AFL Toast R17: Tamed the Lions at the Gabba!

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Black Reaction GIF by National Geographic Channel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Second loss in the last two years at the Gabba for them. Huge win, don't care about their outs.

As far as style maybe not the best performance but some good individual performances and they had their midfield and we matched and beat them in there.

Hopefully a lot of belief.

The game was glorified circle work at different parts, but for me the fact we dominated the midfield battle is important because they had just about their full complement.

Neale, Lyons, McCluggage, were all playing and Caldwell, Zerrett and Shiel beat them head to head. Thats a big plus for mine.

Second loss in the last two years at the Gabba for them. Huge win, don't care about their outs.
Plus our outs (Redman, Parish, Perkins as definite best 22).

Also, the booing from lions fans is bullshit. The free kick to Guelfi was 100% there.

People will point to Brisbane's injuries and rightfully so, but the game was won in the middle. Neale, McCluggage and Lyons were well beaten by our mids. Daniher, Hipwood and Cameron were blanketed.
With Redman and Parish out, it was a decent effort to beat Brisbane at the Gabba where they won 33 of the last 34 games.

Good win, surprised we weren't closer in the odds after all their outs at roughly $4.

We have sorely missed a fit Langford, he was close to BOG for mine, setting up the game in the first half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back