Preview Preliminary Final v Collingwood MCG Friday 21/9/18

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
will be interesting to see how this goes. pies excitement and adrenaline will be through the roof whereas our guys won't be any more excited than a Sunday arvo game vs fold coast. Means pies with either implode and lose by close to 100 or be a very tough close match
Confirmed Jack to kick 10.6

Posted on Facebook by Justin Charles

Just a few thoughts on the Prelim final this Friday and why we will win by plenty....here we go!!!!

PRELIMINARY FINAL

Richmond will win this by 48 points.
Here’s why.

1. At this time of the year, fatigue is a massive factor. Richmond are well rested but also have the factors of experience and confidence/self belief.

Collingwood have had a huge few weeks, particularly the first final in Perth. It was both mentally and physically draining. They will feel the pinch in the second half when the Tiger pressure comes on. This will get in the head of Collingwood, sow the seeds of doubt and the result will be academic.

2. Richmond are a “System” based team that doesn’t rely on any one player.

Everyone is dangerous within the system. Collingwood have a couple of good players, notably DeGoey is a ripper, but watch him get starved of opportunities. Richmond will not run a hard tag on any Collingwood midfielder, as we don’t need to.

3. This a HUGE one…if Collingwood play Mason Cox, they will lose (again) Here’s why…

Whilst I rate Cox and he certainly has come a long way, he is a massive liability. Cox has had two very poor finals outputs and it affects your confidence, it’s not going to turn around easily.

Cox and Grundy form a dynamic pair against normal teams, but Richmond are not normal! You must run against us, if you don’t, we’ll slaughter you!

Cox’s lack of running capacity means roughly 15-20 kms in distance must be made up from his teammates. This work must be picked up and results in fatigue at the end of the game in others. You watch! The reverse is true for us...the Tiger work load is spread across 22 players so fatigue is less on our Tigers. Also, whilst we may concede in ruck duels with Nankervis and Grigg, they will make up for it in running capacity and work rate!.

4. Dusty is heating up! Stop listening to the press, they have nothing better to write. Our champ is rearing to go!!!

Now there are some chips on the table, the big boys are awakening from the slumber. Watch our champion take the midfield by the scruff with 30 telling touches and chime in for three snags.

5. Our mosquito fleet forwards led by superstar Daniel Rioli will choke the Collingwood defence into mass turn overs. This will give us beautiful field position and easy shots at goal.

Look to see the Pies make a fist of it to half time, then a relaxed and fresh Tigers outfit to steamroll them in the third, then depending on how ruthless they feel, watch for the flood gates to open and a scoring onslaught leading to a 48-60 point victory!

Eat Em Alive!!

IM friends with JC on Facebook due to our link through Baseball. He straight up calls it as it is. Although he is a Tigers supporter he is usually pretty spot on with his analysis

That is amazing, so in some deluded universe if Collingwood came to Richmond and said we will trade you DeGoey for Graham, l am gathering as a supporter you wouldn't want that to occur?
This is not an easy question to answer and I'll explain why.
I'd want De Goey, but I wouldn't want to lose Graham. He gels well with our playing group and provides our midfield with pressure that is required for our game style to succeed. Hence, he was a noticeable absentee in the 3 or so games that he missed in the back half of the season.

As individual players, De Goey is better than Graham, but I don't know if I'd want De Goey in lieu of Graham only because we'd lose top-tier pressure in our midfield. We need to think about the ramifications to the way we play as well.

H-Elliott and De Goey are the two key forwards, Cox to a lesser extent.
The secondaries are Thomas and Stephenson.
We have six players to cover! :D
Seriously, Taylor Adams has improved as a midfielder and we must target.
Adams is blocking and enabling the Sidebottom disposals, 30 pressure acts in Round 19.

Adams will be the last mid we put time into. A heavy tag needs to go to Sidebottom and Cotch v Pendles to nullify to an extent. Then we back our mids in against theirs.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What the hell is going on with Sen this morning since when should worry about Sidebottom getting off the chains he had 38 disposal last time and pies got belted.... they are talking about Cotchin tagging him my lord
Lyon and Watson.

Enough said.

What the hell is going on with Sen this morning since when should worry about Sidebottom getting off the chains he had 38 disposal last time and pies got belted.... they are talking about Cotchin tagging him my lord
I don't listen to shitEN but are they saying who needs to be stopped in the tiger team as well or are they too far gone with pie love.

The media inflation of Collingwood is at fever pitch. They’re scared of it getting ugly so they are trying to add air to the pies balloon.

Adams will be the last mid we put time into. A heavy tag needs to go to Sidebottom and Cotch v Pendles to nullify to an extent. Then we back our mids in against theirs.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
We just worry about us, the moment you start worrying about multiple opposition players you are 90% on the way to being defeated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also an interview with with Choco. Sounded incredibly salty when speaking about our success this year.
Spoke positively of us, however just sounded like it was through clenched teeth...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on Facebook by Justin Charles

Just a few thoughts on the Prelim final this Friday and why we will win by plenty....here we go!!!!

PRELIMINARY FINAL

Richmond will win this by 48 points.
Here’s why.

1. At this time of the year, fatigue is a massive factor. Richmond are well rested but also have the factors of experience and confidence/self belief.

Collingwood have had a huge few weeks, particularly the first final in Perth. It was both mentally and physically draining. They will feel the pinch in the second half when the Tiger pressure comes on. This will get in the head of Collingwood, sow the seeds of doubt and the result will be academic.

2. Richmond are a “System” based team that doesn’t rely on any one player.

Everyone is dangerous within the system. Collingwood have a couple of good players, notably DeGoey is a ripper, but watch him get starved of opportunities. Richmond will not run a hard tag on any Collingwood midfielder, as we don’t need to.

3. This a HUGE one…if Collingwood play Mason Cox, they will lose (again) Here’s why…

Whilst I rate Cox and he certainly has come a long way, he is a massive liability. Cox has had two very poor finals outputs and it affects your confidence, it’s not going to turn around easily.

Cox and Grundy form a dynamic pair against normal teams, but Richmond are not normal! You must run against us, if you don’t, we’ll slaughter you!

Cox’s lack of running capacity means roughly 15-20 kms in distance must be made up from his teammates. This work must be picked up and results in fatigue at the end of the game in others. You watch! The reverse is true for us...the Tiger work load is spread across 22 players so fatigue is less on our Tigers. Also, whilst we may concede in ruck duels with Nankervis and Grigg, they will make up for it in running capacity and work rate!.

4. Dusty is heating up! Stop listening to the press, they have nothing better to write. Our champ is rearing to go!!!

Now there are some chips on the table, the big boys are awakening from the slumber. Watch our champion take the midfield by the scruff with 30 telling touches and chime in for three snags.

5. Our mosquito fleet forwards led by superstar Daniel Rioli will choke the Collingwood defence into mass turn overs. This will give us beautiful field position and easy shots at goal.

Look to see the Pies make a fist of it to half time, then a relaxed and fresh Tigers outfit to steamroll them in the third, then depending on how ruthless they feel, watch for the flood gates to open and a scoring onslaught leading to a 48-60 point victory!

Eat Em Alive!!
Great article, and I'd love $10 for every time I've heard or read the words "system based" since Clarkos after match presser against us.

This is a comment from an article in "The Roar". The article is titled "Five ways Collingwood can topple the Tigers"

Richmond footy club have played two games since August 18. One, an unconvincing 3 point win against the lowly Dogs, the other, a finals win against a Hawthorn side who gave them a run for their money and yet had their poor form exposed by the Demons last week. That will be 2 unconvincing games in 34 days when the Tigers walk out Friday night. This will be their weakness, their achilles heel. They have to be a bit “rusty” as Bucks called it. If the Pies start like they did against GWS and get a bit of momentum, plus kick straight, look out, the Pies could be 5 goals ahead by quarter time. Wouldn’t that make things interesting?

LOL.
Link here: https://www.theroar.com.au/2018/09/18/five-ways-collingwood-can-topple-the-tigers/
Sooooo......we're the underdogs now?! Pfft...:smirk:

I think alot of mature self respecting people of society think Broad got what he deserved, which you obviously disagree with...
His punishment was harsh and excessive for his actions, but at least he took it like a man and excepted the umpires decision, unlike the pathetic pies and their laughable punushment for DeGooey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back