Opinion Politically Correct Madness

Remove this Banner Ad

We, as in society, take ourselves far too seriously nowadays. Unfortunately, we try to impose todays values on what happened years ago.
Agree with the sentiment - but it's also no secret there is a well establsihed and increasing element of people with 'online personalities' promoting their World views, faux outrage and virtue signalling etc. as opposed to their genuine attitudes, beliefs and personalities in real life.

My real life example of this, not that one is required. Many years ago, two of my long time mates, one I'm still close to, who are both unopinionated intoverts in real life (Great blokes but rarely entertaining) suddenly started posting all sorts of nonsense on Facebook, including joining pile-on discussions about topics I knew they couldn't give a stuff about..?
When I questioned them about this odd behaviour, they both responded; 'Just having a bit of fun mate!'....

Would be interesting to know where the closest public park is to that house. It sounds from the article like there aren't many other options, so if there aren't then thats the fault of the council.

The simple fact that that Hoop has been constructed incorrectly,with the load bearing counter weight on the wrong side of the ring, whilst being positioned so close to public road/path is reason enough to have the thing taken down. I'm no wowser, but it's an accident waiting to happen.

Dylan Mulvaney started identifying as a "girl" in March. He makes TikTok videos about "being a girl", in which he portrays himself as a ditzy, squealing girl. These videos were so wild that people thought it must be a parody.

He has been invited to speak at the Forbes Power Women's Summit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please see above .....I'm sure someone tucked in an office, thinking of a revolutionary idea ....thought this was a great idea

FeQvPbkaEAA0OhC
1664926096936.png

Whether it works or is effective is one thing, but as a professional driver on the roads up to 50 hrs a week I can say 100% people have no patience and routinely put themselves and others in danger to try to save 30secs

Complete overhaul of attitudes to the road is needed somehow
IMO the traffic in MELB is so poor, that impatience now see so much lane swapping ...........Western Ring Road has accidents every day, it's a straight rd FFS .....but due to lane hopping, every car now drive bumper to bumper, to avoid someone slipping in front of them

You leave a car's length gap, someone cuts in front, and then slams on the brake

Please see above .....I'm sure someone tucked in an office, thinking of a revolutionary idea ....thought this was a great idea

FeQvPbkaEAA0OhC
View attachment 1527108
Maybe if you're "returning to the road after a traumatic experience" to the point where you "require extra patience", you shouldn't be driving.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back