Phoenix Suns Thread - Like a sunrise

Remove this Banner Ad

Jackson has the makings of an elite rebounder. Tenacious, bouncy and his second jump is explosive.
His defensive length on the perimeter is lovely, Reed also.

He looks much more smooth with the ball than Marion did. JJ has greater potential as a playmaker I think.

I'm really liking what I'm seeing from Bender today.

Jackson needs to be given a bit of the reigns. I feel Mike James stalls our offense at times.

Edit: Yep, poor decision making from Mike James to end the game. He can play, just makes terrible decisions

Last edited:
Missed the 2nd half. I was disappointed with bender until then other than some passes. Good to read he picked up his play a bit.

Just watched. He is starting on take the bigger guys off the dribble against cumbersome D he could chop them up. The only way that translates to nba though is if he starts hitting from outside. Same with JJ. Has to make them respect his jumper and it will open up a lot of offense. Both move beautifully with the ball for their size. Don't let the defender cheat and you will blow straight by.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're probably a very outside chance, but we've been raised as a potential destination for Kyrie

What are our thoughts? Would you want him or not?

I'd entertain the idea of joining a three-team trade where we get a guy like Frank Ntiklina while sending Kyrie to NY, but I don't think we should go after Kyrie if it's going to cost us more than Bledsoe and a 1st. Definitely don't want to throw Josh Jackson in there. Bledsoe, Warren and 2018 Miami pick for Kyrie would be ideal for us. Surely that's more than what most teams would be able to offer.

Then we'll have the issue of locking him in and ensuring he is willing to stay on board with us

Evidently Jackson is off the table so that is a good thing. Kyrie? Hmmm playmaking and d are two weaknesses he shares with our entire roster really so the fit is not ideal. a small ball ulis Irving booker is dynamic but ships record breaking points per possession.

But he is a star and so good to watch, offensively we would light teams up if a facilitator could be found in multiple lineups.

So I am wary but at the same time you are going to go mad trying to put together the perfect balanced squad because in the end it comes down to talent, the buy-in and most crucially a coach who can transform us from the ISO-heavy, passing poor sieve we currently are.

So I would take him.

It's worth having a go I think. Irving fits the age bracket better and is good to watch so should put a few extra bums on seats.

Wow, if that was what it took to get Kyrie, I'm glad we didn't chase so hard.
Yep. I would have thought Thomas and a Brooklyns first pick would have been enough,but to then get Crowder and Zizic seems like overs. Boston's starting lineup is going to be fabulous though with the additions of Irving,Tatum and Hayward.

Yep. I would have thought Thomas and a Brooklyns first pick would have been enough,but to then get Crowder and Zizic seems like overs. Boston's starting lineup is going to be fabulous though with the additions of Irving,Tatum and Hayward.
And yet conceivably they may still not make it out of the East

Remove this Banner Ad

Back