Preview Round 15 2019: Hawthorn v West Coast, 1:45pm AEST @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one back this week. The Tank is On!!!!

You would have to think there will still be 2 or 3 omissions though given so many players were below average. Last weeks side was way too tall.

I want to see Jones debut. Now is the time to unleash him. Cousins should’ve played last week instead of Morrison.

IN: Cousins, Jones

OUT: Morrison (omitted), Brand (omitted)

B: Hardwick, Frawley, Impey

HB: Burgoyne, O’Brien, Sicily

C: Henderson, Shiels, Smith

HF: Moore, Gunston, Scully

F: Breust, Roughead, Puopolo

R: McEvoy, O’Meara, Worpel

INT: Jones, Ceglar, Cousins, Glass

No one back this week. The Tank is On!!!!
Or they are going to pull a McEvoy with someone, he was listed as a week away two days before being named against Essendon.

Interesting that Mitchell is listed as Season again.

I would bring in Jones for Morrison and let Cousins get more confidence in the two’s. Harry Morrison’s drop in form this year is quite dramatic, second year blues perhaps?? Don’t know why but he reminds me of Michael Collica. Recruited from WA (mature aage around 20/21) and looked like a future 200 game players in his first Season. Had around two or three good seasons and then dropped right off and was traded to the Eagles where he didnt do too much there either.

Hopefully Harry picks up next year

Or they are going to pull a McEvoy with someone, he was listed as a week away two days before being named against Essendon.

Interesting that Mitchell is listed as Season again.

No point putting him back in the side considering the season is curtains as far as Finals is concerned, better off just letting him take his time and focus on day 1 of pre season.

I would bring in Jones for Morrison and let Cousins get more confidence in the two’s. Harry Morrison’s drop in form this year is quite dramatic, second year blues perhaps?? Don’t know why but he reminds me of Michael Collica. Recruited from WA (mature aage around 20/21) and looked like a future 200 game players in his first Season. Had around two or three good seasons and then dropped right off and was traded to the Eagles where he didnt do too much there either.

Hopefully Harry picks up next year

Morrison had really good form back at Box Hill mate. He deserved to be recalled. Cousins was really poor for three weeks running.

I don't think we can just give Morrison a week. He should be given at a minimum this game also. You just completely destroy any confidence he gained in the magoos dropping him after one poor week.

Cousins needs to back it up, and Jones is the flavour of the month on here, but he hasn't dominated VFL yet.

Ross needs to play. Banged the farking door down. Anyone screaming too small, so many examples, but Conor bloody Rozzee is a matchstick for those with short memories.

No point putting him back in the side considering the season is curtains as far as Finals is concerned, better off just letting him take his time and focus on day 1 of pre season.
They've gone back and forth between the two before, might not mean much
I agree no point risking him though

Does the Minch get a run for Poppy?
Bringing him in off one game after another hammy might be a bit quick

Brand - Cj/Miles
Poppy - Hanrahan
Ceglar - Lewis
Glass - Howe.
Glass should stay, his last two weeks have been good, bit of continuity is doing him good and letting the coaches get a proper look at him as well.
Wouldn't be surprised if they are doing the same with Brand.

CJ is out with a fractured jaw.
Ollie just played a really good game, could be a chance for a look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glass should stay, his last two weeks have been good, bit of continuity is doing him good and letting the coaches get a proper look at him as well.
Wouldn't be surprised if they are doing the same with Brand.

CJ is out with a fractured jaw.
Ollie just played a really good game, could be a chance for a look

Glass has been okay i see slight improvement not sure he has a fixed position, i really think we would beneift more with howe in the middle we need a big body in there.
Spewing about cj.
Brand spot on we need to decide if he is going to be a option moving fwd! Chip is not getting younger, It also allows us to have a look at Sicily fwd.
Brand has a really poor 5mins each quarter that takes all his good work away.

Ollie has been on the list for 3yrs he must get a game.

Glass has been okay i see slight improvement not sure he has a fixed position, i really think we would beneift more with howe in the middle we need a big body in there.
Spewing about cj.
Brand spot on we need to decide if he is going to be a option moving fwd! Chip is not getting younger, It also allows us to have a look at Sicily fwd.
Brand has a really poor 5mins each quarter that takes all his good work away.

Ollie has been on the list for 3yrs he must get a game.

Glass improved last week but I’m still miles off genuinely thinking he can be a quality player, but he does deserve another week.

Jones surely replaces Harry who looks no where near it, wouldn’t mind Burton to come in for KB to.

Glass improved last week but I’m still miles off genuinely thinking he can be a quality player, but he does deserve another week.

Jones surely replaces Harry who looks no where near it, wouldn’t mind Burton to come in for KB to.

Might look at this in future years like we did josh kennedy. Scrimshaw and Burton would have lit up half back for many of years!

Revisit this in 12months chad should deliver next season.

KB should be the only ommission, to bring in more run. Maybe Jones or Howe.

Hanrahan doesn't deserve a game after just one good game in the VFL. I agree it was probably his best game for Box Hill, but the weather and ground conditions were absolutely perfect for a short player with speed. He made the most of it, but doubt he will be consistently playing at that level, with the threat of the weather and ground conditions changing. Glad to be wrong here.

My gut instinct tells me Rough will be dumped again, for.....wait for it.....NASH!
I'm not generally a fan of NASH and was always hoping he gets dropped when he was playing. However, he is ticking off all the kpi's (in the VFL) put to him by the coaches - running hard, creating an option, contesting everything that comes his way, tackling, hitting the scoreboard, and taking marks. Our current forward set-up is a shambles requiring major changes, so I reckon he'll be the one called up. Personally, I'd like Mitch Lewis in the team for the rest of the year.

Anyway, we might be looking at:
Out: Brand, Rough
In: Howe/Jones, Nash.

KB should be the only ommission, to bring in more run. Maybe Jones or Howe.

Hanrahan doesn't deserve a game after just one good game in the VFL. I agree it was probably his best game for Box Hill, but the weather and ground conditions were absolutely perfect for a short player with speed. He made the most of it, but doubt he will be consistently playing at that level, with the threat of the weather and ground conditions changing. Glad to be wrong here.

My gut instinct tells me Rough will be dumped again, for.....wait for it.....NASH!
I'm not generally a fan of NASH and was always hoping he gets dropped when he was playing. However, he is ticking off all the kpi's (in the VFL) put to him by the coaches - running hard, creating an option, contesting everything that comes his way, tackling, hitting the scoreboard, and taking marks. Our current forward set-up is a shambles requiring major changes, so I reckon he'll be the one called up. Personally, I'd like Mitch Lewis in the team for the rest of the year.

Anyway, we might be looking at:
Out: Brand, Rough
In: Howe/Jones, Nash.

I'm with you on Nash coming back in, but I don't reckon it'll be for Rough.

Out: Brand
In: Nash

Can't see too many other changes happening, even though we lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back