AFL Toast R17: Tamed the Lions at the Gabba!

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched the game
horrid game but they could of turned their toes up in the last quarter but they didnt
fancy rutten putting someone on Lachie neale
not doing this cost us the game just about in round three and then he justified his decision
i guess we should be thankful he is willing to change

BL Expected Score: 82.1 vs Actual 90 (+7.9)
ESS Expected Score: 106.6 vs Actual 100 (-6.6)

Probably reflects what my gut was, we were a bit wasteful early but overall not terrible in front of goals.
Brisbane were about par with 1-2 goals as outliers

View attachment 1443834

Most unlikely goals were:

1. Lincoln McCarthy shot from the pocket 25m out towards the end of the third: 22.6% (Top left green circle)
2. Carter Michael's shot from the pocket 40m out in the 4th: 24.4% (Bottom left green circle)
3. Mitch Robinson shot from 35m out at the end of the third: 26.4% (Small green circleunder the cluster of big green squares in the middle of the 50)
That is some very sexy spatial statistics.

I'd love to see it go one step forward with kick inside 50 including location, open team mates, leading options and one on ones ahead.

What a day considering I hadn't planned on going until Saturday morning. My first live game since covid. I also caught up with 2 mates who I hadn't seen since pre covid who flew up for the game. We went to a pub beforehand to a function for the Queensland Bombers group and heard Mark Harvey and Fletch talk. Sat at the game with a large pro-Essendon group with the cheer squad and the Queensland Bombers group and we made a lot of noise. After the game went back to the pub with my mates for a few drinks before they flew back to Melbourne. Good times!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching that was painful.
So many times we should have kicked away and buried then but we left then there with a chance
Suck s**t daniher , poor man's Peter weight. At least Brisbane can say they fixed him physically, which we did. But they can't say they turned him into a footballer which he isn't.

I'm not a Kelly fan but if he brings that intensity every week it won't get long until I am one

Langford was awesome
Pretty good team performance as ugly as it was

6mdtxg.jpg

So many times we should have kicked away and buried then but we left then there with a chance
Suck s**t daniher , poor man's Peter weight. At least Brisbane can say they fixed him physically, which we did. But they can't say they turned him into a footballer which he isn't.

I'm not a Kelly fan but if he brings that intensity every week it won't get long until I am one

Langford was awesome
Gets another go this week on Rankine. I reckon Dodo has said to Izaak, "If you can beat Kelly, you're in."

Langford was awesome
Spot on - a good side would have buried them - but we are not a good side; we are a work in progress.
Happy with Caldwell. What a game. - Shiel's first half was epic, Litre is an absolute ripper, Zerk was good again and Laverde put old mate to sleep.
Take it and move on.
Ball use is a real issue at times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back