Player Watch Pick #16 (2020, match NGA bid) - Lachie Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

Watch 4:50

Is this not the most pea-hearted effort you've ever seen?

Honestly the club should pack his bags for him now, thank him for his time and point him towards the nearest KFC

s**t bounce on a cooked hamstring running 50m to cover someone else's opponent.

I really don't get the hate on for Lachie Jones. He's always expected to cover for other players mistakes with all of 40 games experience.

The high press gameplan by Pep Hinkley exposes him to one on one (or many) match ups all the time because he's the fastest guy in the backline.

You could isolate worse efforts from around 15 players.

And Rachele is still the winner for the round.

Re Ratugolea, most cut him some slack as it was his first game against another team (for us), but unless my eyes were playing tricks Aliir gave him a few sprays in the first half of that trial at Alberton which appeared to be related to his poor positioning and/or inability to pick up his man, and it happened at least a couple of times at the bowling green end.
That would be pretty rich coming from Allir.

He was close to our best defender against St Kilda. If he gave up goals like Williams, Farrell and Houston did in the Saints game there'd be more calls for his delisting.

Was strong overhead, a couple of so-called dropped marks were paid frees for chopping the arms, hit targets by foot. And when he puts the jets on, people hurry their kicks. Had a really solid game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boy he really set the scene early.
Yes. Yes he did. Wasn’t our worst after that horror five minutes but he had done what he tends to do. Put in a shocking patch that sets the whole team back. He probably stays in the side because Williams and Burton just have to go now. Sinn should be given a chance at HB instead of those two for a few weeks.

Yes. Yes he did. Wasn’t our worst after that horror five minutes but he had done what he tends to do. Put in a shocking patch that sets the whole team back. He probably stays in the side because Williams and Burton just have to go now. Sinn should be given a chance at HB instead of those two for a few weeks.
I’m not giving up on williams just yet.
His sanfl form was pretty good and he is a good decision maker although last night was not great.
Burton should go back for a lengthy spell in the reserves and I agree with you about sinn.

Jones is hanging on by a thread.

I think I'm on the island alone as I saw that he didn't make it in anyone's votes but I thought Lachie had an excellent game after those two goal were kicked on him by Fogarty.

It was a silly matchup and the coaching staff actually quickly moved Ratugolea onto the Fog and was completely nullified for pretty much the rest of the game. Well done to the coaching staff on that one.

I thought he had a very good game in many different areas of the game. He seemed to do quite a lot of different things and I think he had a lot of confidence and the two goals being kicked on him early didn't phase him.

The last couple of games could be a real launchpad for Lachie to cement a spot in the side and really have that third up medium defender role.

I think I'm on the island alone as I saw that he didn't make it in anyone's votes but I thought Lachie had an excellent game after those two goal were kicked on him by Fogarty.

It was a silly matchup and the coaching staff actually quickly moved Ratugolea onto the Fog and was completely nullified for pretty much the rest of the game. Well done to the coaching staff on that one.

I thought he had a very good game in many different areas of the game. He seemed to do quite a lot of different things and I think he had a lot of confidence and the two goals being kicked on him early didn't phase him.

The last couple of games could be a real launchpad for Lachie to cement a spot in the side and really have that third up medium defender role.

Yes, agree.

The first mark and goal Sweet was there and should have killed the contest but didn't (otherwise Sweet was very good all night).

The second mark and goal Lachie played in front and the ball just carried him. He went back and put body on body. Technically did little wrong was just caught out, can happen to the best of them.

He saved several goals during the game covering a huge amount of ground with his pace and nullifying Adelaide many on one breakaways.

As much as I like Williams, he can't do anything like that.

Yes, agree.

The first mark and goal Sweet was there and should have killed the contest but didn't (otherwise Sweet was very good all night).

The second mark and goal Lachie played in front and the ball just carried him. He went back and put body on body. Technically did little wrong was just caught out, can happen to the best of them.

He saved several goals during the game covering a huge amount of ground with his pace and nullifying Adelaide many on one breakaways.

As much as I like Williams, he can't do anything like that.
Yeah, the first goal was like a Collingwood goal where Sweet was used as a step ladder. I think it was Hoskin-Elliott. Lachie should've easily helped out.

And the second one was on a plate from a centre clearance.

I was going to give him 5 votes but the Hornet was just too good and tried his heart out.

I also thought Farrell wasn't too bad either.

I don't think we need all of Houston, Farrell and Burton kicking into the forward line.

And I would love to see Burton or to a lesser extent Williams get dropped for Sinn to see what he can do. Sinn would be a great matchup for the really quick small forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back