Preview Round 1, 2018: St.Kilda v Brisbane - Etihad Stadium, Saturday 24th March, 3:35PM AEDT

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 163 83.2%
  • Lions

Votes: 33 16.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cant believe 17% of saints supporters think Brisbane win. we haven't looked great but surely on a saints site it would be closer to 95% for this game and I can be negative or I would call it realistic.
That's probably a combination of Lions supporters coming over and having a laugh, and very few Saints supporters who took way too much out of 2 JLT games.

I think for anyone being serious it would be 95% or higher like you said.

Jesus the toxicity on this board from people like you makes it so hard to post here. Can't just disagree with someone without rolling your eyes and calling me 'his mother'.

It was a great moment mate. But I didn't see Clark play a 'game' of football in the JLT's. He just had a bunch of good moments. Low disposal numbers and not laying a tackle in JLT one isn't going to help him. Fully expect Lonie to still be above him, at least at the start of the season.
lol, lighten up man

If we are behind Brisbane on the scoreboard at any point during the game the melts will be stupendous. If we are winning by not very much the melts will proceed unabated. If we are winning by a lot but goals to points ratio is not great there will be melts. Despite whatever the result is, if they play there will be melts about Longer, Gilbert, Acres, Weller, Dunstan, Stevens and Brown. In fact, I think we should all just accept that melts will occur, and there will be glorious melting about melts. Plugger will then attempt to shirtfront every single melt. Maybe we could just find the beauty in them?
We played bruise free footy during AFLX and JLT. The only melts will be the supporters crying we didn't put the same effort into nothing games as we did round 1.

Saints by 36+

Cant believe 17% of saints supporters think Brisbane win. we haven't looked great but surely on a saints site it would be closer to 95% for this game and I can be negative or I would call it realistic.

I reckon we start favorite but far from over the line .
Last years R3 clash i nearly shat myself when brisbane took the lead briefly middle of 3rd quarter . Arm wrestle the entire game.
Roo played a ripper and Joey had 30 disposals ....gonna miss them .

I reckon we start favorite but far from over the line .
Last years R3 clash i nearly shat myself when brisbane took the lead briefly middle of 3rd quarter . Arm wrestle the entire game.
Roo played a ripper and Joey had 30 disposals ....gonna miss them .

No idea of the odds but I reckon in the HS the only person who will pick Brisbane is kiss of death or lions supporters. Doesn't mean I think it will be a walkover. saints but less than 3 goals is my guess but we apparently played bruise free footy in the praccy games and we can just turn it on. Apparently we know the opposition didn't play that way.

No because that would be a lie and bloody disrespectful to a Saints player.
My god Plugger if you’re going to be active on an Internet forum you really need to get your fragile emotions in check and realise when someone is saying something with tongue in cheek. Do u actually think I CBF researching how many of Lonies tackles are ineffective? I’m not a mathematician like you!! It’s not disrespectful to bring a players shortfalls to light!!! He is a poor tackler, he might tackle a lot, but they RARELY stick.

My god Plugger if you’re going to be active on an Internet forum you really need to get your fragile emotions in check and realise when someone is saying something with tongue in cheek. Do u actually think I CBF researching how many of Lonies tackles are ineffective? I’m not a mathematician like you!! It’s not disrespectful to bring a players shortfalls to light!!! He is a poor tackler, he might tackle a lot, but they RARELY stick.

Then how about just saying that instead of crapping on a current player. I don’t see the point in completely knocking s guy but I should get used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then how about just saying that instead of crapping on a current player. I don’t see the point in completely knocking s guy but I should get used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fair enough. the reason my comment was said in that way was because of the wording of the comment it was regarding. If u look at the context it’ll make a bit more sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking fwd to rnd 1..

Hopefully clark and coff play, wouldn't be to upset if either of them miss tbh..

Would like to see how both of them go playing full time mid for Sandy rather than flanks in the 1's

I go for the Swans but live in Brisbane so keep an eye on there games a lot. Really hope you guys blood both Coffield and Clark in the game. Think it'd be a good game to do so against the Lions (improving but still not great). Coffield looks really good. Are you guys surprised Mav Weller is still even on your list ? I know, I am. Think you guys by about 5 goals. Keep Zorko honest and you should be right. By the way, Blake Acres could be anything for you guys. Reminds me of Pendlebury so much. Seems to slow down around him.

I go for the Swans but live in Brisbane so keep an eye on there games a lot. Really hope you guys blood both Coffield and Clark in the game. Think it'd be a good game to do so against the Lions (improving but still not great). Coffield looks really good. Are you guys surprised Mav Weller is still even on your list ? I know, I am. Think you guys by about 5 goals. Keep Zorko honest and you should be right. By the way, Blake Acres could be anything for you guys. Reminds me of Pendlebury so much. Seems to slow down around him.
Not surprised at all that Weller is on our list. Every club needs depth and he is far from our worst. Also battled with an ankle injury all of last year, if he can get back to his 2016 form he’ll be handy, although I think it might be a goood sign if a few kids can manage to go past him this year.

Some so called supporters are so dis respectful towards players in the team they purport to support.

I would prefer others to Gilbo as well but to insult him in such a way when he has given everything for this club says a lot about some supporters character.

Gilbo may well be cooked but this rubbishing of him from supporters is pretty piss poor, but not unsurprising unfortunately.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
The way Gilbert is treated here sometimes but constantly on Facebook is actually disgusting. Anyone who talks like that about a player can't really be a 'supporter' of the club. He's given absolutely everything and week in week out he's asked to do a different job or play in an unfamiliar role and he does exactly what's expected of him by the coaches and playing group. Not good enough for some so called football experts on social media though. He's given so much to the club and has just been constantly bagged for years, feel sorry for him.

St.kilda win this easily. You'll surprise a few people this year.

Not least a lot of people on this board :D
You've got the nucleus now, It's a matter of belief. You're well coached too.

You'll win this by 40+.

You've got the nucleus now, It's a matter of belief. You're well coached too.

You'll win this by 40+.

Always interested to hear from a neutral observer. A lot of debate on here about this too.

Always interested to hear from a neutral observer. A lot of debate on here about this too.
You've extended his contract until the end of 2020 which shows you have genuine confidence in the direction you're headed as a club. Still a young list in transition mode who showed some great signs last year. I was lucky enough to sit in at Geelong's inner sanctum before a game against your mob 2 years ago (a game in which you won) and I know our coaching staff rate you as a side and Richo as a coach.

I think this is the year you make significant improvement on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back