Player Watch Pick #12 (2021) - Josh Sinn

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm ecstatic that we ended up getting Josh. At the start of the year he and Rachele were the two I wanted. We just had to get one of them. Thought Rachele was more of a chance. Never thought we'd be in a position to pick Sinn. At the start of the year he seemed a lock to go in the top 4. Its amazing he's fallen to us.

He will be a game changing midfielder for us. Can't wait.

He looks a classy player with a great kick which I love.
I don’t love that he is a defender...we need a midfielder...just tell him he plays midfield from now on.

Just watched a few minutes of highlights but geez Sinn has some excitement factor. Big strong body and genuine line breaking pace. Can see him easily in the midfield, looks like he has already played a bit of footy there.

The extra pick we spent was a curve ball but we must have been convinced Essendon would pounce.

We can't have been fans of Hobbs and the pucks after him seemed to scatter all over the place.

Sinn looked really keen to get to Port and we wanted to seal the deal.

If Macca is rapt then so am I. Sinn was touted as a possible #1 pick at the start of the year.

Welcome to Alberton Josh, can see you playing next season.

i think this kid looks awesome. a little upset we had to give up a second rounder next year to secure it, but then again...take a look at the rest of our recent second rounders and the success rate hasn't been great. ie mead...williams etc. Seems this kid rerally fills a hole we were missing in that pure paced guy who can break the lines. cos lets face it, as much as bonner etc does ok and we commend them on the good gomes, they really arent good enough to win a flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like a good character just watching his interviews. Seems to have his head on right, did a double degree this year for his first year of uni. Seems committed and not so much of a “lad” (which I prefer personally).

Welcome to the club Josh, obviously port have shown great faith in you. Can’t wait to see you develop

Really excited for this pick. Can’t wait to see him play. I know people feel a bit funny about what our club paid to pick him, but I absolutely love that they decide on what they want, and then do what it takes to make it happen. We did the same with rozee and butters and that turned out well. I think he is exactly what we need and will develop into that powerful, explosive burst mid.

At 78 kg and skinnier than an Ethiopian marathon runner, we’d want him to bulk up a bit if we think he’s got scope for the midfield. Doubt we see much of him at AFL level next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back