Political Discussion part #2 - Let’s go out for 10 Big Macs at the Engadine Maccas!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope not, but I'd like a new rectangular stadium and a redeveloped Memorial Drive.

Not super high on the priority list mind you
Yeah not sure AFLX has earned a brand new stadium yet.

?? I thought Liberals had already romped in Adelaide

Apparently some results were entered incorrectly on the night.

They're pretty confident that come declaration votes they'll be comfortably ahead in Adelaide.

Some are suggesting re Mawson that it could come down to <10 votes either way.

Don’t expect a straight answer.

Bruce's views, particularly on privatisation tend to remind me of the sheep in animal farm

I'll go on record that Lotteries SA was a perfectly sensible thing to privatise.

Forestry SA nothing wrong with privatising it in principle albeit it was sold way under value.

MAC and the LTO was madness though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you’re not denying the sale then?

What’s next on the fire sale list?

No, battery not being sold, we're buying back the LTO.

Are you in favour of that? Or do you think it was good to sell it?

Or just:

PGo9cD2.jpg

So you can teach an old dog new tricks

Aren't you a teacher by trade? This might help per SparkNotes:

Sparknotes said:
“Four legs good, two legs bad.”
This phrase, which occurs in Chapter III, constitutes Snowball’s condensation of the Seven Commandments of Animalism, which themselves serve as abridgments of Old Major’s stirring speech on the need for animal unity in the face of human oppression. The phrase instances one of the novel’s many moments of propagandizing, which Orwell portrays as one example of how the elite class abuses language to control the lower classes. Although the slogan seems to help the animals achieve their goal at first, enabling them to clarify in their minds the principles that they support, it soon becomes a meaningless sound bleated by the sheep (“two legs baa-d”), serving no purpose other than to drown out dissenting opinion.

Surely you must actually believe in some things greater than Red = Good, Blue = Bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back