Discussion Popular Players You Are Not Picking

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lloyd - I think we will continue to move towards playing faster with less cheap possessions around the back and McInerney/Blakey will be the preferred long kick in place of Dawson, will still be a good pick but I reckon he'll drop in price.

Hewett - Don't really see the upside here, being optimistic and saying he significantly improves on any other season where he played midfield he could average 95 but I doubt this ends up as a top 10 defender, and he's not cheap enough where the money made would be worth it.

Brodie - Just isn't a good player

Rowell - Kinda want to pick him but saved money elsewhere to go Cripps in M5 instead.

Berry - Think he'll struggle for inside mid time and isn't a great ball user

One of Macrae/Steele/Oliver - would like all 3 but struggling to fit them in

I'm not starting Steele either I think from the Top 5 he is the one who could drop his average a bit. Not by much maybe back to 120 and might be easier to get in later but I could also be wrong.
If you're not starting Steele it's got to come under the "can't start them all" banner.

Tackling machine, lots of CP's, kicks either short and easy or long and to a contest so doesn't get too many clangers. No one really to take his points at St Kilda either. Hard to see him failing other than injury.

One of Macrae/Steele/Oliver - would like all 3 but struggling to fit them in

Ive managed to fit in all of the 'big 4' sexy picks (MacCrae, Oliver, Miller and Steele) but geez it is light going for the other 26 spots I'll give you the tip.

JHF. But am slightly concerned about it. Have gone Brodie instead.

Im actually really starting to lean towards this. I've never seen three super rookies (JHF, Daicos, Ward) be so confidently picked before

Midfield rookies is probably the easiest to fill with rookies, enables me to upgrade Gresham to Zac Butters in my forward line.

Rowell. Lack of exposed form, significant injury history, awkward price point. With 35 trades, he's an easy downgrade/upgrade if he looks the goods early.

Whitfield, Lloyd, Berry and Oliver are the main 4.

I would get clarry if I could but Whitfield is a no go for me given injury history and I'm predicting Lloyd will drop a little bit. Not much but I think I can upgrade one of my midpricers to him after 6 or so rounds.

Berry will be solid but I think Cripps and Rowell are more likely to become keepers and my other mid spots are taken by super premos and gun rookies. I would get Berry if there was one more mid spot. No knock on him, it's just hard to fit all the good mids in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rachele- he needs to have 8 tackles and 3 goals to score 80 so he will be lucky to average 55 imo.
Xerri and Ralphsmith are better value imo.

I agree if you want a small forward rookie with JS Durdin is $40k cheaper and will probably have the same output possibly more with a better midfield and better tall forwards to sit at their feet.

This is what worries me about Rachele. ATM Lloyd and Whitfield...looks like a few people are avoiding lloyd.

I'm not picking Lloyd because I did read a couple of times that having McCartin playing across half back they wanted to free up Rampe. Now surely that could affect Lloyds output a bit. He is a wait and see for me as he can only drop in price.

Rowell can spike big scores and Miller may spend a little more time out of the midfield.
is this the newly appointed captain, reigning B&F winner and first time All Australian Touk Miller we are suggesting may spend more time out of the midfield?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back