Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The draw is a sham. The Crows and us both got one bottom six double up. Theirs was GC, ours was Brisbane. Swap those two around and we aren't sitting here arguing about decimal points.
Don’t blame the draw, if we don’t lose to the weakest side Richmond have fielded for years, don’t give up the first game against Brisbane, don’t lose to the giants and actually turn up against sides like Hawthorn and North last weekend gone (and Collingwood and Bris at home, games that were over a 1/4 time) we are comfortably in the 8 with a much healthier %.

Blaming the draw is a a cop out, we aren’t playing finals because for the 5 straight year we have los games we shouldn’t.

Don’t blame the draw, if we don’t lose to the weakest side Richmond have fielded for years, don’t give up the first game against Brisbane, don’t lose to the giants and actually turn up against sides like Hawthorn and North last weekend gone (and Collingwood and Bris at home, games that were over a 1/4 time) we are comfortably in the 8 with a much healthier %.

Blaming the draw is a a cop out, we aren’t playing finals because for the 5 straight year we have los games we shouldn’t.
Correct, but it’s still a true fact!

I read a headline in this morning's Monopoly Times about 'the Bulldogs upset win' over GWS. Why was it such a shock? GWS are missing Cameron up forward and they couldn't kick a goal in the second half against Hawthorn and only fell over the line against us. The Bulldogs had won six from ten going into the game. If the Bulldogs win this week and the Bombers loose the Bullies will line up against GWS again, this time in the Elimination Final. I cannot see the Bulldogs beating anyone in the top four but at least they are in a position to give it a crack unlike some.

I read a headline in this morning's Monopoly Times about 'the Bulldogs upset win' over GWS. Why was it such a shock? GWS are missing Cameron up forward and they couldn't kick a goal in the second half against Hawthorn and only fell over the line against us. The Bulldogs had won six from ten going into the game. If the Bulldogs win this week and the Bombers loose the Bullies will line up against GWS again, this time in the Elimination Final. I cannot see the Bulldogs beating anyone in the top four but at least they are in a position to give it a crack unlike some.
It sure looked like the instructions in the second half were to put the cue in the rack. GWS couldn't improve on their sixth place and given they have GC next week, were unlikely to lose it. They were going through the motions. To the Dogs credit though, they kept the foot on the throat. Found myself wishing we played like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me too, but surely they won't get the same biased umpiring this time.

True but at least the Dogs will do some damage.

The designated umpiring “fairytale” surely goes to Brisbane this year.

GWS and Essendon on the other hand... no amount of umpiring will save those two (very different) piles.

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app

Didn’t mean to be rude but I am tired of Clarko’s success. His Hawks can p**s off, and Wingard too as far as I am concerned,

This is how South Adelaide and Glenelg fans used to talk about us.

YES WE KEN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back