AFL Toast R17: Tamed the Lions at the Gabba!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah that’s kinda what I’m alluding to…that I don’t think it was but it certainly looks like it and I don’t know what else it would be?
He was kissing his wrist and whatever (whoever) is written on there, and pointing to "heaven" in the same way that people look up when they remember lost loved ones - was my take

Pleased we got the win but felt like we should have won by more. Was interesting how many errors their mids made and they weren't impacted by injury HS outs there. goes to show you that you need quality across the playing group to make life easier for all players. And that is what we are still trying to develop with our youth. and relying on our midget backline on KPF which we get away with sometimes (Saints, Swans, Lions) but not always (Eagles).

Having Stringer, Jones, Langers and Snelling back has made a huge difference also.

Hopefully our rucks can have handball practice this week and learn that it is better to handpass to someone wearing an Ess jumper than to just anyone standing nearby.

Spot on - a good side would have buried them - but we are not a good side; we are a work in progress.
Happy with Caldwell. What a game. - Shiel's first half was epic, Litre is an absolute ripper, Zerk was good again and Laverde put old mate to sleep.
Take it and move on.
Ball use is a real issue at times.
Yeah agreed. We need at least 1.5x the opportunities we should to convert dominance in play into scores. Efficiency will come in time hopefully and maturity will help with decision making.

What I really liked about yesterday's win is never letting Brisbane's lead blow out to more than 2 points in the first half and never letting them take the lead in the second half. After HT, any time they got to within 10 points, the midfield (and Wright) ensured that a response came almost immediately to keep the buffer. It was a mature win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back