Player Watch Pick #18 (2019) - Mitch Georgiades

Remove this Banner Ad

Hear the comments after re us picking Bergman as well "Athletes Athletes" I just hope they can Football Football.
First thing I picked up on too.

Is nice to hear other clubs talking up Mitch though, and more importantly throwing him into conversations with the other available KPP's and basically making it clear he was the next best. So us going and grabbing him sounds like the right call.

After the melbourne video and hearing Geelong were also furious that we took him, he is the player im most interested to watch next year. Seems to be extremely highly rated by some some while others were worried about his injuries.

If he comes good ill feel better about trading out dougal and admit that i mayyy have overreacted when i found out dougal was on the trade table.

After the melbourne video and hearing Geelong were also furious that we took him, he is the player im most interested to watch next year. Seems to be extremely highly rated by some some while others were worried about his injuries.

If he comes good ill feel better about trading out dougal and admit that i mayyy have overreacted when i found out dougal was on the trade table.
Were Geelong furious?

The inside of a rehab room in Maroochydore is a lot like the inside of a rehab room in Alberton.

You old cynic, you...

Georgiades enjoyed the team paintball skirmish and water park challenge activities during the seven-day camp at Maroochydore and Lake Kawana.

But shoulder soreness meant the exciting forward wasn’t able to complete every training session.

You old cynic, you...

Georgiades enjoyed the team paintball skirmish and water park challenge activities during the seven-day camp at Maroochydore and Lake Kawana.

But shoulder soreness meant the exciting forward wasn’t able to complete every training session.

He did say he couldn't do the training sessions and spent that time in the rehab room on the bike.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be a good time to admit I got this one wrong.
I went along last night and my first thought regarding Georgiades, was he's not as big as I thought he would be. His physique reminded me of Nick Salter- maybe wearing #19 helped. After watching him play, that's where the comparisons ended. Georgiades is far more of an athlete, with a higher leap and better hands.

I try never to get too excited or disappointed from anything I see at an internal trial. The reality is, it's a trial, and the opposition is not the best in the league.

In summation, Georgiades, if all things go well, will be a very good player for us and one of the steals of the draft.

I mean we need a Tom Lynch (ADL) type, but yeah still in search of a monster
I reckon that's a pretty good comparison. Lynch is a superb athlete. Georgiades covers the ground very well- especially fo his first game in 18 months!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back