Autopsy Roast and toast round 6 vs Melbourne and changes for West Coast

Best vs Demons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Guinness book of records have booked a flight for the Eagles game this week for an umpire World record free attempt against Richmond.
Most swallows of a whistle is up for grabs as well.

Brown will be the pick of the bunch imo.
Solid 3 defenders (Gibcus, Brown, Banks) to build around and we'll also have Vlastuin, hopefully also Rioli and Broad.

Classy mid with Sonsie but we'll definitely need to recruit more bulls, Tom Green otherwise just draft.

And a forward/wing in Clarke who really does look a gem, especially given he has done an ACL before.

Guinness book of records have booked a flight for the Eagles game this week for an umpire World record free attempt against Richmond.
Most swallows of a whistle is up for grabs as well.
You watch they will name 3 Western Australian umpires to screw us over.

We'll get McGovern back at the very least, he's been our best player this season but he just had covid so he'll be off his best you'd think.

Too early to say on anyone else. Rumour going around this morning we may have several out due to covid protocols. fu** lol.
You nearly beat the Ruse with half your team replaced by vagrants you herded into the stadium 10 minutes before the bounce. Not confident at all. Don't reckon I will be all year.

We got 10 free kicks in the first 110 minutes, then 9 free kicks in the last 10 minutes when the game was over to help even the ledger.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

And a couple were paid even though we held the mark so were pointless. i notice none were right in front of goals. You can hold our forwards, crunch them, push them over and get away with it 95% of time. Some forwards in the league trip over their own feet and get a free. Not our boys.

This injury list tells me only lambert will be available. From the reserves, Stack, Sonsie and Clarke were our best.
Can't see more than 2-3 changes.

Ins: Lambert, Stack
Outs: Dow, Parker out (Edwards and RCD likely to survive the cut).

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN
Tom Brown H&S protocols 1-2 weeks
Josh Caddy Hamstring 4-6 weeks
Noah Cumberland Knee Test
Thomson Dow Thigh 1 week
Dylan Grimes Hamstring 1-2 weeks
Kane Lambert Hip/managed Test
Dustin Martin Personal TBC
Marlion Pickett Hamstring TBC
Hugo Ralpsmith Ribs 1-2 weeks
Ivan Soldo Toe TBC
Updated: April 26, 2022

Last edited:
Thomson Dow Thigh 1 week
Ivan Soldo Toe TBC
Where's that from? Thought Grimes was close. Tom Browne still 1-2 weeks for H&S protocols? Doesn't seem right.

Where's that from? Thought Grimes was close. Tom Browne still 1-2 weeks for H&S protocols? Doesn't seem right.

Agree, Brown should be 1 week or ready to play. Grimes was 1-2 last week. Just going by this AFL injury report, guess we'll need to wait until tomorrow Burge's report.

Geez whats with Pickett TBC

Kids we drafted last year look very good but IMHO we haven't yet drafted the best two midfielders in our next premiership team..I'm just hoping they've at least been born!

Our backline is sorted especially if we played Balta back but mids and Riewoldt replacements look weak

Nothing against club or the players themselves.. the Martins, Cotchins and Olivers of the world simply don't grow on trees..
You can’t plan to draft every single need at one draft , we were indeed right in selecting prob the best u18 kpp in the country with our first rather than 8th best mid . You’d expect inside mids will be a focus with early selections this year

You can’t plan to draft every single need at one draft , we were indeed right in selecting prob the best u18 kpp in the country with our first rather than 8th best mid . You’d expect inside mids will be a focus with early selections this year
This
Every draft might have 2 or 3 top tier key position players where 2 - 3 elite Mids and another 10 or so gun Mids

Obviously very loose numbers but generally speaking

When a player like Gibcus falls into our lap you need to take them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This
Every draft might have 2 or 3 top tier key position players where 2 - 3 elite Mids and another 10 or so gun Mids

Obviously very loose numbers but generally speaking

When a player like Gibcus falls into our lap you need to take them
Absolutely and I’m thinking if key forward landed same way we d do it again , can build a side around that. I think we can build midfield depth trading in some mids lipinski and Brodie style

This injury list tells me only lambert will be available. From the reserves, Stack, Sonsie and Clarke were our best.
Can't see more than 2-3 changes.

Ins: Lambert, Stack
Outs: Dow, Parker out (Edwards and RCD likely to survive the cut).

Thomson Dow Thigh 1 week
Ivan Soldo Toe TBC
Yes, Lambert we now know was ready but kept over due to the short turn around. Definitely in.
Pickett might be a chance..
Soldo?
Grimes close maybe too, but being Fri and in WA... R8 more likely.

Because we probably will. It all depends on what sort of defensive pressure our guys can apply and for how long. If we do it for the whole game or most of the game (like the Dogs game) we will win. If we do it for only half the game or less (Carlton, St Kilda, Adelaide) we will not.

After last season and 6 rounds into this one, I am no longer confident no matter who our opponents are. We've become easy to play against.
I'm almost, almost starting to think the football department has assessed our chances of contending this year. Decided it's zip and is putting the que in the rack already and looking long term. A couple of real low finishes to add to last years draft haul, supplemented by a free agent or two and away we go. Not much point sitting mid-table.

I say this because I see no urgency in our ball movement. I know we don't have the midfield guns that took us on a triple premiership run, but I'd still like to see us move the ball with urgency rather than this stop start crap which had me tearing my hair out last decade. I don't see the forward pressure to lock the ball in any more. Yes, these farcical rule changes have impacted but we're not getting the ball into an open forward line to give the likes of Castagna the chance to apply their pressure, hence his less than impressive 6 weeks.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but the next month will tell the tale. 4 very winnable games. If we don't win all 4, I'm deleting the almost from the first paragraph.

Richmond Injury List:

Probable

Ivan Soldo – Toe

Kane Lambert – Managed

Noah Cumberland – Knee

Questionable

Dylan Grimes – Hamstring – Short term

Doubtful

Thomson Dow – Quad cork

Unavailable

Marlion Pickett – Hamstring – Short term

Hugo Ralphsmith – Ribs – Short term

Tom Brown – Calf cork– Short term

Josh Caddy – Hamstring – Medium term

Pickett in line for a return vs Collingwood. Only precautionary to not select him this week. Think the same with Grimes.

Probably worth noting

but we were in front at half time by the skin of our teeth with all our leaders goin good....Cotch, Vloss and Graham were excellent with Nank and JR fine contributors with Big Tom and Shedda being very quiet.

i shine the light on these 7 because these were the standout candidates with Dylan and Dusty all in our captaincy mix with Trent stepping down

2nd half was a very different story with 6 of these 7 putting in poor second halves with noticeable clangers, concrete boots and low output.

massive concern and lucky that Vlossy, Rioli, Short, and Gibbo could save us from a 10 goal flogging.

Absolutely and I’m thinking if key forward landed same way we d do it again , can build a side around that. I think we can build midfield depth trading in some mids lipinski and Brodie style
Lol bargains like Lipinski and Brodie don't come along gift wrapped often. This year's crop is so sh!t they're pumping up McStay and Griffin Log as though they're big names. Whoever identified re-signing Caddie in 2020 should be shot. He was already on the nose in Hardwicks eyes the minute Lynch showed up in 2019. Whether he liked it or not his best position was medium forward where he kicked 46 goals in 22 games in 2018. Since then he's been played out of position and kept away from the forward line never getting a chance to see if him and Lynch could work together. Saddest part is his last 3 years has cost us $1.5 mil for a return of 4 goals and little else. If he was traded or dumped in 2020 that money could've been used to pay for majority of what Lipinski and Brodie's combined salary is

Lol bargains like Lipinski and Brodie don't come along gift wrapped often. This year's crop is so sh!t they're pumping up McStay and Griffin Log as though they're big names. Whoever identified re-signing Caddie in 2020 should be shot. He was already on the nose in Hardwicks eyes the minute Lynch showed up in 2019. Whether he liked it or not his best position was medium forward where he kicked 46 goals in 22 games in 2018. Since then he's been played out of position and kept away from the forward line never getting a chance to see if him and Lynch could work together. Saddest part is his last 3 years has cost us $1.5 mil for a return of 4 goals and little else. If he was traded or dumped in 2020 that money could've been used to pay for majority of what Lipinski and Brodie's combined salary is
Played forward again a handful of games last year and was absolutely putrid

Don’t they ,
Jack crisp
Jack Steele
Zac Jones
Ed Langdon
Jarryd Lyons
Plenty more, These types are generally available ea year if play cards right, I was referring trades not FA that you pointed to

And a couple were paid even though we held the mark so were pointless. i notice none were right in front of goals. You can hold our forwards, crunch them, push them over and get away with it 95% of time. Some forwards in the league trip over their own feet and get a free. Not our boys.
Ben Brown a classic example of a cheating forward

Back