Discussion Popular Players You Are Not Picking

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

lol so you want to pay 6k more than his starting price?
Just having a laugh mate.

That’s some ridiculous consistency and he likely carries on again, I do recall picking him up cheaply in 2020 though.

Edit - Macrae went 92, 90 in Rounds 4 and 5 in 2020, picked him up a few weeks later.

I picked up Lloyd at $520k last year, Petracca around the same. SP’s don’t bust out 130’s every week.

Macrae will go 80-100 in a game and I’ll jump on a couple of weeks later.
Fun fact.

Macrae scored under 100 once last season
97 and it didn't happen until Round 14.

Just having a laugh mate.

That’s some ridiculous consistency and he likely carries on again, I do recall picking him up cheaply in 2020 though.

Edit - Macrae went 92, 90 in Rounds 4 and 5 in 2020, picked him up a few weeks later.

Macrae's the one Mid you just start every year without a second thought and save yourself a trade.

I picked up Lloyd at $520k last year, Petracca around the same. SP’s don’t bust out 130’s every week.

Macrae will go 80-100 in a game and I’ll jump on a couple of weeks later.

Jack Macrae's lowest score last year was a 97. Second lowest was 106.

I just don't see the point of starting Sicily for a 90-95 average when for $50k less Hewett has more upside and for $80-100k more Short Ridley and Dawson all have more upside and genuine security.

I just don't see the point of starting Sicily for a 90-95 average when for $50k less Hewett has more upside and for $80-100k more Short Ridley and Dawson all have more upside and genuine security.
Hewett 20 games last year for a 73 ave, as a mid…yeah nah.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are you basing the 90-95 average from? If you're looking at previous history, it's 94-105 for Sicily

If Hewett was $350k or less, I'd take a look, but at $400k, you basically want a guarantee he'll be a keeper, and I reckon it's too hard to tell now

See how he goes in the preseason matches though

Hewett's role at Sydney is vastly different to his potential role at the Blues.
He’s in for a career year, especially with Walsh out, just not sure his ceiling is that big.

Likely 85-90 avg IMO.

I can see Sicily going 100+ back in his usual freewheeling role.

Both are good picks.

What are you basing the 90-95 average from? If you're looking at previous history, it's 94-105 for Sicily

If Hewett was $350k or less, I'd take a look, but at $400k, you basically want a guarantee he'll be a keeper, and I reckon it's too hard to tell now

See how he goes in the preseason matches though
Both the fact Sicily is coming back from injury, and the Hawks having more avenues out of defence I think curtails his ceiling; maybe his floor goes up but I think by season's end he'll be in that bracket.

He’s in for a career year, especially with Walsh out, just not sure his ceiling is that big.

Likely 85-90 avg IMO.

I can see Sicily going 100+ back in his usual freewheeling role.

Both are good picks.
Agreed; though I think Sicily is mostly going to be an adequate to below average pick with a small chance of being a great or failed pick. Hewett has more chance of being a failed pick but also more chance of being a good-great pick if he can get the right role.

Both the fact Sicily is coming back from injury, and the Hawks having more avenues out of defence I think curtails his ceiling; maybe his floor goes up but I think by season's end he'll be in that bracket.
Kick outs are worth more than Sicily's last season though, surely he takes a lot. And surely there will be a lot to take.

Sicily was averaging 108.2 from the first 10 games of 2020 before his injury game and that includes the 44 he scored playing forward for a whole game. His price got up to 600k+ at the time. Nearly 100k+ up on his opening price of 509k that year. Also scored a 164 & 149 that season. His ceiling is higher than any of Hewitt, Ridley and Dawson.

Sicily was averaging 108.2 from the first 10 games of 2020 before his injury game and that includes the 44 he scored playing forward for a whole game. His price got up to 600k+ at the time. Nearly 100k+ up on his opening price of 509k that year. Also scored a 164 & 149 that season. His ceiling is higher than any of Hewitt, Ridley and Dawson.
16 minute quarters. Impact players vastly boosted their average. His individual game ceiling might be higher, but his seasonal average ceiling is most probably lower than all of them.

16 minute quarters. Impact players vastly boosted their average. His individual game ceiling might be higher, but his seasonal average ceiling is most probably lower than all of them.

Ok you clearly have a bias against him. He had several 140+ scores in the previous few seasons as well. I don't want to talk any more peole into him, however you are just plain wrong in your assessment of him as well as the players you're comparing him to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back