Preview Round 1, 2020: North Melbourne v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 22nd March, 1:10PM AEDT *HILL 150TH, KING DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Kangaroos

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 60 92.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, GWS have all the quality depth to play an extra midweek match here or there. All those top picks will pay dividends this year

Well, I suppose the big boys at the AFL had to gift one of these new expansion teams a premiership at some stage to justify their relevance. Gold Coast will be thereabouts in the next few years too.
It's in the making...not the trying.
It's just like watching the new guy at work take everyone else's glory and receive promotion after promotion because the boss is boning the the new guys wife.

Last edited:
So tell me, who is and is not in the team from round 22 last year?
Assuming you mean Round 23 and that Ross and Dunstan are in, then ....

OUT: Savage, Carlisle, Brown, Rowe, Hind, Bruce, Acres, Steven, Newnes, Sinclair?

IN: Hill, Ryder, Howard, King, Butler, Jones, Roberton, Geary, Gresham, Kent?

PS - Coffield or Paton could also be in and Battle out

Last edited:

Assuming you mean Round 23 and that Ross and Dunstan are in, then ....

OUT: Savage, Carlisle, Brown, Rowe, Hind, Bruce, Acres, Steven, Newnes, Sinclair?

IN: Hill, Ryder, Howard, King, Butler, Jones, Robertson, Geary, Gresham, Kent?

PS - Coffield or Paton could also be in and Battle out
Yeah, that's what I meant. Thanks

See I look at that and my first thought is utter relief that Josh Battle is being given first crack at CHB. Thank bloody god.
He's not definitely in the team yet my friend. Is it possible Howard, Wilkie or Robbo could be selected there?

I think Battle should be in too BTW but then I'd probably have Paton before Coffield, Kent, Sinclair and Marsh.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't worry about King's debut in front of an empty crowd.

In 20 years time, you'll be telling people you watched him slot 11 goals from your front row seat, including one, after the siren, for the win.
In 50 years time, you'll be saying you helped him line up that shot with your best impression of Patrick Swayze in Ghost.

Definitely. Can see why we are prioritising foot speed and skill after watching tonights game. The speed at which Richmond can move the ball is insane.
Thought Hind might get a go

I mean I like Carlilse and hope he's not out for any serious reason, but if it is just a niggle and it means Battle gets to play at center half back I'm having trouble being to being to concerned about his absence.

He's not definitely in the team yet my friend. Is it possible Howard, Wilkie or Robbo could be selected there?

I think Battle should be in too BTW but then I'd probably have Paton before Coffield, Kent, Sinclair and Marsh.
Given the selections and line ups in the Marsh games - it looks like Robbo starts as CHB with a back up tallish utility selected on the bench. I keep pushing for Marsh but actually think it will be Dunstan Ross Kent and Battle on the bench.

Looks like North are definitely going with Brown and Larkey as tall forwards, Goldstein in the ruck with an outside chance Xerri will play as well. Makes us either too short or them too tall.

Roof open possibility of showers

Ok so Carlisle is out atm. Battle likely to play now.

In a world of doom and gloom isn't it awesome to have quality depth!

Congrats to the club for their recruiting over the last couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back