Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orazio cleverly baited a dog into stepping clearly off the mark and Orazio went to jog off on his 50m penalty when the ump called out no. Raz was clearly shocked that the ump, who was watching the player didn’t call it.
Seems to becoming a bit of habit Orazio doing that now... Not a real fan of it TBH

Seems to becoming a bit of habit Orazio doing that now... Not a real fan of it TBH

And with all his ******* about trying to milk it, the opposition gets a free extra ten seconds to set up defensively.

Idiot.

Havent had a chance to check but had the umpire called stand? Because if the umpire never calls stand he cant call a 50.
I can’t recall but the umpire had plenty of time to call stand (the defender was immediately on the mark right on razs heels) and if he didn’t call stand that just makes the non call even worse.

Havent had a chance to check but had the umpire called stand? Because if the umpire never calls stand he cant call a 50.

That's what we were saying at the game, it didn't look like he called for the player to stand until after he moved off the mark. Felt very much like it was giving them time to get back.

That's what we were saying at the game, it didn't look like he called for the player to stand until after he moved off the mark. Felt very much like it was giving them time to get back.

I’ve always said what this already over-complicated game with its jumble of ever-changing rules needs, is more subjectivity!

Or the umpire is just horrifically bad at his job.

Mark taken. Forgot to call stand. And when the bulldogs player went, he remembered 'oh whoops I forgot to say stand' then said 'not a 50, okay, now stand'.

Was it a Geelong player on Friday night who moved on the mark after the ump called stand and no 50 was paid?

It was so obvious even the 7 commentators called it out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well technically it was a free kick that should been paid. So what he did was correct.

Was it a Geelong player on Friday night who moved on the mark after the ump called stand and no 50 was paid?

It was so obvious even the 7 commentators called it out.
It’s just another rubbish rule to allow the AFL to award
Momentum free kicks when they want

I’ve always said what this already over-complicated game with its jumble of ever-changing rules needs, is more subjectivity!

When you accept that the real aim of the AFL Rules Committee is 'greyness', it all makes much more sense.

Or the umpire is just horrifically bad at his job.

Mark taken. Forgot to call stand. And when the bulldogs player went, he remembered 'oh whoops I forgot to say stand' then said 'not a 50, okay, now stand'.
This is most likely the right answer. The one that Charlie got pinged for last week the umpire called play on then gave the 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back