Preview Round 16, 2022: Carlton v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Friday 1st July, 7:50PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Blues

Votes: 68 81.9%
  • Saints

Votes: 15 18.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Max King was just as bad, but he gets a pass for some reason.
Our ball movement is so slow it give a chance for every play to clog up his leading lanes and get back and get body on him. He is getting triple team and harassed. Move the ball quicker he will be forced to move

Steele was rusty, pardon the pun, and Sharman was the victim of our hideous entries. I wouldn’t drop either.
Billing’s should get a holiday at Sandy but will in all likelihood not.
Jones needs to extract the digit big time. I’d move him out of the middle, not sure to where though.
Ross was our best mid on the weekend and that is our biggest worry. Midfield is cactus atm.
Gresham needs to be in the middle more than forward.
Highmore 33 disposals and 12 intercept marks, that is all.
Howard needs to be moved out of fb and into chb. Joyce deep.
One of Pato or JWeb needs to go out to make way for Highmore. Not my preference but I’d go Pato at this point based on form.
NWM out for Hill.

His attitude was poor but no forward in the comp is doing much with that kind of entry. It was atrocious to watch.
Agree with that mate

And that’s why Sharman should stay in

Also at the game last night Membrey is our hardest worker wish some of our mids worked that hard

Agree with that mate

And that’s why Sharman should stay in

Also at the game last night Membrey is our hardest worker wish some of our mids worked that hard
You were spot on about Sharman coming into the side, it seems like the taller our forward line is the better we play. Sharman Ryder King Membrey might be a good shout with the smalls making up the rest of the forward line however they're all out of form so I don't know how that ends up.

Someone suggested Battle forward and Highmore at CHB, what do you reckon? I know you want Battle settled but geez we look hopeless up forward right now.

You were spot on about Sharman coming into the side, it seems like the taller our forward line is the better we play. Sharman Ryder King Membrey might be a good shout with the smalls making up the rest of the forward line however they're all out of form so I don't know how that ends up.

Someone suggested Battle forward and Highmore at CHB, what do you reckon? I know you want Battle settled but geez we look hopeless up forward right now.
No wouldn’t move Battle. We’ve finally got him settled somewhere. Higgins probably needs to come back in. Not based on any great form. No forward could play well with how we are going in the 50 at present.

Wasnt that long ago I would of hated the idea of throwing Battle forward again. Don't now. We need someone with exactly his attributes up there.

Was there any word on how severe Dmac’s leg injury is?
I’m hoping it might be only mild.
Hill and him will help fix a lot of our transition issues. Pity Wood didn’t show anything.

No wouldn’t move Battle. We’ve finally got him settled somewhere. Higgins probably needs to come back in. Not based on any great form. No forward could play well with how we are going in the 50 at present.
Yeah I probably wouldn't but we drafted him as a forward so he has the craft and he can mark the footy which is what we need more of I reckon. We just need to find avenues to score, the way we were entering the F50 last night was similar to junior footy.

Wasnt that long ago I would of hated the idea of throwing Battle forward again. Don't now. We need someone with exactly his attributes up there.
Might spark something, who knows. Highmore definitely deserves a spot in the side, crazy that he hasn't played this year.

I think Battle has been our best defender over last two weeks and would let him settle down back after what we done last year he still hasn’t signed yet

Move Howard forward and if he doesn’t want to do that send him to Sandy and bring Highmore in

We are hopeless up forward because of our entrees Battle won’t fix that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Battle has been our best defender over last two weeks and would let him settle down back after what we done last year he still hasn’t signed yet

Move Howard forward and if he doesn’t want to do that send him to Sandy and bring Highmore in

We are hopeless up forward because of our entrees Battle won’t fix that
Yeah I agree need better entry, I just thought the sky balls we currently pump in there would be better suited to taller marking types.

It just doesn't look cohesive at all, it's like we've patched this gameplan together with parts of different sides tactics. No fluidity or anything.

One thing that does stand out to me is we’ve lost our runners in Dmac Hill and Wood. All endurance athletes that made it to a lot of contests forward and back.
They’ve been replaced by Clark and Billings that don’t have a tank due to interrupted preseasons.
Get those 3 back in and I think you’d see a big improvement.
We’ve also lost our intercept marking. Please give Highmore a shot ffs Ratts.

Max King was just as bad, but he gets a pass for some reason.
if we start complaining about Max King we're in genuinely dire territory. That kid represents every last bit of hope the saints supporters have left. He's the superstar face of this iteration of rebuild. He HAS to work or we're all stuck facing the prospect of ANOTHER REBUILD.

Battle was never much good at actually kicking the goals. Would kick an impressive one now and then but didn't actually find the scoreboard when he was forward. Mostly played a defensive forward type role negating a Tom Stewart type. He's a bit like the tall forward version of Ben Long. Pure roleplayer

Highmore with 33 touches and 12 marks in the VFL this weekend, * me. I'm pretty sure he's OOC, if he doesn't get a string of games I wouldn't be surprised if he looks elsewhere. Absolutely deserves to play.

His attitude was poor but no forward in the comp is doing much with that kind of entry. It was atrocious to watch.

Ran one lead got rewarded and ****ed the shot. Gave up after that. Sulky behaviour.

Ran one lead got rewarded and ducked the shot. Gave up after that. Sulky behaviour.
Noticed he gets a bit agro when things don't go his way either. He took one of the Sydney defenders heads off in maybe the 2nd or 3rd quarter. I can't blame him really, I'd be frustrated too, but he needs to control that a bit. I think if he starts to lose it like that it actually takes away from his game and makes us as a side worse. It's like when s**t teams are desperate to win and everyone wants to be the hero. You actually get beat worse.

Ran one lead got rewarded and ducked the shot. Gave up after that. Sulky behaviour.
His dropped dolly chest mark at the start of the game set the tone .... we were never gunna win from that moment on as it seems we rely on him to spark us up .... truth is he needs marking support up forward cause when is off we are farked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back