Banter Random Discussion Thread 147 - Taika Waititi's New World Order

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Georgie is an utterly deranged poster who I hope is a troll because if he seriously holds those views then god help him.

Best to ignore and not engage.

Sitting on the fence during the 30's didn't help you then Neville and it's not going to help you now.

Moving slightly off topic, but I was just wondering if anyone here has seen The Lighthouse?

In my opinion, it was a 10/10 movie, up there with Parasite. Despite the fact that the main characters had extremely thick accents that made them hard to understand at points (the film is set in 1890 off the coast of New England), it didn't detract from the experience one bit. Usually that would for me, but the entire product was so meticulously crafted that I was speechless for 30 minutes after the film ended.

Easily one of the scariest movies I've ever seen (possibly the scariest). I felt like I had glimpsed into the depths of hell itself - the film practically drags you to the island where it is set, and drowns you in this soul crushing nighmare that draws no line between madness and reality. And, to add on top of all that, you have two career best performances from Robert Pattison (the main guy from Twilight) and Willem Defoe - how they didn't receive acting nominations at the 2020 AAs I will never understand.

It was an absolute masterpiece, I highly recommend it (although it is a horror movie, so it might not be for everyone).

Last edited:
giphy.gif

The feel when you have just sent a snippy email to the supplier of your new, non-functioning electro-gadget...and someone from a younger generation points out that you have simply plugged it in incorrectly and it works fine.

*posting for a friend*

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So FKASC can you give us a bit of a further insight as to the global name changing conspiracy and your fellow shape-shifting peoples?

A special place in hell is reserved for those campaigners at work who book meetings right at the start or end of a work day. What the f**k are you people thinking! If you book a meeting for 20 people at 4pm there is no way in hell that meeting ends at 5. You are responsible for screwing up the work life of 20 people.
We've recently had our team meetings (every 2 months) booked in for the coming year, each at 4pm on a Friday. Utterly ridiculous, even if they were supplying drinks (unlikely).

Also, in these days of flexible working you'll have a ton of people starting late or finishing early to do school runs. Large meetings in particular have to be done in the middle of the day.

Moving slightly off topic, but I was just wondering if anyone here has seen The Lighthouse?

In my opinion, it was a 10/10 movie, up there with Parasite. Despite the fact that the main characters had extremely thick accents that made them hard to understand at points (the film is set in 1890 off the coast of New England), it didn't detract from the experience one bit. Usually that would for me, but the entire product was so meticulously crafted that I was speechless for 30 minutes after the film ended.

Easily one of the scariest movies I've ever seen (possibly the scariest). I felt like I had glimpsed into the depths of hell itself - the film practically drags you to the island where it is set, and drowns you in this soul crushing nighmare that draws no line between madness and reality. And, to add on top of all that, you have two career best performances from Robert Pattison (the main guy from Twilight) and Willem Defoe - how they didn't receive acting nominations at the 2020 AAs I will never understand.

It was an absolute masterpiece, I highly recommend it (although it is a horror movie, so it might not be for everyone).
Absolutely hated the Lighthouse, it was garbage. Loved Parasite. The Sth Koreans do make some great movies, but also other Asian countries like China and Japan producing quality films now. Europe has been making good movies for decades, and anyone who only watches American, British or Australian movies is really missing out!

Absolutely hated the Lighthouse, it was garbage. Loved Parasite. The Sth Koreans do make some great movies, but also other Asian countries like China and Japan producing quality films now. Europe has been making good movies for decades, and anyone who only watches American, British or Australian movies is really missing out!

I’m really into movies from the Congo and Iraq.

What was wrong with it?

That's from one of the co-captains of the Adelaide 36ers, massive tirade against the club and their now former coach.

Well worth reading through the entire threads, he doesn't hold back

Joey Wright has always been a false macho prick. Has tried to fight young development players in the past, long tirades in the press conference about how tough he is. The stuff about him assaulting a player at training is unsurprising.

Thinks it's about him, glad to see him gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back