Preview Practice Match: Crows vs Port, Saturday Feb 27/2/21 @ 11am

Remove this Banner Ad

So given we can only play Port in preseason, West Coast and Fremantle only play each other, and assuming QLD teams play each other and NSW teams play each other, one assumes the AFL will dictate that Victorian teams can only play against one team for the preseason.
You know, for fairness reasons. That's happened right?
You would hope so but you'd be incorrect, as the AFL have shown a million times they don't care about "fairness" unless it effects Victorian clubs

Murray getting a run in the seniors as is Hately.

Seedsman is too..... ****

Would have liked to see Worrell in for Kelly, though they'd be getting spooked about a lack of experience back there with Talia out. Not a total surprise Pedlar and Berry miss out with Schoenberg in and Milera back, but that really puts the pressure on Jones and McHenry to perform, which can't be a bad thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Few interesting choices. Draft picks all in the SANFL squad, Frampton ahead of Himmelberg, Nick Murray in the AFL team too.

Looking at the two squads..

Going on the form from last weeks game Frampton deserves to be picked over Himmelburg..

Tex and Frampton were the best two tall forwards on the day..

Dissapointing to see Kelly get the nod into the AFL squad.. would rather see worrell get a run instead of jake “20 seconds to make a decision” kelly...

Looks like they are persisting with the idea that Murphy is best 22... if Murphy is best 22 then there is issues. I love Murph, love his endevour, love his tackling pressure, love how he gives his all.. but imo I just dont think he’s AFL material long term..

Rest of it I’m happy with.

Would have liked to see Worrell in for Kelly, though they'd be getting spooked about a lack of experience back there with Talia out. Not a total surprise Pedlar and Berry miss out with Schoenberg in and Milera back, but that really puts the pressure on Jones and McHenry to perform, which can't be a bad thing.
Still think a couple of the kids will get a run next week, I doubt we are sold on more than 15 blokes.

The selection of Frampton seems a bit like a rocket to Berg and a "let's see if you can do it against a real defence" moment

Looking at the two squads..

Going on the form from last weeks game Frampton deserves to be picked over Himmelburg..

Tex and Frampton were the best two tall forwards on the day..

Dissapointing to see Kelly get the nod into the AFL squad.. would rather see worrell get a run instead of jake “20 seconds to make a decision” kelly...

Looks like they are persisting with the idea that Murphy is best 22... if Murphy is best 22 then there is issues. I love Murph, love his endevour, love his tackling pressure, love how he gives his all.. but imo I just dont think he’s AFL material long term..

Rest of it I’m happy with.
Hopefully Newchurch lights it up

I know, I mean Jake Kelly? Seriously?

Problem with new coaches like Burns coming in they seriously get fooled by endeavour and hustle out on the track

Would have loved to see Kelly, Seedsman and Murphy replaced with Worrell, Pedlar and Newchurch
Yep.. its a scratch match ffs, its not even an official preseason game, thats the following week.. what have we got to lose putting those three youngsters up against it. Absolutely nothing.. they can only benefit from the experience and take what they learn about themselves away and work on improving.

We already know what the Kelly’s, seeds and murphs are gonna provide.. and we know it aint good enough. Kelly is s**t, murphy gives 110% but isnt AFL standard and seed.. seed is just to inconsitent to be relied upon and probably wont be around by the time we are pushing back into finals contention.

Yep.. its a scratch match ffs, its not even an official preseason game, thats the following week.. what have we got to lose putting those three youngsters up against it. Absolutely nothing.. they can only benefit from the experience and take what they learn about themselves away and work on improving.

We already know what the Kelly’s, seeds and murphs are gonna provide.. and we know it aint good enough. Kelly is sh*t, murphy gives 110% but isnt AFL standard and seed.. seed is just to inconsitent to be relied upon and probably wont be around by the time we are pushing back into finals contention.
Murphy and Seedsman can be, they've shown it. The latter in particular though, we have youth who can take his place easy enough.

Im hoping Kelly is just there because Doedee isn't, and that's highly likely but I'd still like to see Worrall get a run.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back