Autopsy Roast and toast vs Geelong and changes for West Coast

Best

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Think today's game showed that if Broad is going to play on one of the opposition's key forwards, then we probably don't have a matchup for Gibcus, or Soldo doesn't play. Once Soldo came on, Gibcus removed from the foward line cause we would be too top heavy, but with Tarrant on Hawkins, Vlasutin, Broad and Grimes rotating roles on Cameron, Henry and being the interceptor, Gibcus wasn't getting into positions to intercept, nor was he accountable for an opposition forward.

Tarrant has proven me wrong today, thinking he would be too slow or immobile for Hawkins, but easily pocketed him today.

Miller is due in for another game considering his VFL form (if Gibcus is to be dropped), but if the same applies next week, and Broad is matched onto Darling or another one of WCE's key forwards, I would like to see another midfielder or genuine forward bought in rather than a like for like defender.

good point. its clearly illogical.
makes me think that for intentional hits that result in concussions not only should the offending player be sent off but they should start their imposed ban the week after the concussed player returns to the game. so they get sent off + weeks off that player is injured + the ban

is that too harsh? if they are serious about getting rid of it...

Agree. They spend minutes replaying captain obvious finger tippers that go to the third umpire to resolve scoring ffs - surely a third ump can watch incidents like the Stewart hit and determine within a couple of minutes that a player needs to be sent off. Send the message down to the ground and get it done. If there’s any doubt player stays on and it gets resolved post-match.
Really is it that hard?
Only problem with the send off is we could tell Townsend to take out Bontempelli.

They lose player no.1; we lose player no.22. Pretty good deal.

While we would never do that, some teams: I can think of one in particular that might do it in a Grand Final. Let’s face it, a Legend in the HoF and all-round good guy sent a nobody player out to wipe out Dermott Brereton in a GF so it could happen.

In my opinion, for the send off rule to work fairly, teams would need to list their team in order of ability and if Dustin Martin is Ko’d by ‘the Barometer’ then sorry Fages that clown can stay on but you’ll have to do without Lachie Neale.

Last edited:

Super proud of the boys and their efforts tonight. The heart and soul that was shown from all the players especially Baker Tarrant Pickett Lynch Ross Kmac and so many others was outstanding. Once Prestia got taken out it took a while to find their system but oh how good it was when they did.

We were always getting umpire reemed today especially after the last couple of weeks and I chose not to watch it live but instead see the result, read the comments on here and then have a look for myself. Despite the fact the Cat's got the rub of the green today they played extremely well and it was a ripper of a match. This loss will actually help us as they'll be super fired up now. Trending nicely I'd say.
If the AFL don't bury Tom Stewart they're announcing how not serious they are about this issue. 4-6 weeks

Finally BAKER. Greatest 'trier' in the comp 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I've watched the footage numerous times hence having the opinion that I do.

The game is played at high speed, with players coming at each other from 360 degrees and collisions like this happen from time to time. Stewart didn't go in swinging an arm. He tucked his arm in and made sure Prestia didn't get an easy knock on. I've seen Pickett in recent times deliver similar types of bumps and he, like Stewart will be, was rubbed out for making high contact. The difference is that Pickett didn't KO the opponent. I can understand the angst among my fellow Tigers as nobody likes to see our players getting hurt in circumstances like that, but it's the nature of the game that they play and tonights game was played with the highest intensity I've seen in a H&A game for a long time. At the end of the day Stewart will cop his whack from the tribunal and you'd expect at minimum 3 weeks, possibly 4 will be the penalty.

Instead of watching the slow motion version, watch the full speed version here where Stewart is in position to tackle Prestia if he takes possession and it's only when Prestia elects to knock the ball on that he makes the decision to bump.

If one of our players was to do the same thing that Stewart did tonight, I'd bet my last dollar that every one of us would be defending it, in fact you only have to go back to when Pickett got rubbed out for bumping Moore against Hawthorn. We all called it good tough play, but when an opponent does it to one of ours they're dirty snipers.
Respectfully disagree

I said I'm going and I am. Here is my parting shot on the pussy-cat board:

Congratulations Geelong. I hope you win the flag.

If so, you will have supassed the great Western Bulldogs of 2016 as the least deserving premiership team I have seen in the fifty years since I was old enough to start to understand what a premiership team should look like.

I say that as a football supporter who cannot support such industrial-scale cheating to benefit, not just your geriatric club, but the suits and betting industry that run the league.

If you needed to do that to your opponents to beat them, they're clearly many rungs above you. Indeed, possible the greatest side of all time, because no great other side has been subjected to what this side has.

So sin bin me. Go ahead. I don't care. The game is going to Hell in a globalist hand cart, but you get to have a giggle while it happens, so you're okay with that.

I would walk out on Richmond if they did it. Unlike you lot, some of us have ethics and can't support s**t like this.

No free kick and the Umpires refused to stop play, even letting the ball get kicked over the injured Prestia and the medical staff attending to him.

What the actual * AFL you bunch of goddamn ******* amateurs. Your idiotic umpires put medical staff in harms way.
Pretty sure a free was paid, but yea, unbelievable umps didn’t stop play when the balls 20m away and a blokes out cold with trainers all around him.

To make matters even more baffling is them stopping play in the 3rd when Baker was down with a sore ankle.

😂 AFL site of course in full swing to try soften the suspension , have one guess what the headline is “I’ve just made a horrible error” like * off , error my arse Stewart you meant to put Prestia in la la land you sniping campaigner.
Sounds like typical dirt bag crim “ oh yeah I didn’t mean to shoot him but my finger just pulled the trigger “
How ******* dumb are people who believe the old “ oh I didn’t mean it “ bolox

I have a question, say Prestia had just kicked the ball instead of knocking it on. Would you still have the same dog s**t opinion? If the answer is yes and you still see no difference between the Pickett incident, then that closes the book on the matter because you are just being a bad faith grifter.

Here is a big hint about why the Pickett incident is totally different. If Pickett had not made head high contact, the bump would have been legal. If Stewart had not made head high contact, a free kick would still have been paid for an off the ball hit
Kick/handball/knock on it's all the same. You have 2 players coming at each other from opposite directions at speed, the defending players initial thought will be to tackle if possible and if not then put the opponent under physical pressure to impact the other players ability to dispose of the ball cleanly. Stewart wasn't to know that Prestia wouldn't take possession, and if he had of Stewart would have had him instantly in a tackle, but once Prestia doesn't take possession Stewart elects to put Prestia under physical pressure and it's poorly executed and will be dealt with.

That is what I'm defending here, the ability for players to be able to attack the contest as hard as they always have, not the result of Stewarts action

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was a strange incident when the ball was run out of bounds about 30 metres from goal,the boundary umpire picked the ball up and then went further away from our attacking 30 and threw it in from beyond the 50 metre line,so many blizzare decisions from the umps.

If so, you will have supassed the great Western Bulldogs of 2016 as the least deserving premiership team I have seen in the fifty years since I was old enough to start to understand what a premiership team should look like.

I say that as a football supporter who cannot support such industrial-scale cheating to benefit, not just your geriatric club, but the suits and betting industry that run the league.

If you needed to do that to your opponents to beat them, they're clearly many rungs above you. Indeed, possible the greatest side of all time, because no great other side has been subjected to what this side has.

So sin bin me. Go ahead. I don't care. The game is going to Hell in a globalist hand cart, but you get to have a giggle while it happens, so you're okay with that.

I would walk out on Richmond if they did it. Unlike you lot, some of us have ethics and can't support s**t like this.
Lol the cats have no shot at winning the flag mate
Love the melt though

Cats forget flags aren’t won in June
We won the mental battle again today and will again come finals time

Just hope it happens cause they certainly won’t want to play us! Balta, Cotch, Lamby and 4 quarters of Dion to come in! Can’t wait
Wasn’t convinced we were any good/back to our best this year until I saw that fight back today! Go tigs

There was a strange incident when the ball was run out of bounds about 30 metres from goal,the boundary umpire picked the ball up and then went further away from our attacking 30 and threw it in from beyond the 50 metre line,so many blizzare decisions from the umps.

Got footage ?

It's called cheating 101, the handbook published by the Scott brothers and proof read by the AFL.
A wonderful tale of two young boys that set out to become the most infamous collective s**t stain on the football world.

The 666 rule, stand rule, unlimited salary cap, handed top players from other clubs every single off season, given everything by the umpires, allowed to get away with murder during games, getting to play 10 games a year at the ground they train on, their coaches brother as the head of the umpiring committee, their current president was head of the rules committee and changed every possible rule of the game (thus destroying it in the process) to rig the game in their favour and their key players are immune from getting suspended. They have been handed every advantage possible yet still haven't won a flag for the last 10 seasons. But the AFL is determined to make it happen, and sadly it will happen this year. Corrupt AF

Kick/handball/knock on it's all the same. You have 2 players coming at each other from opposite directions at speed, the defending players initial thought will be to tackle if possible and if not then put the opponent under physical pressure to impact the other players ability to dispose of the ball cleanly. Stewart wasn't to know that Prestia wouldn't take possession, and if he had of Stewart would have had him instantly in a tackle, but once Prestia doesn't take possession Stewart elects to put Prestia under physical pressure and it's poorly executed and will be dealt with.

That is what I'm defending here, the ability for players to be able to attack the contest as hard as they always have, not the result of Stewarts action
I am happy for players to attack a contest as hard as they always had. The difference here is that, again, even if Stewart did not hit Prestia high, it would have been a free kick to Prestia.

So in essence, what you are defending is players going in hard to contests illegally.

You've got rocks in your head. Stewart knew exactly what he was doing when he chose to bump Prestia. He knew he didn't have to 1. bump him, 2. tackle him (not sure why you think this was ever an option), 3. he knew he could easily change direction and start running the other way. Despite all that he chose to bump. Im certain he didn't intend to knock Prestia out but thats what happened.

You say the speed of the game is fast and 360 and all that other bullshit but guess what these players are the best of the best and they have plenty of time to react in a split second. Stewart had more than a split second and still chose to bump so spare me the bullshit.

The 666 rule, stand rule, unlimited salary cap, handed top players from other clubs every single off season, given everything by the umpires, allowed to get away with murder during games, getting to play 10 games a year at the ground they train on, their coaches brother as the head of the umpiring committee, their current president was head of the rules committee and changed every possible rule of the game (thus destroying it in the process) to rig the game in their favour and their key players are immune from getting suspended. They have been handed every advantage possible yet still haven't won a flag for the last 10 seasons. But the AFL is determined to make it happen, and sadly it will happen this year. Corrupt AF
Heard they might make a play for de goey.
no salary cap at cat park.

hardest loss in a long time. Don't fear the cats at all - missing Lambert, Cotchin, Balta - then Prestia. We would cover them again if we had those guys - we saw some real growth from youth. Ralph-Smith might be our best young gun, this kid can impact a game at the highest level.

I also think the club needs to seriously consider Liam Baker for Captain. I know he is not the public speaker Cotchin is, but he plays with such effort and consistency - his game screams leadership to me

We were way better, reamed by the umps

Yep got reamed by umps all Game , we lacked pressure in the first quarter and a bit but got it going . I thought once we got to 17 points up in last we were going to run way over the top, but change of the game to was ball in our forward line when 17 up and attacking again and Nank kicks ball off ground straight to cats player , I’m not sure why he didn’t pick it up , they just scooted it down the other end and goal . We made some shocking turnovers to in the last

At no point did he look like he was priming for a tackle and since it was a late act he actually has more time than usual to position himself for one. Instead, well, it's right there for everyone to see. Almost everyone.

Back