Training Pre season. Next up a VFL practice game v Williamstown at Arden St 10.30am Sat 17th Mar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you see the way Narrier jumped when Boomer pranked him. Impressive agility.

Also I'm still yet to see LDU smile or give the impression he's happy to be here.
There will be plenty of time for smiling when premierships are won.

Until then...:stern look.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Just popped in for a quick look.

There were small groups all over the ground, defenders, mids, rucks, forwards & first years

A couple of things stood out to me, mainly because they were on my side of the ground and I didn’t have binoculars...

Boomer was working on goal kicking with Wood, Simpkin, Atley & Turner. Boomer as a skills coach is simply awesome. They were practicing gathering a loose ball with backs to goal, quickly turning and snapping/kicking across the body. To start with Turner & Atley were spraying a few. Boomer went through the technique with them, footwork, body positioning etc. Dead set after that they barely missed, the instructions were so clear and obvious from boomer I felt like it I could do it (lol I’d probably break a hip)
Atley was especially good. He generates so much power in his kicking. Wood battled with it. Simpkin did as Simpkin does.

We must keep boomer. I worry Simo will try and poach him.

The other thing was Will Minson.
When we hired him I thought wtf?
Well it was pretty obvious today. He was very physical with Maj & Pruess. He had one those foam noodles (the type the kids use at the pools) and as the ball was kicked up, he’d be bumping them and hitting them with the noodle. Like really working them over.

Then he had Prues do this exercise where Pruess would have to lay face down on the ground, Will would then try to hold him down and Pruess would have to force his way to his feet, run the 15meters to the boundary (while being bumped of course) run back and wrestle for the tap. They repeated that countless times. Both were buggered. Pruess seemed to love it.

Boomer was working on goal kicking with Wood, Simpkin, Atley & Turner. Boomer as a skills coach is simply awesome. They were practicing gathering a loose ball with backs to goal, quickly turning and snapping/kicking across the body. To start with Turner & Atley were spraying a few. Boomer went through the technique with them, footwork, body positioning etc. Dead set after that they barely missed, the instructions were so clear and obvious from boomer I felt like it I could do it (lol I’d probably break a hip)
Atley was especially good. He generates so much power in his kicking. Wood battled with it. Simpkin did as Simpkin does.

Excellent.

I'm not overly concerned with Wood as he is more a mark and set shot player and his set shot is very good.

If Shaun can improve his finishing then he will become twice as damaging as a player.

Just give him 5 year contracts and renew them at 3 years. I highly doubt he would ever leave North if he knew he always had a gig.

Well it was pretty obvious today. He was very physical with Maj & Pruess. He had one those foam noodles (the type the kids use at the pools) and as the ball was kicked up, he’d be bumping them and hitting them with the noodle. Like really working them over.

Majak needs a shitload of work on this if he is going to turn the corner.. Not just for his ruckwork, but his forward play.

Then he had Prues do this exercise where Pruess would have to lay face down on the ground, Will would then try to hold him down and Pruess would have to force his way to his feet, run the 15meters to the boundary (while being bumped of course) run back and wrestle for the tap. They repeated that countless times. Both were buggered. Pruess seemed to love it.

Love it. Absolutely love it.

Excellent.

I'm not overly concerned with Wood as he is more a mark and set shot player and his set shot is very good.

If Shaun can improve his finishing then he will become twice as damaging as a player.

Just give him 5 year contracts and renew them at 3 years. I highly doubt he would ever leave North if he knew he always had a gig.

Majak needs a shitload of work on this if he is going to turn the corner.. Not just for his ruckwork, but his forward play.

Love it. Absolutely love it.

Yeah loved it too. I should ad that Will couldn’t hold him down at all at the start so others had to ‘assist’. Pruess is a beast.

Edit, agree on Mason but it was good to see him spend time after the others finished practicing it.

Yeah loved it too. I should ad that Will couldn’t hold him down at all at the start so others had to ‘assist’. Pruess is a beast.

Edit, agree on Mason but it was good to see him spend time after the others finished practicing it.

Surprising because wood has been a fantastic snap for goal in his career to date

Well that should dispel any worries about attitudes. Excellent vid by the media team.

There were small groups all over the ground, defenders, mids, rucks, forwards & first years

A couple of things stood out to me, mainly because they were on my side of the ground and I didn’t have binoculars...

I'll join in the chorus of "love it" upon reading this report DC. Appreciate it mate. :thumbsu:

Thanks for the update DC. Just wondering did you happen to see EVW out on the track?

Well that should dispel any worries about attitudes. Excellent vid by the media team.

You don't think LDU could have smiled a bit more?

No but there were a few blokes missing. Some were going to swim laps, some doing weights etc

Garner?

I don't think he will ever play again.

What about Cunnington? He's 26. Time to bite the bullet and get rid of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprising because wood has been a fantastic snap for goal in his career to date

From my understanding of the drill as described it was for players running away from goal and then snapping over their shoulder. I've only seen Mason snapping at right angles (something he is very good at). Maybe simply a different drill.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back