Preview Round 15, 2022: Sydney v St.Kilda - SCG, Saturday 25th June, 7:25PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Swans

Votes: 34 57.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 25 42.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep I’ve heard Sharman will stop 3 on ones with king. He will play as a defensive forward on their best back. He will lead more than other forwards. It’s Spenser white reincarnated. I really hope he plays well and with Ryder out he had to play but I think we will find he is just a really naughty boy.
Cooper has already done more than Spencer White ever did. You'll be embarrassed by that comment one day. The three on ones with King will continue while the braindead mids keep kicking it to Max deep deep in a pocket and the opposition know this. Happened numerous times against North, one time Sharman could have marked and was called off it by an out numbered and worse positioned King. Even Winx lost when ridden poorly.

Stats suggest he had minimal impact in stopping Stewart. Seems the media thought similar.
And what media is that ?

Great write this one,

WAS COOPER SHARMAN PLAYING ON TOM STEWART EFFECTIVE?

One could look at the stats and make your mind up that way.

Of course, people who do that are mostly idiots.
You can use numbers and percentages to prove anything you like – 67% of people know that. However, despite the fact that Tom Stewart racked up a heap of the footy, notching 27 touches, his intercept work was down considerably.

Now, there’ll be some who attempt to convince you that it was because Stewart played so much time on the wing. Usually, I would give them that, but just because he started on the wing, does not mean he stayed there. If you watch back, Stewart barely ventured past the centre, folding back inside defensive fifty almost immediately after the centre bounces.

He did manage to get his hand – singular – on the footy quite a bit, but the defensive attention inside fifty from Sharman limited his ability to control the contest the way he has become accustomed to. He just wouldn’t let him take the intercept grabs he usually does.

Need further proof?

I’ve got ya.

Stewart eats up distance when he plays in defence. He has notched a game this season where he has run and kicked the footy over 900 metres in a game. His season average is 21.13 metres gained per possession. Take it from me – anything over 20 is excellent, considering the number of handballs and sideways kicks we see in the game.

Today, that number was down to 11.48 metres per possession.

So, what does that mean?

It means he was under pressure and forced to kick backwards and sideways way more than he usually would. We can sit here and look at the basic stats of 27 touches, 93% efficiency, and so on, but he did not hurt the Saints with his touches, and damn it, put some respect on Sharman’s name for his role in making that happen.

The 21-year-old finished with just nine touches and a goal, but his efforts in this one were something that simply does not translate into stats. 67% of people know that, remember?

LOL Keep trying

Cooper has already done more than Spencer White ever did. You'll be embarrassed by that comment one day. The three on ones with King will continue while the braindead mids keep kicking it to Max deep deep in a pocket and the opposition know this. Happened numerous times against North, one time Sharman could have marked and was called off it by an out numbered and worse positioned King. Even Winx lost when ridden poorly.
I keep saying it but it isn’t 3 on ones when the midfield have the ball. It is once it’s kicked. No idea why Sharman is stopping what membery and Marshall couldn’t. Let’s face it anyone not rating Sharman as some sort of messiah can’t win unless they are pathetic supporters. If he makes it and I hope he does those people not rating him are wrong. If he doesn’t you would be a disgraceful supporter telling everyone you were right about a saints player not being good enough. I want to be wrong.

And what media is that ?

Great write this one,

You can use numbers and percentages to prove anything you like – 67% of people know that. However, despite the fact that Tom Stewart racked up a heap of the footy, notching 27 touches, his intercept work was down considerably.

Now, there’ll be some who attempt to convince you that it was because Stewart played so much time on the wing. Usually, I would give them that, but just because he started on the wing, does not mean he stayed there. If you watch back, Stewart barely ventured past the centre, folding back inside defensive fifty almost immediately after the centre bounces.

He did manage to get his hand – singular – on the footy quite a bit, but the defensive attention inside fifty from Sharman limited his ability to control the contest the way he has become accustomed to. He just wouldn’t let him take the intercept grabs he usually does.

Need further proof?

I’ve got ya.

Stewart eats up distance when he plays in defence. He has notched a game this season where he has run and kicked the footy over 900 metres in a game. His season average is 21.13 metres gained per possession. Take it from me – anything over 20 is excellent, considering the number of handballs and sideways kicks we see in the game.

So, what does that mean?

It means he was under pressure and forced to kick backwards and sideways way more than he usually would. We can sit here and look at the basic stats of 27 touches, 93% efficiency, and so on, but he did not hurt the Saints with his touches, and damn it, put some respect on Sharman’s name for his role in making that happen.

The 21-year-old finished with just nine touches and a goal, but his efforts in this one were something that simply does not translate into stats. 67% of people know that, remember?

LOL Keep trying
homerun-baseball.gif

And what media is that ?

Great write this one,

Need further proof?

I’ve got ya.

So, what does that mean?

LOL Keep trying
Haha. Working hard. Didn’t he get coaches votes? Lol whatever that means. Strangely had more possessions and marks than his average this season. That is fact. I could find something that says 9/11 wasn’t real. What I will give you credit for though is you finally answered me talking footy. That gives me hope that miracles can occur.

Last edited:
And what media is that ?

Great write this one,

Need further proof?

I’ve got ya.

So, what does that mean?

LOL Keep trying

Jerry Seinfeld Lol GIF

Haha. Working hard. Didn’t he get coaches votes? Lol whatever that means. Strangely had more possessions and marks than his average this season. That is fact. I could find something that says 9/11 wasn’t real. What I will give you credit for though is you finally answered me talking footy. That gives me hope that miracles can occur.
LOL No he didn't

AFL Coaches' Association Champion Player of the Year | Round 9 votes​

10 - Paddy Ryder
5 - Zach Tuohy
5 - Brad Crouch
4 - Jade Gresham
3 - Jack Sinclair
2 - Zak Jones
1 - Isaac Smith

LOL keep trying

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I keep saying it but it isn’t 3 on ones when the midfield have the ball. It is once it’s kicked. No idea why Sharman is stopping what membery and Marshall couldn’t. Let’s face it anyone not rating Sharman as some sort of messiah can’t win unless they are pathetic supporters. If he makes it and I hope he does those people not rating him are wrong. If he doesn’t you would be a disgraceful supporter telling everyone you were right about a saints player not being good enough. I want to be wrong.
Joey showed some good footage of this on First Crack after the Brisbane game. Looked like King had a one-on-one so we kicked it in from about 60-65m. But the kicks were too long and high that it was giving enough time for another Brisbane defender to leave their match-up while the ball is in the air to help the defender on King.

Joey showed some good footage of this on First Crack after the Brisbane game. Looked like King had a one-on-one so we kicked it in from about 60-65m. But the kicks were too long and high that it was giving enough time for another Brisbane defender to leave their match-up while the ball is in the air to help the defender on King.
Exactly.

LOL No he didn't

10 - Paddy Ryder
5 - Zach Tuohy
5 - Brad Crouch
4 - Jade Gresham
3 - Jack Sinclair
2 - Zak Jones
1 - Isaac Smith

LOL keep trying
kenny-powers.gif

LOL No he didn't

10 - Paddy Ryder
5 - Zach Tuohy
5 - Brad Crouch
4 - Jade Gresham
3 - Jack Sinclair
2 - Zak Jones
1 - Isaac Smith

LOL keep trying
It was a question? Lol. The website had him second best for Geelong. Yes the same website you used to say no one had billings in the best few for the saints. I know let’s use it when it suits us. Lol. Keep trying. How are your usual suspects going. It’s a little embarrassing you can’t work a discussion on your own.

Stop picking on me. It’s hurting my feelings. Let’s wait until tomorrow and hopefully you 3 boys are telling me I have no idea. Until then none of us are right or wrong but I do know our coach dropped Sharman for 2 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back