Preview Round 15, 2022: Sydney v St.Kilda - SCG, Saturday 25th June, 7:25PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Swans

Votes: 34 57.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 25 42.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure he was reasonable on Tom Stewart earlier in they year making sure the ball was brought to ground.
Yeah and then he was less than reasonable for the next two games. And the he was in the VFL. Higgins has probably already told him one goal a game won't cut it if you ain't got other tricks or can't defend .

With Steele back in the midfield we could play Gresham more as a small forward although we still need his drive and speed around the ball.

Just a pity we don't have two of him, if we got De Goey who is a similar type to Gresham we could rotate one on ball and the other up forward.

I know he has his off field issues but if the Pies want to get rid of him and are offering him up at a discount then we would be crazy not to look at it.

Poor guy, has had terribly frustrating year, flying, concussed, misses comes back, looks great Concussed then Covid. Probably needed to get some run in his legs before coming back. Has looked a fair way off the last 2 weeks.
Absolutely no continuity.

No BL are not that good, no team outside of Melb is that good and no team is unbeatable. We have mucked up chances that could cost us ie Port and Essebdom
That’s what I was saying. We thought the lions game was good considering injuries but maybe we have been out of form since Geelong which ironically was the last time the 2 rucks played well.

And its just as easy to say that Butler and Long have to do more than just provide "defensive" pressure given the lack of score board pressure our forwards provide.

Our defence have been keeping us in the game all year (5th best in the league - 955 points against) yet offensively we are rated as the 10th best (1082 points (and only just above the Hawks on 1081 and GWS 1079) so the problem is not with defending its with scoring.
Our inability to create multiple, successive inside 50's, due to our lack of forward half defensive pressure, is the reason we are middle of the road offensively. This is a combination for our forward 6 not chasing and our midfield not closing down the space. So in a way, it is defence that is our problem.

From Sydney Swans website:

"We have made two team changes ahead of our match against St Kilda on Saturday in the Pride Game at the SCG.

Dylan Stephens and Robbie Fox come into the team to replace Justin McInerney and Harry Cunningham, who will miss the game due to the AFL Health and Safety Protocols.

Lewis Taylor and Will Gould have been named as emergencies."

Does amaze me all this talk about Sharman drawing two defenders away from King and allowing him to have a day out.

If that's the case then Sharman must be a shaman because to do that he'll need to he's weave a spell over our mids and turn then into guns who bust out of packs, look up, see a leading forward then hit them lace out with a stab pass.
At least Sharman leads and creates space for the high floating balls. He's hardly a focal point in himself, but he forces our midfielders to put their crappy kicks into a favourable area rather than kicking wildly to a stationary pole.
It's more than Kings' been doing the last couple of games. He's been lazy since the bye...as has the team in general. If they all lift 5-10% we'll be thereabouts again.

Ill raise it here but Im wondering if Ratten has ever considered using Jones in a tagging role? To me he gets a bit lost at times in the midfield.

He has a history of playing across the HBF with the Swans and he plays with a bit of niggle. For me he would be the perfect option to work into a tagging role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does amaze me all this talk about Sharman drawing two defenders away from King and allowing him to have a day out.

If that's the case then Sharman must be a shaman because to do that he'll need to he's weave a spell over our mids and turn then into guns who bust out of packs, look up, see a leading forward then hit them lace out with a stab pass.
Where has someone said he will take TWO defenders away?

IImn

Ok one goal a game and not much else in 2022. That's why he's played mostly at Sandy. Locking it into out F50 is a big issue and as rightly pointed out even King has had an issue with his defensive game. "Finding space" is fantastic if you have a full compliment of tricks in your bag otherwise it's pointless if the opposition are happy for you to have your one trick but smash you the other way.
Played roles this year.

He's got an insane read on it but I do quite like the strategy of debate there. Throw out any old s**t and then lay the burden of proof on somebody else, gave me a good laugh LOL

Another myth created on social media. Stewart was nearly their best and may have got coaches votes. Took 9 marks and had 27 possessions
Spot on. Somehow this mythical stopping job he did on Stewart was invented but in reality he had no impact in that game or the others he played. No issue with his selection but he really needs more output than what he has shown so far.

More concerned about the immediate return of young Windhager. He could not get anywhere near it for weeks and reckon he needed 2 or 3 more games in the VFL to really get his confidence back. Perhaps had Hill and McKenzie been available he could have been give a but more time to develop in the 2s.

Spot on. Somehow this mythical stopping job he did on Stewart was invented but in reality he had no impact in that game or the others he played. No issue with his selection but he really needs more output than what he has shown so far.

More concerned about the immediate return of young Windhager. He could not get anywhere near it for weeks and reckon he needed 2 or 3 more games in the VFL to really get his confidence back. Perhaps had Hill and McKenzie been available he could have been give a but more time to develop in the 2s.
Maybe re watch the game

From Sydney Swans website:

"We have made two team changes ahead of our match against St Kilda on Saturday in the Pride Game at the SCG.

Dylan Stephens and Robbie Fox come into the team to replace Justin McInerney and Harry Cunningham, who will miss the game due to the AFL Health and Safety Protocols.

Lewis Taylor and Will Gould have been named as emergencies."
Two players miss with Covid. Both duds.
#thatssostkilda

At least Sharman leads and creates space for the high floating balls. He's hardly a focal point in himself, but he forces our midfielders to put their crappy kicks into a favourable area rather than kicking wildly to a stationary pole.
It's more than Kings' been doing the last couple of games. He's been lazy since the bye...as has the team in general. If they all lift 5-10% we'll be thereabouts again.
Small sample size but the least marks on the lead Out of all our tall forwards as well as Higgins this year.

Yep I’ve heard Sharman will stop 3 on ones with king. He will play as a defensive forward on their best back. He will lead more than other forwards. It’s Spenser white reincarnated. I really hope he plays well and with Ryder out he had to play but I think we will find he is just a really naughty boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back