Certified Legendary Thread Q: Why did Freeman Leave St Kilda? (A: He was delisted)

Should the thread be closed

• Yes

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • No

Votes: 33 70.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If it was his dream to play footy and [be a star]quote then IMO he is a soft utensil.

I don't get your logic, he has a higher chance of becoming a star at St Kilda than Collingwood.

'If I stayed at Collingwood I could be out of the system in two years time'.....

A top 10 pick who is exactly the type of player the club needs (outside speed) won't even back himself to win a place in the 22. Wow. I'm actually really glad he's gone now. Don't need players who won't fight for a place in a young emerging squad.

Fighting for a spot is one thing, after the midfielders we got this season he was just going to push s**t uphill with us.

"If I stayed at Collingwood I could be out of the system in two years time".

Oh boy does that come off as a lazy and un-determined boy, Its pretty clear Bucks wants players that are determined to get better no matter which situation.

Maybe if Nathan Freeman didn't go out drinking while in rehab that much he might have been alright.

He probably has lost confidence. That can happen when you are injury prone. Am I going to last if I keep breaking down? Probably not. Should I take the guaranteed cash and a chance with a weaker midfield in an equally young team? Worth a crack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fighting for a spot is one thing, after the midfielders we got this season he was just going to push s**t uphill with us.
Disagree. He had a point of difference to our other mids, and had the talent to crack the 22 as a mid/forward.

I don't get your logic, he has a higher chance of becoming a star at St Kilda than Collingwood.

My point and logic is this. IMO after reading the article it sounds to me like he is doing something for the wrong reason and that is $.

He states he wants to become a star but at the same time states he doesn't know what his future will be in two years if he stayed. Mixed messages in that article for me.

Sorry mike but I still don't get Gen Y........the reality is I need to get it quick smart because my kids 7,6 & 4 will be Gen Z? soon enough!

I like fighters and to me he took the easiest option.

P.S Ask Ryan Shoemakers if he is happy with his decision at the end of 2014 to sign with the Hawks?

My point and logic is this. IMO after reading the article it sounds to me like he is doing something for the wrong reason and that is $.
If he is being offered more he's entitled to take it.

He states he wants to become a star but at the same time states he doesn't know what his future will be in two years if he stayed. Mixed messages in that article for me.

Just because he wants to be an AFL doesn't mean his future clear. I'm fairly sure there are allot of players on an AFL list that want to become stars but don't know what their future will hold in the next two years. its not a mixed message its a reality he faces.

Sorry mike but I still don't get Gen Y........the reality is I need to get it quick smart because my kids 7,6 & 4 will be Gen Z? soon enough!

I like fighters and to me he took the easiest option.

I don't get your generation whatever its called and its fixation with taking harder options for the sake of it being harder.

He hasn't played an AFL game yet and has been injured the past couple of year, it doesn't matter what option he choose, he's still going to have to fight. He just picked the option where A. more likely to get where he wants (become a star) and b he's getting more money whilst doing it.

P.S Ask Ryan Shoemakers if he is happy with his decision at the end of 2014 to sign with the Hawks?

Shoenmakers spot on an AFL list was never in doubt. Given he could play forward and back he was always an injury to a KPP player away to playing, which was what happened in the end an injury to Gunston got him a call up during the finals.

Freeman is a midfielder competing with allot more players on a list allot further away from a premiership than Hawthorn's was at the time of Shoenmakers decisions.

The situations aren't comparable.

Disagree. He had a point of difference to our other mids, and had the talent to crack the 22 as a mid/forward.

Point of difference doesn't guarantee anything and even then, I'd say Treloar fills that role of inside/outside mid with speed.

If he is being offered more he's entitled to take it.

Shoenmakers spot on an AFL list was never in doubt. Given he could play forward and back he was always an injury to a KPP player away to playing, which was what happened in the end an injury to Gunston got him a call up during the finals.

Freeman is a midfielder competing with allot more players on a list allot further away from a premiership than Hawthorn's was at the time of Shoenmakers decisions.

The situations aren't comparable.

I am not going to get into the other points because we obviously disagree on them. To each their own.

But Shoenmakers is definitely comparable. He had many offers to leave for greater opportunity and if I can find the article in which he states he decided to stay to fight for his position I would post it for you. Maybe he had the warped sense of mentality that my generation has...........and has a premiership medal to go with that.

Something I hope St.Kilda never has in my lifetime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why don't we end on a positve, (just for the anti Bucks clan)...
“He rang me to clarify that it wasn’t meant as a pot shot, which is what it got interpreted as. It was good from him. I respect Bucks a lot. He’s a person I still hold in high regard.’’

I am not going to get into the other points because we obviously disagree on them. To each their own.

But Shoenmakers is definitely comparable. He had many offers to leave for greater opportunity and if I can find the article in which he states he decided to stay to fight for his position I would post it for you. Maybe he had the warped sense of mentality that my generation has...........and has a premiership medal to go with that.

Something I hope St.Kilda never has in my lifetime.

Greater playing opportunity not greater premiership ones.

Why don't we end on a positve, (just for the anti Bucks clan)...
“He rang me to clarify that it wasn’t meant as a pot shot, which is what it got interpreted as. It was good from him. I respect Bucks a lot. He’s a person I still hold in high regard.’’

Last post on this for me.

After the Freeman's.....Buckley's....Pendles........Treloars......etc are gone the Collingwood jumper remains.

Maybe it is my upbringing or my generation but a player leaving OUR Club after two years for $ is disrespectful to OUR Club in MY eyes.

I hope I never get di sensitised to things like this.......it's more than a game and $ for me.

Thanks * for this thread as I was beginning to forget that everyone that comes to us is a higher being and those that leave are soft money hungry lowlifes.

Don't get the Freeman hate, there's only so many midfielders you can have in one side. Only 22 players can play at a time. He would have already established himself if it wasn't for his injuries but since then depth has increased and he was pushed down the pecking order. Its not his fault he's not charge of list management, and didn't injure himself on purpose.

If you were offered more money, more opportunity and more security what would you do?

Its hard to argue

Why do we always play the jilted lover on this board? We get players from other clubs & other clubs sometimes get ours. I got to admit, I didn't read the article because he doesn't play for us. So care factor is very low.
Freeman left our club. Big deal. Why the hate? Treloar, Aish & Howe all just did the same to their clubs. It's the way things work during trade period. We gained a hell of a lot more than we lost.

Back