Preview Round 10 v St Kilda @ RSEA Park (Moorabbin)

Remove this Banner Ad

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Round 10
St Kilda v Adelaide
Sunday 13 March
RSEA Park (Moorabbin)
12:40pm Adelaide time, 1:10pm Melbourne time

Adelaide were far from convincing in escaping with a 2 point win over Collingwood, while St Kilda were even less convincing in their win over Geelong.

By the time this game starts, Adelaide will know what it needs to do to claim the minor premiership, and St Kilda will know if it has avoided the wooden spoon. I don't think this will be the game of the season, but both sides could have a bit to play for.

Zoe Prowse debuting

Dowrick as well, apparently! That means that every player on our active list besides Dayna Cox has played a match this year.

As exciting as it is to see new players, I hope we're not just playing them for the sake of playing them. We need a big win against St Kilda to secure top spot and keep the hope of another home grand final alive. I know they can't afford to get ahead of themselves but they do need to pick their best side. You'd think there would be potentially several players back in this week with Munyard, Jones and Randall all out last week and Gore dominating the SANFLW. Najwa Allan is the only confirmed out at this stage.

Last edited:
Dowrick as well, apparently! That means that every player on our active list besides Dayna Cox has played a match this year.

As exciting as it is to see new players, I hope we're not just playing them for the sake of playing them. We need a big win against St Kilda to secure top spot and keep the hope of another home grand final alive. I know they can't afford to get ahead of themselves but they do need to pick their best side. You'd think there would be potentially several players back in this week with Munyard, Jones and Randall all out last week and Gore dominating the SANFLW. Najwa Allan is the only confirmed out at this stage.
Maybe the outs are Covid related...

In: N.Gore, E.Jones, M.Dowrick, C.Randall, Z.Prowse, J.Hewett

Out: L.Whiteley (Omitted), M.McKinnon (Omitted), A.Ballard (Omitted), B.Tonon (Omitted), M.Newman (Omitted), N.Allen (Suspension)

Yeah it’s great that Chelsea and Jones are back, Gore is an overdue recall and Dowrick and Prowse are ok selections as well off the back of SANFLW performances, but yeah rant time a couple of real bonehead decisions, McKinnon out for Hewett is a disgraceful move, Hewett is just flat out garbage at AFLW level, also broken record but Considine staying in is another putrid decision she is just flat out awful and I swear the conspiracy theorist in me is now thinking she must be getting games based on some weird Visa requirements due to the club supporting her claim, it’s become a joke she’s still getting games. Button another one ridiculously lucky as well as has become the biggest liability on the rare occasions she actually gets ball in hand.

Newman paying the cost for one bad decision that was caused by a senior player in Hatchard demanding the ball from her in defence while Button’s and Considine’s multiple errors are seeming overlooked and don’t get me started on poor young Brooke Tonon who played bloody well last week under pressure and gets dropped again, the way the club has handled junior players on the list has been worrying for multiple years.

Last edited:
Those are some odd changes.

McKinnon omitted? For Hewett? Baffling. I don't understand. That simply cannot be on form, Monty has been one of our best players this year!

I originally said Whiteley would be out once Randall returned but I thought she had earned her spot in the interim. I guess she's out for Dowrick?

Tonon and Ballard could think of themselves as stiff but neither has put their position beyond doubt. I guess the club wants to have a look at Prowse and Dowrick at AFLW level. Newman on the other hand has done all that could have been asked of her. Don't like her going out at all.

Only a win required to secure top spot and home field advantage for the whole finals series

Almost. If we keep Saints to 35 points or less then any win will do. If they get beyond 35 then we will need to win by a sufficient margin to hold onto top spot. The equation is our winning margin needs to be roughly 2*(Saints' score - 35).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back