Training Pre-season 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah if Hirds kid is turning out to be a gun (hypothetically speaking) and we are in the position to take him, we had better bloody well take him.

Imagine if someone let a Judd slip to another club due to a "gentlemans agreement". You would want whoever agreed to that sacked.
Hird's kid plays soccer, doesn't he?

His kicking is very suspect. Doesn't use the ball well in space let alone under pressure at this stage.
His kicking is pretty good

Who are these judges because that is what I do and I certainly did not!
People I consider good judges and someone who was involved with the Falcons. Not couch potatoes like KM who only watch the champs

His kicking is pretty good

I can guarantee you it is not good and if someone has told you it is they simply have not watched him enough. It isn't shocking but it is certainly a weakness. Also be very very careful about the information you get from TAC clubland. They are very biased and I totally understand why because they work with these kids all the time an inevitably develop strong personal connections. Recruiters (what I was doing last year) are the only people who generally have a completely objective view.

Went to training today, usual January training, match sim etc.
points of interest.. Brownless fitting in well , not afraid to use his voice.
Smith and Stanley used in ruck during match practice, Abbott and Fort taken aside for ruck coaching with Otto.
Cocky and Sam Menagola still not in full training, but most others were , including Joel.
Nathan Kreuger did very little appears to have a leg injury, possibly a calf.
Wylie Buzza failed to get to some contests during match sim and was taken aside for running drills with a fitness coach, I wonder if he just doesn't have the tank.
Still some academy boys training with the main squad, don't know who they are as they were wearing unallocated numbers.

Went to training today, usual January training, match sim etc.
points of interest.. Brownless fitting in well , not afraid to use his voice.
Smith and Stanley used in ruck during match practice, Abbott and Fort taken aside for ruck coaching with Otto.
Cocky and Sam Menagola still not in full training, but most others were , including Joel.
Nathan Kreuger did very little appears to have a leg injury, possibly a calf.
Wylie Buzza failed to get to some contests during match sim and was taken aside for running drills with a fitness coach, I wonder if he just doesn't have the tank.
Still some academy boys training with the main squad, don't know who they are as they were wearing unallocated numbers.
Thanks for the report!
How was Brownless's kicking?
Apparantly, it's very good or very bad, depending if you are in the know, or "in the know".

Two other points.. Jack Henry has really filled out and looks like a key position defender now, Garry Rowan was very impressive playing forward pocket, his intensity around the ball was a stand out.

Thanks for the update mate! I saw something on Geelong Addy website about today’s training session and Cockatoo/Menegola getting closer to full training but it was blocked so cheers for telling us :thumbsu:

I can guarantee you it is not good and if someone has told you it is they simply have not watched him enough. It isn't shocking but it is certainly a weakness. Also be very very careful about the information you get from TAC clubland. They are very biased and I totally understand why because they work with these kids all the time an inevitably develop strong personal connections. Recruiters (what I was doing last year) are the only people who generally have a completely objective view.
Oh I've seen him play too. It's quite good, so we'll have to agree to disagree.

Now I know this is only a snippet, but that bullet out of the center to Schlensog on a lead was purrfection.

Thanks for that! :cool: Sometimes when I click on the blocked footy articles a couple of times I can read them but I never know how to read blocked articles consistently on my phone :/

Edit: Also most articles covering Geelong this preseason have mentioned Parfitt being a standout. Come on Geelong play him full time midfield!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for that! :cool: Sometimes when I click on the blocked footy articles a couple of times I can read them but I never know how to read blocked articles consistently on my phone :/

Edit: Also most articles covering Geelong this preseason have mentioned Parfitt being a standout. Come on Geelong play him full time midfield!
Copy and paste the article URL here;

https://outline.com/

Oh I've seen him play too. It's quite good, so we'll have to agree to disagree.

Now I know this is only a snippet, but that bullet out of the center to Schlensog on a lead was purrfection.

Not a lot wrong there with his technique by hand or by foot , sniffed out a goal or two as well :thumbsu:
Like the way he moves through traffic and how he draws the opponent naturally before he gives off the handball - that's very hard to teach

How's Brownless' son doing?

I heard he ran around 3.2. Has endurance though

I did hear that he'd done the 20 mt at another time for a better time.
I don’t know why they don't do a 40mt to get to a maximum like NFL.
Most times players are jogging before they accelerate so a 20 mt is really a power test not pure speed imo.

When is Geelong's next training session?
I am off work for a while with an injury and thought I may go and have a look.
Hope you are ok mate.

Go Catters

Hope you are ok mate.

Go Catters

Pranged the Vespa into a car.
Bad bruising on the left leg and sprained ribs.
I had a CT scan as they were concerned about bleeding on the liver and spleen due to the meds that I am on for the other condition. They kept me in Geelong Hospital for a night. I am Ok. Just a really sore rib cage that annoys me mainly when I try to sleep.
I am getting too old to be knocking myself around.

Pranged the Vespa into a car.
Bad bruising on the left leg and sprained ribs.
I had a CT scan as they were concerned about bleeding on the liver and spleen due to the meds that I am on for the other condition. They kept me in Geelong Hospital for a night. I am Ok. Just a really sore rib cage that annoys me mainly when I try to sleep.
I am getting too old to be knocking myself around.
take it easy rabbi, glad that it wasn't worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back