Preview Round 2 - Adelaide v Port Adelaide @ AO Saturday 13/6 @ 7pm

How pumped are you for Saturday night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Is hamill definitely ahead of scholl?
Seen hamill picked in a few posters teams.
IMHO, Sholl performed better in the SANFL last year. Hamill looked good in his limited opportunities in the pre-season, particularly the under 23 game against Poort Pear.

Since our KIDS will not have a chance to play in the SANFL this year, I would give most of them a look at AFL to see how they handle it. Strangely the defender that I am most confident about is the Moose.

I would like to see the following players given at least 3 games this year;
Hamill, Sholl, McPherson, Butts, Davis, McHenry, Davis, McAdam, Stengle, McAsey, Shoenberg, O’Connor and Worrall. Clearly this will not be easy.

IMHO, Sholl performed better in the SANFL last year. Hamill looked good in his limited opportunities in the pre-season, particularly the under 23 game against Poort Pear.

Since our KIDS will not have a chance to play in the SANFL this year, I would give most of them a look at AFL to see how they handle it. Strangely the defender that I am most confident about is the Moose.

I would like to see the following players given at least 3 games this year;
Hamill, Sholl, McPherson, Butts, Davis, McHenry, Davis, McAdam, Stengle, McAsey, Shoenberg, O’Connor and Worrall. Clearly this will not be easy.
Who is the Moose?

I saw the first Moose Match for our Twos in June 2018. Despite his age and barely playing a game at any level in the previous 12 months he just looked totally comfortable. Early in his third match his hammy went ping and he was gone for the year.

Similar story last year, he looked fantastic in round one against Sturt, pinged his hammy in round two. He played 7 straight games through the middle of the season and looked ready to go for the AFL then ping....

If he ever gets his body AFL ready he will play many, many AFL games.

I saw the first Moose Match for our Twos in June 2018. Despite his age and barely playing a game at any level in the previous 12 months he just looked totally comfortable. Early in his third match his hammy went ping and he was gone for the year.

Similar story last year, he looked fantastic in round one against Sturt, pinged his hammy in round two. He played 7 straight games through the middle of the season and looked ready to go for the AFL then ping....

If he ever gets his body AFL ready he will play many, many AFL games.
Agree .. and hope he gets over the injuries and can start playing regular games. Having Saunders may be a bonus here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon Keays or Crocker in for Stengle, and Doedee in for??

Do we get 6 on the bench?? Cos there's gonna be a heap of injuries to start with?

I'm all in favour of rotating the squad and playing the kids this season to finish low and get a good draft pick.... But I still want to beat Port, if we only win one game, it better be this one.

I would think so, and that's why it will never be on Channel 7.

It doesn't effect my enjoyment of the game, but having a game nation wide on 7 in front of a million people, with the hour lead in, the half time feature, the post match coverage would have to have a fairly big dollar value, especially if you get that every other week, as both a selling point to sponsors and potential supporters.
Being up here in Brisbane means very little free to air footy. It also means very little free to air footy discussion programs. Cam anyone tell me why the so called national broadcaster of the AFL (channel 7) doesnt have any discussion programs like Talking Footy or the Front Bar yet channel nine has continued running Footy Classified. Just strikes me as strange.

Being up here in Brisbane means very little free to air footy. It also means very little free to air footy discussion programs. Cam anyone tell me why the so called national broadcaster of the AFL (channel 7) doesnt have any discussion programs like Talking Footy or the Front Bar yet channel nine has continued running Footy Classified. Just strikes me as strange.
Both are available on 7plus here in ADL - is it not the same where you are?

Oh wait, you mean currently?

Possible side...

B: Brown, Talia, Doedee
HB: Milera, McAsey, Laird
C: Seedsman, Mrouch, Jones
HF: Lynch, Walker, McHenry
F: McAdam, Fogarty, Sloane
I: O'Brien, Brouch, Smith
I: Sholl, Shoenberg, Atkins, Davis, Murphy, Frampton

Provided everyone is available, fairly straightforward changes

Out: Stengle (suspension), Kelly, Gibbs, Frampton
In: Doedee, Hamill, McHenry, Crocker/McAdam

If we have six on the bench, I'd add Schoenberg to the mix and probably keep Frampton for limited ruck minutes only

B Brown - Talia - Doedee
HB Milera - McAsey - Laird
C Seedsman - Smith - Sloane
HF Lynch - Walker - McHenry
F Crocker - Fogarty - Murphy
R O'Brien - M. Crouch - Jones

I B. Crouch - Atkins - Davis - Hamill
I Schoenberg - Frampton

Provided everyone is available, fairly straightforward changes

Out: Stengle (suspension), Kelly, Gibbs, Frampton
In: Doedee, Hamill, McHenry, Crocker/McAdam

If we have six on the bench, I'd add Schoenberg to the mix and probably keep Frampton for limited ruck minutes only

B Brown - Talia - Doedee
HB Milera - McAsey - Laird
C Seedsman - Smith - Sloane
HF Lynch - Walker - McHenry
F Crocker - Fogarty - Murphy
R O'Brien - M. Crouch - Jones

I B. Crouch - Atkins - Davis - Hamill
I Schoenberg - Frampton
Looks a good mix on paper.

Both are available on 7plus here in ADL - is it not the same where you are?

Oh wait, you mean currently?
I mean for the past month or so. I went to seven plus and they have stopped the program's after only two episodes. Just find it wierd that the AFL partner has stopped the talk back programs yet nine has continued with them.

Back