowing him for a long time now. And I've watched him grow since he was in high school and playing at Michigan State. He's kind of exactly how I am in terms of being competitive and a little bit of trash talking, so I'm really excited to get out there and be able to play against him. Obviously there are a lot of great players in this league, LeBron James, one of the best players in the world, Kevin Durant. I really want to get out there and see where I stack up against some of the best players in the world.

Q. I saw that you had Coach Self at your table tonight. Can you speak on what he's meant to you in this past year kind of having him in your life?
JOSH JACKSON: Well, through the recruiting process, Coach Self has always been amazing. My time at Kansas, he made amazing for me. Before I even decided to go to Kansas, I always felt that he cared about me more than a basketball player. He cared about me as a man. He wanted me to be the best man that I could be. That was one of the biggest reasons I chose to go to Kansas. It speaks to his character today, coming out and being able to support me and just being here for me. It shows that he really cares.

http://www.nba.com/suns/draft/qa-newest-member-suns-josh-jackson?ls=relatedPopup

I like what I'm seeing from him so far re his attitude

He seems stoked to be here as well

Something about his demeanour and attitude reminds me of Ron Artest. Going to be a prick to play against I think. Chriss and Jackson could clear a few benches.

Blake Griffin to meet with the Suns this Saturday. Would be a great get if he can stay healthy. You'd be looking at a starting line up of Bledsoe,Booker,Jackson,Griffin and Chriss, with Ulis,Bender,Warren,Williams off the bench

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back