List Mgmt. Pick 56 - Dougal Howard 199cm KPF (err KPD) ... maybe KPF

Remove this Banner Ad

Pert Pls
CApDBJLVEAAsdKN.jpg
Johann Howard would've been a more humorous typo lol.

So excited to see Dougal debut.

If he brings the same physicality he played with all preseason he'll be very valuable today.

Lucky enough to have a long chat with Hammer this week and told him b4 he was selected that i was amazed at the
change in Dougal. When I saw him in the SNAFL finals last year he looked like a tentative young kid but in pre-season
games he had blossomed. Hammer said thru' out pre-season there were 2 teams up against each other internally
and his team that had Howard were a few pts down going into the final square off. The news of Paddy n Gus suspensions
had Dougal thrown into the ruck v Lobbes. "He did really well and our team won the game and the 2 team comp".
From that pivotal internal scratch match Doogs has believed he belongs by believing in himself.
I've sung Dougals' praises since b4 xmas and although I think he is a star in the making maybe lets all take a
deep breath today. It is a showdown and his 1st AFL game for us. Like big Dix last week nerves could be a
factor. He's quick for his size, can mark, good kicking action, 199cm, 19 yrs old hungry and can leap.
I'm excited like a lot of us are who have seen him develop. Nonetheless it's his 1st game.
Ah **** it he might even star today. Given a chance he might even take it up to Jacobs.
Contratz Doogs, what ever happens today enjoy! You have an expanding cheersquad the contract extension proves it.

I think this guy has a future looked a bit out of place at times but loved some of his work in the ruck.
I'm with you, too early to tell but looked good in the centre square. Had a good leap at it. Good on him, one of the positives out of yesterday.

Had we won I think we all would look on that debut quite positively. With time he will get more confident and a better understanding of the game. Have to remember he has player all of about 10 SANFL games and spent most of last season in rehab.

The forward line of Dixon, Westhoff and Howard has imposing size and versatility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liked what he produced yesterday.

Really hope he gets an extended run in this team.
Sometimes you have to make players ready for AFL even when they aren't physically developed yet.

Yea it's strange that we spent all of last season without really entertaining the idea of playing Butch, Shaw or Harvey who all had more experience than Howard. Seeing the success of several young talls like Moore, Hogan, Danniher, etc, I really agree that we do need to stick with him and give him time. I don't think he will get to that level but a consistent ruck/forward would be invaluable.

I liked him and hope he gets another couple of games . He gets up nice and high in the ruck , has really good pace just need to build his skill set and he could be a really good player .

R3
I liked him and hope he gets another couple of games . He gets up nice and high in the ruck , has really good pace just need to build his skill set and he could be a really good player .
Remember he is a kid at 200cm...but he is well co-ordinated which is unusual for a young lad at 200cm. Play him for perhaps 12-15 games this yr. Gives him game time to adjust to speed of the game. He has good skill set just needs to adjust to speed and is competitive with an aggressive streak.

if this wasn't Dougal i take this back, my only criticism would be late when bray run in and kicked that goal late, who looked like Dougal just let grey and a crows player run passed and watch grey get tackled after kicking the ball…

He is a big guy and needs to lookout for guys like Robbie, get in their and put yourself between Robbie (got to protect your team mates, particularly our best player) and the would be tackler short of that he looked very good.

…...Watch Tim Ginevers speech to Dixon before the St.Kilda game...

Last edited:
Poor Dougie. Who would have thought :( Promising too. A lot of work ahead for the young lad.
Another thing that sucks about this is with Schulz coming back I was hoping Doogie would take a spot down back with Hombsch and Austin.

Yep, you couldn't have scripted a worse year if you tried :(
Plus the cows have a full f####g list...that is salt in the wounds..
I am not making excuses but reasons/facts are real. Wada suspensions not then being able to have a full list then injuries etc. Takes a toll as coaches and players are only human. A fact i think we all forget from time to time. Anyway we press on.

Terrible news , Doogie has been a shining light in a sad year , I like how he can fit into general play , has a real thirst for action and has a great leap and mark on him .
I can see him turning into our best centre half forward since big Warren

Remove this Banner Ad

Back