Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atleast Carey rates Tredders above the ones there shouldn't be any question about.
Always thought Carey was the one commentator who gave Tredrea his dues. Being the best CHF (and personally the best footballer) of the modern era, that actually means something. I suspect working for the Vic media, you are always going to pick St Nick and good old Boy Jonno Brown ahead of him, but atleast he had him in the realm of where he should be. Most ******* Vic commentators would rate him somewhere between Jon Patton and Nathan Albett cause he bowed to the crowd that one time.

Helps that he had a box seat for Tredrea’s best year, what with being on the Crows list in 2004: from memory, having just retired, he flips the coin in the Round 22 Showdown where Warren puts on a masterclass and according to the Nine commentary, may have just cemented the Brownlow.

Had Warren not been largely relegated to Foxtel Sunday that season, the key forward pantheon is a vastly different place.

We need an explosive mid not a stat racker who plays in a phone box.

Maybe Boak could be that explosive mid? Butters, Duursma. For all of Drew's greatness, he doesn't get alot of ball

Established1870

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2016
Tigris River
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Unpopular opinion incoming, but I reckon Fevola was better than Tredders at their respective peaks. Fevs stats read off as someone who played in a flag contender year in, year out, not for the perennial wooden spooners. He's incredibly underrated and if he played in a side competing for flags or just wasn't a dickhead off the field, he'd be on par with Buddy as the best KPF this century.

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
ADELAIDE
In:
T.Lynch, E.Himmelberg, T.Walker, A.McPherson, D.Fogarty
Out: L.Sholl (omitted), B.Frampton (omitted), L.Pedlar (omitted), T.Doedee (concussion), R.Thilthorpe (managed), B.Davis (Medi-Sub)
WEST COAST
In:
H.Edwards, C.West
Out: T.Barrass (hamstring), B.Ah Chee (hand), J.Nelson

Unpopular opinion incoming, but I reckon Fevola was better than Tredders at their respective peaks. Fevs stats read off as someone who played in a flag contender year in, year out, not for the perennial wooden spooners. He's incredibly underrated and if he played in a side competing for flags or just wasn't a dickhead off the field, he'd be on par with Buddy as the best KPF this century.
You do understand the difference between a full forward and a centre half forward, right?

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

The fevolution was a very good full forward at his peak. He could never play CHF though, wouldn't have the tank for a start.

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
A massive traffic jam on the way down from Brisbane to the Gold Coast is causing pre-game chaos.

Both teams are currently in line to arrive at the ground at closer to 7pm, just 50 minutes before the opening bounce, after being caught up in the delays on the Pacific Motorway.

The Herald Sun’s Jon Ralph reported the game may be delayed to allow them more time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
A massive traffic jam on the way down from Brisbane to the Gold Coast is causing pre-game chaos.

Both teams are currently in line to arrive at the ground at closer to 7pm, just 50 minutes before the opening bounce, after being caught up in the delays on the Pacific Motorway.

The Herald Sun’s Jon Ralph reported the game may be delayed to allow them more time.
How long do you need to put shorts & a top on?

Established1870

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2016
Tigris River
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
You do understand the difference between a full forward and a centre half forward, right?

I did say KPF and I did say unpopular opinion incoming.

The fevolution was a very good full forward at his peak. He could never play CHF though, wouldn't have the tank for a start.

Fev constantly dragged one of the worst teams in history to wins off his own boot and won multiple Colemans playing for that team and that was with a diet of Crownies and durries.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
In his defence I would forgive someone who might have only started following closely since 2010 to not understand traditional positions and roles.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Fev was elite, is underrated, and yet was still nowhere near Tredders.

I did say KPF and I did say unpopular opinion incoming.

Fev constantly dragged one of the worst teams in history to wins off his own boot and won multiple Colemans playing for that team and that was with a diet of Crownies and durries.
My favourite Fev moment came when he kicked that incredible winning goal at AAMI Stadium against the Crows.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Would like to know how Tredrea's stats debut - 2005 stack up, until injuries and the dreaded decoy role sunk so much of his output.

Even just plodding with average numbers 2006 - 2010 should have seen him smash many others but he had a coach actively sabotaging his returns (and Warren being a club first man was ok with it).

Not including 2009 of course. He could've been having a 2009 every year.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back