Autopsy Round 15: Brisbane 42-34 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Defensive coaching we are exceptional.

We outplayed a premiership fancy on their own dung heap.

Stupid errors in Q2 cost us a win.

Put DeGoey up forward for a bit of a spark and we can challenge any team.

This as well, but we so far and yet so close at the same time it's frustrating. Makes we wanna burn the house down, IF all of our star outs come back in and immediately find form then yes you're right.

Where as other teams like the contenders for example don't need that, look at the injuries of wc and rich, much the same as us (certainly wc) but they're contenders and we aren't. Our gaping lack of depth is exposed.

This! Even with intent we can't beat an out of form team down two rotations, just exposes how poor our depth is. Depth that's a funny term and can't be used for this squad coz there is none.

Anyone here think we're still contenders this year? Or will be contenders next year? If so that would be some form reversal wouldn't it, it would also unearth unlikely skill sets for our consistently poorly skilled players, the likes no one has seen before.

Can anyone on here see that sort of form reversal and never seen before development in our fringe players that will have us contending in the same time frame before Pendles retires?

I think we're still contenders this year

I think you're forgetting that we had some a grade talent out last night.You don't think Howe,Degoey,Sidebottom,Treloar,Sier would have made a difference to the final result?Those playeers would have made us a 7 or 8 goal better team last night.They're miles better than some of the players that were running around last night.

Well that explains our lack of depth doesn't it, we're talking about an opposition that went down two rotations before half time that can't kick straight and we STILL lose.

You're right though about our injuries, just like wc, they're already a contender with all their outs and we're not. It's pretty simple, we're just mediocre at best.

Care to explain how?

Not really, no.

I don't think it would matter what I said or how I said it, I don't reckon I'd change your mind.

You wrote this season off months ago.

I don't even know why you are still watching and commenting to be honest.

Whereas I'm super keen for the good bit, which I reckon is nigh upon us

Well that explains our lack of depth doesn't it, we're talking about an opposition that went down two rotations before half time that can't kick straight and we STILL lose.

You're right though about our injuries, just like wc, they're already a contender with all their outs and we're not. It's pretty simple, we're just mediocre at best.
Bear in mind that the Lions only kicked six goals for the night.They always kick badly so you can’t use that as an excuse for them.Of the five goals they kicked in the second quarter four of them came from basic skill errors from our players.Tyler Brown kicking it straight to one of their players,Roughead handballing to their players in front of goals,Phillips handballing to their players in the middle under no pressure,Crisp handballing it straight to one of their
players as well.They basically only kicked two goals on their own merits.We just handed them the game rather than them winning it in their own right.

Not really, no.

I don't think it would matter what I said or how I said it, I don't reckon I'd change your mind.

You wrote this season off months ago.

I don't even know why you are still watching and commenting to be honest.

Whereas I'm super keen for the good bit, which I reckon is nigh upon us

The good bit? Meaning the cup? I'd like to know how you see us complete some never before seen turnaround to achieve that.

Bear in mind that the Lions only kicked six goals for the night.They always kick badly so you can’t use that as an excuse for them.Of the five goals they kicked in the second quarter four of them came from basic skill errors from our players.Tyler Brown kicking it straight to one of their players,Roughead handballing to their players in front of goals,Phillips handballing to their players in the middle under no pressure,Crisp handballing it straight to one of their
players as well.They basically only kicked two goals on their own merits.We just handed them the game rather than them winning it in their own right.

So we agree then, we're mediocre at best.

Many times this year we've held teams to less than 50 points, yet we're still very poor, as you've pointed out here.

So for the end game, we're not really in it are we.

Direct
Which wouldn't be needed if we had depth to cover, y'know like the contenders.
Without a doubt our bottom 3 or 4 in our 22 selected most weeks haven't been up to scratch, that combined with some astonishing team selection have not helped us.
You cannot seriously be comparing the injury list of the WCE ( adding Shuey and removing JK ) with our injured group? I'll be interested how they cope with 2 front line mids out for the remainder of the home and away games, starting with tomorrow night particularly.
The bottom line is that without 4 of our best 6 players we are not good enough to beat the better sides any more than, maybe 2 out of 10.

So we agree then, we're mediocre at best.

Many times this year we've held teams to less than 50 points, yet we're still very poor, as you've pointed out here.

So for the end game, we're not really in it are we.
No,I’m saying a few skill errors cost us the game.I know we were mediocre last night,but with an injection of more talent I think we can be much better.How far can we go?A premiership looks extremely doubtful,but who knows,it’s been a very strange season,and it will continue to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Direct

Without a doubt our bottom 3 or 4 in our 22 selected most weeks haven't been up to scratch, that combined with some astonishing team selection have not helped us.
You cannot seriously be comparing the injury list of the WCE ( adding Shuey and removing JK ) with our injured group? I'll be interested how they cope with 2 front line mids out for the remainder of the home and away games, starting with tomorrow night particularly.
The bottom line is that without 4 of our best 6 players we are not good enough to beat the better sides any more than, maybe 2 out of 10.

Oh I see, so wc without Shuey, Kennedy, Yeo, Waterman doesn't compare with Degoey, Howe, Sides, and Langdon (who hasn't played this year anyway). Got it.

So then you're admitting we don't have the depth and / or game to cover those players and wc do. Looks like we agree.

Our bottom 6 just aren't up to premiership standard, not haven't just aren't.

No,I’m saying a few skill errors cost us the game.I know we were mediocre last night,but with an injection of more talent I think we can be much better.How far can we go?A premiership looks extremely doubtful,but who knows,it’s been a very strange season,and it will continue to be.

So yes we agree, we are short of talent as you've admitted here. A flag looks highly unlikely as you've admitted, y'know the end game.

Do you think Bucks and his panel and the squad think a flag is unlikely? Can guarantee they still think they can win it, Bucks has said so in recent times 'eyes on the prize'

So yeah we agree.

Yes and how does that relate to winning the cup? Which I assume in your mind is the good bit. If that is not the good bit then what is? A finals appearance? Is that the end game for you as a Pie fan?

The good bit may or may not culminate in winning the cup.

There is no end game for me as a Pies fan.

Well death, I guess, but if you can get Kayo in the afterlife then I'll keep watching.

Why were you disappointed?

“We just need a functioning forward line”

Just a small thing 🤣👍

Yeah coz corona hence fixture, we scored good last year. Nothing wrong with our forward line, will be better next week - easy fix. Like our ball movement, blip on the radar - nothing to see here.

We're still contenders didn't you know.

Oh I see, so wc without Shuey, Kennedy, Yeo, Waterman doesn't compare with Degoey, Howe, Sides, and Langdon (who hasn't played this year anyway). Got it.

So then you're admitting we don't have the depth and / or game to cover those players and wc do. Looks like we agree.

Our bottom 6 just aren't up to premiership standard, not haven't just aren't.
I know you’re very down on this team,but there are holes in your argument about West Coast’s injuries.Shuey only got injured this week,while Kennedy only missed a game with concussion.We’ve had star players out for months,not just a week or two.Let’s see how West Coast would cope without Kennedy for the rest of the season before we say they have great depth.

Not too devastated with the effort to be truthful, It's another game lost to a poor defensive quarter where we conceded 5 goals, which goes back to not having a leader like Howe in our back 50 to steady the ship. He is very very important. If we get him back, we'll be right.

If we make finals and get them again, I'm confident we'll beat em.

Really need to recruit ready made forwards. Having capable finishers is the difference in games like these. We probably still should have won this game, but as usual couldn't capitalise on repeat entries.

Wouldn’t matter who you had in the forward line with the F50 delivery we offered up last night.

The good bit may or may not culminate in winning the cup.

There is no end game for me as a Pies fan.

Well death, I guess, but if you can get Kayo in the afterlife then I'll keep watching.

Why were you disappointed?

I guess we see things differently, and so does the club. We and the club want flags >the good bit<.

Everything else is a journey towards it, right now it seems we've got a long long journey to our next good bit. Club seems to think it's this year, I disagree with the club on this one but at least they're in it for the right reason.

I know you’re very down on this team,but there are holes in your argument about West Coast’s injuries.Shuey only got injured this week,while Kennedy only missed a game with concussion.We’ve had star players out for months,not just a week or two.Let’s see how West Coast would cope without Kennedy for the rest of the season before we say they have great depth.

Ok then, how would you compare those two teams at absolute full strength? Be interested to know what your view is on that.

Need New Coaches who know what they are Doing

Coaches don’t make players drop easy marks, continually fumble and over run the footy, handball the footy at the feet of teammates, continually hand the footy over to the opposition, or completely ignore players in great position in favor of someone under pressure.

Yeah coz corona hence fixture, we scored good last year. Nothing wrong with our forward line, will be better next week - easy fix. Like our ball movement, blip on the radar - nothing to see here.

We're still contenders didn't you know.
You're obviously in a foul mood, spoiling for a fight and daring anyone to take an opposite POV to you Carringbush2010. As another poster commented, you wrote off the team as not good enough weeks ago, so why are you trying to drum up an argument now? Just enjoy being proven right (or at least, you think that you ultimately will be).

I didn't notice these belligerent posts from you last Sunday, after the Carlton win. Why was that? Were you afraid of sticking your neck out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back