Preview Round 1, 2020: North Melbourne v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 22nd March, 1:10PM AEDT *HILL 150TH, KING DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Kangaroos

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 60 92.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely they could get a pub near our main supporters area. Actually why not the club? Isn’t that open?
I think Jarryd Roughead and Jordan Lewis own it. So maybe some kind of deal there.

Hey guys really optimistic about your chances in 2020. Remind me a lot of us in 2017 with a few perfectly fitting recruits and renewed energy.
I just question with the virus now whether you guys will be taking the risk with dyl Roberton and his heart condition? Is that something that may alter him definitely starting in the 22 cause it’s a big risk. But yeah all the best for the year :)

Hey guys really optimistic about your chances in 2020. Remind me a lot of us in 2017 with a few perfectly fitting recruits and renewed energy.
I just question with the virus now whether you guys will be taking the risk with dyl Roberton and his heart condition? Is that something that may alter him definitely starting in the 22 cause it’s a big risk. But yeah all the best for the year :)

When they say its dangerous for those with heart conditions, i suspect that means that those who are at risk of palpitations or arrest, due to high blood pressure or heart rate while you have the virus have greater risk.
If Dylan is now OK to play AFL footy, his fitness would place him well out of the level of these people i think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this weekend still going ahead? I got the impression from all the media that Rd 1 has been postponed. What's happening?

Here in France, we're not even allowed to leave our houses after midday today. Probably pretty wise. Luckily we're the best equipped generation for this situation. If the internet went down that would be a differernt story!

Is this weekend still going ahead? I got the impression from all the media that Rd 1 has been postponed. What's happening?

Here in France, we're not even allowed to leave our houses after midday today. Probably pretty wise. Luckily we're the best equipped generation for this situation. If the internet went down that would be a differernt story!
Still on at the moment. I’m saying very doubtful though love it to be on as it’s friggin boring without sport and hardly going out

We have broadband that makes dial up look like lightening. People will go mad in their houses.

Still on at the moment. I’m saying very doubtful though love it to be on as it’s friggin boring without sport and hardly going out

Also doubtful, but selfishly I would love it to go ahead.
It would certainly be a major mood enhancer for the country and heaven knows we need all the positives we can get.

If internet goes down can always play ‘hide the dunny roll’ keeps families entertained for hours.... or minutes, depending how desperate one gets.

Wonder if no crowd will equal more focus. It'd be interesting if the result was actually a far cleaner game.
No influence from the crowd for umpiring decisions and also less pressure on players not only in front of goal but in general play.

I think if we can get through this year it may be the most purest football we've ever seen.

I also think there will be plenty of upsets. Bodes well for clubs like ours.

No influence from the crowd for umpiring decisions and also less pressure on players not only in front of goal but in general play.

I think if we can get through this year it may be the most purest football we've ever seen.

I also think there will be plenty of upsets. Bodes well for clubs like ours.

I was having the same discussion with my wife last night - going to be really interesting to see footy without the "voice of affirmation", and for the umpires to be umpiring purely with their eyes, rather than their ears.

I also think that our selection of multi-purpose B-graders might be very useful if the league does try to condense the schedule a bit. Imagine being able to bring in a Hind & Parker, if you're hitting an older team that played a brutal game against a big gun 4 days ago, to run their defenders ragged.

Still think with our age profile, and the fact we had to get games into so many players last year, we're in position to cause some chaos ... GO SAINTS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back