C Section Prem C 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct, but Club culture offers some deterrent.
That would be to suggest that clubs that pay, don't offer a good club culture. It's not the case.

Good / high level clubs in the Ammo's 'pay' in some form or another. Everyone knows and it's been confirmed to us in discussions with recruits this season. Even obtaining jobs for players is a 'payment' of sorts that is 'legal' in the VAFA. The VAFA is an amazing competition and will remain so, but to think it's only 'for the love of the game' is not the case in my experience.

Carey look very strong in C this year 😉

Chump.

Last edited:
Can assure you there was no attitude issue at Monash last year. Just not enough cattle. Agree that to win many games after promotion you need to build on your grand final list. Monash lost literally half of the 22 flag team including the best player in the grade.
Hope a positive attitude gets your mob enough wins to stay up Max.
Les, my point was it was not a club issue, but a player issue. Knowing MB, they would have been devastated that they couldn’t show the comp what they showed in 2021 and 2022.

You will bounce, no doubt about it.

That would be to suggest that clubs that pay don't offer a good club culture. It's not the case.

Good / high level clubs in the Ammo's 'pay' in some form Or another. Everyone knows and it's been confirmed to us in discussions with recruits this season. The VAFA is an amazing competition and will remain so, but to think it's 'for the love of the game' is not the case in my experience.

Chump.
Welcome back Chumpy, How are IFC travelling in their first pre season post VAFA? Any big signings around the corner? thoughts on OP landing a very big fish in sam gilmore?

Then there are some who have personal changes and off they go . 1000 bucks a game changes things .

Sometimes a lot more than that.

I remember a young bloke from our team years ago was offered 2500 a game- at the age of 22. That's serious money when you're at uni.

We thanked him for his time at the club, said we completely understand and hope he is able to return one day.

Returned at 25- a bigger and better player and brought a bunch of players with him.

Welcome back Chumpy, How are IFC travelling in their first pre season post VAFA? Any big signings around the corner? thoughts on OP landing a very big fish in sam gilmore?

G'day LFL23, good numbers at training so far ( 40+ the past few sessions), so that's a good start for two mens sides. Have signed 9 new players, most of which are ex-IJFC guys and between 22-25 years of age who have come back to the club. No 'big fish' per se, but all we have signed will play in our first 22 thats for sure. We are still talking to several players who are considering things, so will see how we go. All in all we will have a much stronger list and only have to fill 2 x senior mens teams and not 3 (Thirds), so competition for spots will be back.

Great signing for Parade to get Sam, verry, very good player - arguably the best in the comp from Div 1 powerhouse Heidelberg. Well done to them on getting him to their club and I am sure they continue to strengthen their list like us as we move forward.

Lots of peopled suggesting this Division will be the toughest to win it has been in years, with several clubs recruiting very, very well.

Chump

Last edited:
Sometimes a lot more than that.

I remember a young bloke from our team years ago was offered 2500 a game- at the age of 22. That's serious money when you're at uni.

We thanked him for his time at the club, said we completely understand and hope he is able to return one day.

Returned at 25- a bigger and better player and brought a bunch of players with him.

Is that where the Wagga connection comes from ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

G'day LFL23, good numbers at training so far ( 40+ the past few sessions), so that's a good start for two mens sides. Have signed 9 new players, most of which are ex-IJFC guys and between 22-25 years of age who have come back to the club. No 'big fish' per se, but all we have signed will play in our first 22 thats for sure. We are still talking to several players who are considering things, so will see how we go. All in all we will have a much stronger list and only have to fill 2 x senior mens teams and not 3 (Thirds), so competition for spots will be back.

Great signing for Parade to get Sam, verry, very good player - arguably the best in the comp from Div 1 powerhouse Heidelberg. Well done to them on getting him to their club and I am sure they continue to strengthen their list like us as we move forward.

Lots of peopled suggesting this Division will be the toughest to win it has been in years, with several clubs recruiting very, very well.

Chump
Great to hear about the numbers, huge at this time of the year. No good about the NFNL not having a thirds grade, however it does boost the reserves spots.

Looks it regarding the division, seen a lot of posts around in D3, the league will be licking its lips about some of the contests this year after seeing some very big one sided L's last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would be to suggest that clubs that pay, don't offer a good club culture. It's not the case.

Good / high level clubs in the Ammo's 'pay' in some form or another. Everyone knows and it's been confirmed to us in discussions with recruits this season. Even obtaining jobs for players is a 'payment' of sorts that is 'legal' in the VAFA. The VAFA is an amazing competition and will remain so, but to think it's only 'for the love of the game' is not the case in my experience.

Chump.
Absolutely Correct - Well Summed Up.

GE's first practice match at Nathalia. A long way. I gather it'll be a sleep over. Last time we did something like this all the players camped out in the clubrooms. Worked out ok. Any other practice matches happening?

Any word on how teams are looking for 2024 and practice game results?? Should be a very even competition. Based on socials would have Old Carey and Parkdale as the early favourites.

Monash/Ajax coming down will be interesting! Normally always strong in Premier C.

Any word on how teams are looking for 2024 and practice game results?? Should be a very even competition. Based on socials would have Old Carey and Parkdale as the early favourites.

Monash/Ajax coming down will be interesting! Normally always strong in Premier C.

Will be looking at Marcellin today against Old Geelong at Whitefriars of all places.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back