Preview Practice Match: Crows vs Port, Saturday Feb 27/2/21 @ 11am

Remove this Banner Ad

So, Hateley was reasonably arse in the trial, shouldn’t he be given a rev up by putting Berry or Pedlar in front?

his kicking was sucky but other than that he was fine. We’re not going to cast him aside because of one trial game. Pedlar’s kicking was no better really

So, Hateley was reasonably arse in the trial, shouldn’t he be given a rev up by putting Berry or Pedlar in front?
Hately getting smashed here for some reason, he did a lot of good things. We've also got to remember he's not yet 21 and hasn't played 20 AFL games. He's virtually at the same stage of his career as those 2.

I think Berry and Pedlar, along with Thilthorpe have had their PS managed as they came to the club off little to no footy last year. They'll play their parts.

Hately getting smashed here for some reason, he did a lot of good things. We've also got to remember he's not yet 21 and hasn't played 20 AFL games. He's virtually at the same stage of his career as those 2.

I think Berry and Pedlar, along with Thilthorpe have had their PS managed as they came to the club off little to no footy last year. They'll play their parts.
He’s not really at the same stage cos he’s done pre seasons and on a more coin contract.
Personally I’m not seeing Hateleys want being stymied by disposal efficiency. Sub Matt Crouch kicking at this stage.

Yep.. its a scratch match ffs, its not even an official preseason game, thats the following week.. what have we got to lose putting those three youngsters up against it. Absolutely nothing.. they can only benefit from the experience and take what they learn about themselves away and work on improving.

We already know what the Kelly’s, seeds and murphs are gonna provide.. and we know it aint good enough. Kelly is sh*t, murphy gives 110% but isnt AFL standard and seed.. seed is just to inconsitent to be relied upon and probably wont be around by the time we are pushing back into finals contention.
I suspect next weeks team will be closer to rd 1 than this weeks so I wouldn’t read anything into players missing this week, that could be load management then giving them a crack at it next week (and giving the competition for that spot a chance to impress this week, young or old)

I suspect we have about 15 locks and a number with a line through them. Those genuinely on the edge will prob get 1 game each and if that’s the case I’d probably give the outsider the game this week.

He’s not really at the same stage cos he’s done pre seasons and on a more coin contract.
Personally I’m not seeing Hateleys want being stymied by disposal efficiency. Sub Matt Crouch kicking at this stage.
He floated a couple of kicks but he was largely very good. He's 20yo FFS he's not going to be the finished article.

We rightly we impressed by the other 2 but they weren't infallible by foot either

He floated a couple of kicks but he was largely very good. He's 20yo FFS he's not going to be the finished article.

We rightly we impressed by the other 2 but they weren't infallible by foot either
yes FFS he’s 20, The other 2 are 18. They looked more composed in the space they had.

At this stage being one internal preseason scratch match?

Looking at the two squads..

Going on the form from last weeks game Frampton deserves to be picked over Himmelburg..

Tex and Frampton were the best two tall forwards on the day..

Dissapointing to see Kelly get the nod into the AFL squad.. would rather see worrell get a run instead of jake “20 seconds to make a decision” kelly...

Looks like they are persisting with the idea that Murphy is best 22... if Murphy is best 22 then there is issues. I love Murph, love his endevour, love his tackling pressure, love how he gives his all.. but imo I just dont think he’s AFL material long term..

Rest of it I’m happy with.
Agree re Murphy, would have rather seen Pedler. He's the future not Murphy. Agree with Worrell as well. If either of Murphy or Kelly stink it up expect them to be replaced. Its up to the SANFL lads to heap the pressure on the AFL squad. Berg and Tilthorpe in the same team should be interesting.

It's only when you look at the two teams side by side that you realise how poor the list truly is.

The back the senior boys in is getting so old and tiresome, there is zero to look forward to in the AFL trial, most people wanting to tune into the SANFL trial more than the AFL one tells you all you need to know with how this board values the list.

Are you telling me you're not damn excited to see Nick Murray?

I'm damn excited about Nick Murray. I want to see who is likely our SPP selection against a team that isn't going to finish in the bottom 2.

yes FFS he’s 20, The other 2 are 18. They looked more composed in the space they had.

I'm not going that far with Pedlar. He was more Dangerfield then Sholl with the ball.

Dynamic, flashy, but the end result left a bit to be desired. Still, that's huge praise for anyone, let alone a 1st year midfielder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect next weeks team will be closer to rd 1 than this weeks so I wouldn’t read anything into players missing this week, that could be load management then giving them a crack at it next week (and giving the competition for that spot a chance to impress this week, young or old)

I suspect we have about 15 locks and a number with a line through them. Those genuinely on the edge will prob get 1 game each and if that’s the case I’d probably give the outsider the game this week.
Agree. Looks like 7 spots up for grabs out of Lynch, Kelly, McAsey, Murphy, Hately, Seedsman, Frampton, McHenry, Murray, Rowe, Hamill, Butts, Fogarty, Thilthorpe, Pedlar, Berry, Hinge, Worrell.

Reckon they will go with: Lynch, Kelly, Rowe, Butts, Fogarty, Pedlar, Murphy. Would prefer Pedlar, Berry, Worrell, Thilthorpe, Butts, Rowe, Kelly.

Reckon the 15 locks for round 1 are:
ROB, Laird, MCrouch, Sholl, McPherson, Smith, Milera, Schoenberg, Keays, Jones, McAdam, Brown, Sloane, Walker, Himmelberg.

Agree. Looks like 7 spots up for grabs out of Lynch, Kelly, McAsey, Murphy, Hately, Seedsman, Frampton, McHenry, Murray, Rowe, Hamill, Butts, Fogarty, Thilthorpe, Pedlar, Berry, Hinge, Worrell.

Reckon they will go with: Lynch, Kelly, Rowe, Butts, Fogarty, Pedlar, Murphy. Would prefer Pedlar, Berry, Worrell, Thilthorpe, Butts, Rowe, Kelly.

ROB, Laird, MCrouch, Sholl, McPherson, Smith, Milera, Schoenberg, Keays, Jones, McAdam, Brown, Sloane, Walker, Himmelberg.
HBerg and keays are not locks.

Keays would be as close to one as you could get.

Berg hopefully has a day out on Saturday and plays himself into form.

I don't think Jones is a lock yet, if he performs well in the 2 trials he should be though.

HBerg and keays are not locks.
Himmelberg should be.

Have we forgotten about last year?

Keays may not be a lock, but should be in our best 22 for now.

Thilthorpe the youngest player on the list.

TBH it's a pretty frustrating squad but it's hard to get Pedlar, Worrell and Berry into the team, would think some players are being given a game to see if they have anything, port is a good hit out, they may expose seedsman, possibly some others, McHenry.

Look forward to seeing hinge

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree on Hately. Yes, kicking needs work but for one thing he looked dynamic. Doesn't look the type to handball to stationary target and back which hopefully might be a thing of the past.

On Pedlar and Berry as well as their managed PS they clearly have not been readied by the coaches to go in the team yet, Berry on Monday said: “I think most of the work Luke and I have done, we’ve done a lot forward so we haven’t really just primarily played mid in our match sim or anything like that (we were) trying to adjust to the structures and everything like that, for our first real hit out they were reasonably happy.”

By mid-season they hopefully will both be knocking on the door, which may be easy to bang in if the starting midfield gets beaten inside as we fear.

Worrell is the disappointing absentee but I guess they need Murray in there to have competition for the two key posts.

his kicking was sucky but other than that he was fine. We’re not going to cast him aside because of one trial game. Pedlar’s kicking was no better really

pedlar’s work in the clinches and acceleration from the contest were on a different level from Hateley though; and I thought his kicking was better

hopefully Hateley does settle down and improve his kicking. He’ll need to too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back