Banner...... replaced by Shaw
Rodan...... replaced by Colquhoon
Jacobs..... replaced by Heath
Phillips...... replaced by Neade
Chaplin..... replaced by Hombsch
McCarthy.. replaced by Clurey

Webb - Rookie... replaced by Hoskins
Irons - Rookie.... replaced by Mitchell
Curnow - Rookie .. Not replaced as 2 extra rookies for 2010-12 period due to GC and GWS, removed

Approximate replacements in bold above.

De-listings since Primus left
2012 list

Out-
Salopek.... replaced by Wines
Pearce..... replaced by Monfries
Surjan...... replaced by Stevenson
Banner...... replaced by Shaw
Rodan...... replaced by Colquhoon
Jacobs..... replaced by Heath
Phillips...... replaced by Neade
Chaplin..... replaced by Hombsch
McCarthy.. replaced by Clurey

Webb - Rookie... replaced by Hoskins
Irons - Rookie.... replaced by Mitchell
Curnow - Rookie .. Not replaced as 2 extra rookies for 2010-12 period due to GC and GWS, removed

Approximate replacements in bold above.

It is good to see Ken&Co continuing to make tough calls, there has been no mucking about with time and this shows me that they are serious about improving the playing stocks at this club. Im sure if they dont act we will go backwards next year. What has to be done now is improving our list to the next level with some real quality choices, i think Ports direction this year will make it easier to negotiate with talent coming to Alberton. Hopefully these guys will have done their homework throughout the year and they target quality players who can fill the obvious needs.
I personally look forward to the trade and draft season in which these guys can instill more confidence in the club by their actions and choices!

We are turning into a pretty skillful side. Logan improved his ball use incredibly which saw him survive. Matty T butchered the ball at AFL level and wasn't that impressive in the SANFL. He got a lot of possies but in the coaches review he was lauded for his effort but it was mentioned a couple of times that he needed to be more damaging.

Not a surprise at all I'm afraid.

That's what I envision for the rookie list. It's for project players - rucks and key position players who might take a couple of years to show something. The way we've been using it - as a creche for players who we can upgrade halfway through the year as a 'feel good' story, isn't the way to go about it.
Hitchcock ?

We are turning into a pretty skillful side. Logan improved his ball use incredibly which saw him survive. Matty T butchered the ball at AFL level and wasn't that impressive in the SANFL. He got a lot of possies but in the coaches review he was lauded for his effort but it was mentioned a couple of times that he needed to be more damaging.

Not a surprise at all I'm afraid.
Good call.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought Blee might have got another year, due to some really good SANFL form and a few reasonable performances in the AFL at the back end of the season. Can definitely understand the argument for delisting him though (average/solid performer in a role that we have a surplus of players equipped to play in).

I don't agree with Hitchcock keeping his spot on the list. I just don't think he offers enough in his role and is way too injury prone to be reliable depth. It's not a surprise he's been kept given Hinkley seems to be a fan of his, maybe I've just got to just trust Ken on this one, but from the outside looking in I'm finding it hard to justify.

Thomas was a good soldier, but moving him on was the right call. Hopefully for him he can land a spot somewhere (Richmond seems to be the rumour), but I think too many have gone past him in our midfield for it to be worth us keeping onto him.

Stewart's time was up. Had plenty of exciting attributes, but things never really clicked for him.

Still wonder what might have been with Salter, but ultimately not to be. Unfortunate, but I feel that the correct call has been made.

As a second year rookie Butcher really had to be playing good SANFL league footy to be able to keep his place or be promoted. Wasn't able to achieve it so no shock that his name is amongst those.

Pfeiffer never really looked like it this year, disappointing that his form dropped in the SANFL when he's a really mature and experienced player at that level.

I did not get to see Hoskin play, but from following the SANFL reports and stats it was pretty clear he wasn't performing as a mature age rookie should in the SANFL.

Good luck to all the guys with whatever they do in the future :thumbsu: no doubt they would have all loved being around the club in such an exciting year. Thomas is the only one I can see landing on another AFL list, so I think from a club point of view, the right calls have been made with the exception of Hitchy.

Hitchy needs to go

Remove this Banner Ad

Back