Autopsy Roast and toast round 6 vs Melbourne and changes for West Coast

Best vs Demons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like to give myself a shout out for suggesting Gibcus should play on Brown. Felt like he wrecked him and he's a bloody 5th gamer, amazing. We have a player there.

Happy to say I was wrong in harping on and on about the fact we should have gone for Hobbs. Hobbs looks just OK so far, nowhere near Gibcus, and certainly wouldn't have improved our current situation on his own.

To the future it seems, rather than anything more in the now. Kinda feel bad for Tarrant, although at least he'll see SOME wins rather than almost zero.

Because we probably will. It all depends on what sort of defensive pressure our guys can apply and for how long. If we do it for the whole game or most of the game (like the Dogs game) we will win. If we do it for only half the game or less (Carlton, St Kilda, Adelaide) we will not.

After last season and 6 rounds into this one, I am no longer confident no matter who our opponents are. We've become easy to play against.
Yep :(

He's very hesitant to kick the ball. I reckon the coaches have told him to take the safe option with his kicking and as a result he's not taking the first option and is taking to long to dispose of the ball.

I don't think it's an issue that will hamper him long-term though. Just needs to get more comfortable with the tempo of the game.
He is also an excellent hand pass so play to your strengths. He really has just scratched the surface and probably needs to play a bit of VFL footy to get used to getting his hands on the ball for 4 quarters. I guess that will probably happen after a weeks rest.

He is also an excellent hand pass so play to your strengths. He really has just scratched the surface and probably needs to play a bit of VFL footy to get used to getting his hands on the ball for 4 quarters. I guess that will probably happen after a weeks rest.
I'd try and leave him in the seniors if we can. We are desperate to develop some of these young mids, and he's shown the most so far.

In fact, apart from him and Sonsie I don't think any of our other young inside mids are going to make it. RCD and Martyn both have flaws they can't seem to get past and Ross is looking like depth at best.

I like your post except for the investment in Cerra. He would have cost us coin and most importantly low draft picks. When you have an ageing list you need to keep your early picks for 2-3 seasons and then get the big fish in when you've put 30-50 games in the kids. See when we won those 3 flags we batted down to 28-30 capable players of getting a game and the 22-30 players meant they could come in to cover for injuries and to manage our A graders with a break. ATM our list bats to 14-18 which means we're not ready to launch another attack , so bringing in a Cerra would be detrimental to doing a proper rebuild. When Geelong Hawks Us and Melbourne now were winning flags all of their reserves team were powerful. Slow and steady wins the race.
fair comments here. Ceera is clean and pretty good with his disposal. Not sure how the draft picks would have worked but I would have been keen to address a need. Our mids are our need. Its dissapointing we have not developed them.

I'd try and leave him in the seniors if we can. We are desperate to develop some of these young mids, and he's shown the most so far.

In fact, apart from him and Sonsie I don't think any of our other young inside mids are going to make it. RCD and Martyn both have flaws they can't seem to get past and Ross is looking like depth at best.
Wouldn't think a week to get his hands on it is going to hurt him, quite the opposite. Yes he is the future but RCD deserves a good look at, and also Ross who playing as a wingman has been very solid. His hands especially have been good and he deserves a look at also back inside while he is in some sort of form.

Any chance Judson Clarke comes in soon? Looks like an absolute gem as far as half forwards go.

Gotta say the whole draft haul looks amazing.

In the next few years...

Vlastuin, Balta, Broad
Rioli, Gibcus, Brown
Clarke, Sonsie, Ralphsmith
Bolton, XXXX, Dusty
Baker, Lynch, Stack
Nankervis, Prestia, Dow
Graham, MRJ, Mansell, XXXX

For the record I'd be happy to let Short go.

Any chance Judson Clarke comes in soon? Looks like an absolute gem as far as half forwards go.

In the next few years...

Vlastuin, Balta, Broad
Rioli, Gibcus, Brown
Bolton, XXXX, Dusty
Baker, Lynch, Stack
Nankervis, Prestia, Dow

How dare you leave Banksy out!!!!

Whilst I'm not sure he'll be a star, of the four smaller blokes we drafted this year Banks to me looks to have the highest floor.

How dare you leave Banksy out!!!!

Whilst I'm not sure he'll be a star, of the four smaller blokes we drafted this year Banks to me looks to have the highest floor.
Whoops, I had Banks at HBF and Brown in BP, realised Broad should still be playing in a couple of years if he hasn't left us so put him in the BP and moved Brown to HBF, and forgot to put Banks back in.

Banks looks good, and I think you mean the highest ceiling?

Whoops, I had Banks at HBF and Brown in BP, realised Broad should still be playing in a couple of years if he hasn't left us so put him in the BP and moved Brown to HBF, and forgot to put Banks back in.

Banks looks good, and I think you mean the highest ceiling?
Na I do mean floor. By highest floor I mean he looks the most guaranteed to at least be a solid player. I think Sonsie probably has the highest ceiling.

Tarrant out, biggy/miller in: Not a reflection on tarrant particularly, but we are not making finals and he is not part of the future. Just holding back the development of the future. Hes not doing any better than either of those two would anyway, he's already lost us 2 winnable games by his own poor performance.
RCD out, mid season draft pick in: Is there a way we can delist him and get a mid season pick?
Parker out, the invisible man in: nuff said. he'd do more for the team if he just didnt bother trying to get the ball.
castagna out, ??? in: im a fan, but its been too long of these performances. who do we have though? rioli not at the level yet and perhaps its too early for clarke, but if we arent making finals then maybe who cares and just give them a go.
Edwards out: is one of my favourites, but the time has come. i defended him early in his career, but its sad to see him floundering with RCD quality performances. Perhaps he could at least become a permanent forward pocket, but with his zip and reflexes gone im not sure hes even got that in him anymore.
Baker to the backline for a small trio of rioli/short/baker: we look far better as a team with him down back, and its not like hes a tackling machine up forward. his kicking is a weapon and that cant be used when hes stuck 30m from goal.
Mansell ???: i like him, but how many small backs do we need? Perhaps try him forward, has real go and likes the tough stuff, and we could really use a goer in the forward 50 atm.
Balta out of the forwardline, to the backline: Can we just stop with this, he has nfi forward. People say who takes tarrant's place if miller/biggy arent up to it, well we've got a bloke right here. A backline of gibcus/balta and one of miller/biggie could set us up for the next decade in defense, yet we are trying to take the potential next rance and turn him into the potential next brad miller. why???
Lynch???: I just dont know with this guy. People are talking about reiwoldt being done, but hes outperforming lynch pretty comfortably. perhaps dropping him and letting jack play 1 up, or alongside balta if the club are going to continue with that ridiculous waste, will let him either get some confidence back, or put a rocket up him. If a team came with a trade offer, id be pretty happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the next few years...

Vlastuin, Balta, Broad
Rioli, Gibcus, Brown
Bolton, XXXX, Dusty
Baker, Lynch, Stack
Nankervis, Prestia, Dow

Go on ball is the only place that Short might go.
B&F winner and would leading again so far this year.

Melbourne this year - Wins vs current ladder positions interesting lol. Yes many would have some inside top8

Rd 1 vs Dogs 11th
Rd 2 vs Suns 13th
Rd 3 vs Essendon 16th
Rd 4 vs Port 14th
Rd 5 GWS 15th
Rd 6 Richmond 12th

Might say plenty about us.
We've beaten ....
Dogs 11th
GWS 15th
And some are saying we are a good team out of luck and have a hard draw?
Lost to Carlton 7th
Crows 11th.

Go on ball is the only place that Short might go.
B&F winner and would leading again so far this year.
But is he worth what it will probably cost us? Fairly one-dimensional player at times, gets it a lot but just bombs away. Rarely see him hit a target inside 50, rarely kicks a goal, and not a great defender. Rarely see him use his pace and burn off players to open up the game, if ever.

This.

Also applies to free kicks... Wherever they are on the ground at least 75% of em have big impact regarding momentum swing/continuing momentum.

Why it hurts so much when you get one per 12 minutes and the other team get one every 4 mins
I don’t underestimate them it’s generally a guarantee i50 , let’s be conservative say 75% result in an entry , really sets you back a few paces .

Means gotta work extra hard to get that one back and create an offensive which is the part of our game that has seriously dropped off , our defence still holding up , hence our admirable %%

This is the challenge to our coaching group where the cornerstone to our era was based on defence , rules have stifled that and rewarded offence which we aren’t at all great at . Loads of improvement required there

On our current Richmond players delivery to our forwards it would've been a) on his toes. b) lobbed straight over his head enabling him to get crunched. sadly that's probably the cleanest delivery Lynch will get all year. He was alone 20m clear at least twice in the goal square waving arms screaming and both times Bolton and Balta ignored him and blazed away and missed. Our forwards this year have pretty much been receiving the slop delivery richo had to make do with for majority of his career. Bring on the class of 2021 draftees who all have foot skills.
Poty, enough to make you cry , so true. Our entry so farrrrken slow , little wonder F50 so congested ,,, I watched Anzac Day game and was much clearer, why coz both teams moved the ball in an egressive forward fashion ,,, Sound familiar

Kids we drafted last year look very good but IMHO we haven't yet drafted the best two midfielders in our next premiership team..I'm just hoping they've at least been born!

Our backline is sorted especially if we played Balta back but mids and Riewoldt replacements look weak

Nothing against club or the players themselves.. the Martins, Cotchins and Olivers of the world simply don't grow on trees..

What’s the early prognosis for your side this week? Got any more guys coming back?
We'll get McGovern back at the very least, he's been our best player this season but he just had covid so he'll be off his best you'd think.

Too early to say on anyone else. Rumour going around this morning we may have several out due to covid protocols. * lol.

We'll get McGovern back at the very least, he's been our best player this season but he just had covid so he'll be off his best you'd think.

Too early to say on anyone else. Rumour going around this morning we may have several out due to covid protocols. fu** lol.
Could play all of your WAFL side or top up players. You will still beat us.

Exactly right. Anyone within ‘their own’ distance range having a shot for goal is entitled to 30-seconds. The umpire took it upon himself to decide Balta was outside goal scoring range, proving he has no idea at all of how far each player can kick the ball, which is an indictment on this umpire’s football knowledge. If it was Cotchin then clearly he was outside range, but Balta was well within his range and the umpire either didn’t know this or they’re told to go via a blanket ‘distance’ rule …. Either way it’s a f**k up.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Umpire got a squeaky bottom knowing if Balta kicked the goal,we'd be back in the match.

Back