Preview Round 11, 2021: St.Kilda v North Melbourne - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 29th May, 4:35PM AEST *ROSS 150TH* *CLAVARINO DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 31 58.5%
  • Kangaroos

Votes: 22 41.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
November 2019 Time Trial results:

TOP 10

Ed Phillips
Doulton Langlands
Josh Battle
Seb Ross
Jack Sinclair
Jack Lonie
Jimmy Webster
Jack Bytel
Dan Butler
Nick Hind

I suspect Bytel's tank is fine.

This result is still no excuse for Battle on a wing either.

Yeah, he is in elite company there 👀

Repeat sprints is where it is at, not a run at lactate threshold.

Painted himself into a corner somewhat.
I mean, where to from here if we actually drop this one?
Bottom four next year according to some people. But they’re not trolls. Oh no.

Bottom four next year according to some people. But they’re not trolls. Oh no.

I’ve decided we’re going to follow the lead of the Dees.
Prelim 2018
Bombed out 2019
Missed finals 2020
Flag 2020 with Petracca finally hitting his straps.

We’re at
*finals 2020
*Bombing out 2021
Top 8 2022
Flag 2023 with Clark, Coff and King, Bytel and Byrnes driving it.

Well a person can dream……

Last edited:
I’ve decided we’re going to follow the lead of the Dees.
Prelim 2018
Bombed out 2019
Missed finals 2020
Flag 2020 with Petracca finally hitting his straps.

We’re at finals 2020
Bombing out 2021
Top 8 2022
Flag 2023 with Clark, Coff and King, Bytel and Byrnes driving it.

Well a person can dream……
Now you’re sounding like me in the Fixture thread. ;)

I think the dumb comment from Ratts today was around the review. Said it was "the best review I've seen in my time at St Kilda. We reviewed everything, the game, the program etc."

I think there comes a time where you just need to shut up and let the side go out and win. There has been a big response this week, the letter from the pres, Lethlean doing a press conference, you don't need to come out and talk about the review. Maybe it was honest, which is great, but did it work??? We won't know until we get results. So why tell the press?

I feel for Ratts in that he needs to sell the fans hope, but there's only one thing that will help now and that's results.
Wouldn't be easy having to front the media as a coach of a finals expected side getting pantsed every 2 or 3 games..

The team we have selected is fine. We have next to nothing waiting in the reserves.

I still cannot fathom how Ratten came out and made a statement about selection a week prior to a game. Things change in a week, and there is a reason coaches don't get sucked into selection predictions. I get that last week was clearly an emotional loss, but it is Ratten's eighth season as a full-time senior coach and he knows better than to get caught up in that s**t. He has to be better than coming out swinging in a post match presser with tough talk about wielding the axe.

Lonie worse then Butler? Funny because i see one of those two trying defensively and offensively every game.
Who, Butler?

Because in the last two weeks Butler has been no.1 and no.3 for us for pressure points, and has laid a total of 10 tackles, while over those two games Lonie has laid just 5 tackles, and had less than half the number of pressure points Butler has (133 to 59).

So defensively it’s Butler and it’s not even remotely close.

While offensively Butler is going at a goal a game for the season and Lonie at half a goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back