Phoenix Suns Thread - Like a sunrise

Remove this Banner Ad

What is the usual arrangement for workouts and when do they usually take place?

And do they work out against each other, against our guys?

What is the usual arrangement for workouts and when do they usually take place?

And do they work out against each other, against our guys?
Starting now I believe. They work out against each other. You can see a list of workout participants on Suns twitter usually

What is Our situation at the 5. We have four guys here and an early pick.

Len - RFA, can probably be safely projected now as a good rim protector but pretty basic big otherwise

Williams - RFA, bench energy gobbling up boards

Chandler - contracted two more seasons, still elite rebounder and locker room guy but No longer a starting 5 for mine.

Bender - still not an nba 5 and will take a couple of seasons but may only settle as a 4.

What to do?

Len- catch you later. Will ask way to much and we already have a player with the worst contact in the league.

Williams- I'd keep, shouldn't ask for to much but if he does I wouldn't keep him. As good as a story he is, at the end of the day his going to get bullied by genuine 5 guys. He really is the size of a 4

Chandler- keep, his great for the young guys

Bender- keep, depending who we draft will depend on weather he ever plays the 5. I see him best suited as the 4. Big year for bender next year

Keep Williams and Bender. Trade Chandler only if the price is right. He has a good contract and good for the locker room so happy to see him stay.

I think we should let Len go, he has proven to be a failed project. I don't think he has that high of a ceiling as we thought.

Yes Len has brought great shame to my avatar. Or Mayberry my avatar is holding him back? You keep waiting for him to rip a game apart but it doesn't happen.

Keep Chandler. I reckon Ulis will find him a few times inside.

Bender is a project and will be better than Chriss I think. He's still a teenager.

Chandler's production has been great. Very happy with him on he books.

Williams is infectious. One of the good stories of the year for us. All depends on the price but would love to have him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would anyone be interested in the suns trading into the lottery to grab that Collins kid? He is a springy 5 with a nice stroke and good rebounding fundamentals. I like him developing under chandler.

Would anyone be interested in the suns trading into the lottery to grab that Collins kid? He is a springy 5 with a nice stroke and good rebounding fundamentals. I like him developing under chandler.
Haven't heard much about him to be honest. Fill us in?

Which one? Zach or John Collins?

I mentioned in the previous page, I like the look of Zach Collins

Haven't heard much about him to be honest. Fill us in?
Gonzaga 5. Seven footer, can shoot outside, vertically gifted in that he can wait for many players to get their shot up then elevate. His springiness and timing also helps with his rebounding where he is tenacious.

If you look at him though he will likely not fill out enough to battle one on one in the low post with Cousins/Embiid types but he is rangy and can glide out to the stretch bigs. I also don't think he was always a starter there but I may be wrong on that.

Just seems to have a lot of NBA attributes for a C. I'm no pro scout though and only watched a bit of college ball with a mate and youtube vids of these guys. Really his rebounding is what draws me in because I love that part of the sport.

Yeah mate Zach. You seen many full matches of him? I agree that there is a lot of potential in him.
Only the final two games in the March Madness. Everything else I've seen from him has been from highlights and scouting report videos

New jerseys for next season?

pOvPRZ9BenFJabYUpgLsIFiWFBG0pJFmpjB1fenlH28.jpg

I really like it. The orange not so much, but maybe it would look better in real life

New jerseys for next season?

pOvPRZ9BenFJabYUpgLsIFiWFBG0pJFmpjB1fenlH28.jpg

I really like it. The orange not so much, but maybe it would look better in real life
Really like the black ones. Are Nike the official jersey partner now?

The jerseys are fake. But they do look pretty sweet. Hopefully they don't sell out and add more sponsors to the jerseys

So we're now a week out from the draft

We've had workouts from Monk, Isaac, Tatum and Jackson.

Fox refused to workout for us apparently? I like the look of him, but don't think we'll take him if we don't get a workout from him. I do think McDonough is still considering him though

Ball is every chance to drop especially if Fultz goes #1 and Lakers take Jackson at #2

Interestingly, we've also worked out Zach Collins, so maybe there's strong consideration for a trade that would net us a pick around #8-12? That's where he'll probably end up drafted

Who do you all think, hope or want us to draft?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back