Preview Round 20: Essendon vs Sydney, MCG, Sunday 01/08/2021, 3:10 PM

Chicken dinner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is someone able to explain to me why our home games are in Queensland while all the other Victorian teams are playing their home games in Victoria? I don't get it.

"Essendon is hopeful of flying out of Queensland on Saturday afternoon and remains confident its match with the Swans will go ahead this weekend in a slot yet to be confirmed. "

You wot m8?
Intriguing. I don't think the Swans can fly out can they? Unless there's some sort of exemption. We can "go home" maybe

Is someone able to explain to me why our home games are in Queensland while all the other Victorian teams are playing their home games in Victoria? I don't get it.

Coz Seedknee and BWS have families. And we don't.

Now there's an outbreak in Qld, will the Vic government act quickly to stop the AFL teams entering Victoria on charter flights before 4pm today?

If the teams can get to Victoria, the games can be played tomorrow at the MCG, Marvel or Geelong

Now there's an outbreak in Qld, will the Vic government act quickly to stop the AFL teams entering Victoria on charter flights before 4pm today?

If the teams can get to Victoria, the games can be played tomorrow at the MCG, Marvel or Geelong

Will depend on when Vic declares the QLD LGAs as red zones:

"Victoria’s Chief Health Officer has warned there was a ‘strong expectation’ the travel rules for those coming from Queensland would change soon, after a snap three-day lockdown was announced for Brisbane and other local government areas on Saturday morning.

Professor Brett Sutton said he would review the information coming from Queensland’s health authorities today.

He noted if any Victorian AFL teams were still in the state when it was declared a red zone, they would need to receive an exemption to return to Victoria.

“I’ve got a pretty strong expectation that I’ll need to make changes for the permit zones in south-east Queensland,” he told reporters on Saturday.

“There are significant numbers (of cases in Queensland) already and lockdown has been announced."

Will depend on when Vic declares the QLD LGAs as red zones:

"Victoria’s Chief Health Officer has warned there was a ‘strong expectation’ the travel rules for those coming from Queensland would change soon, after a snap three-day lockdown was announced for Brisbane and other local government areas on Saturday morning.

Professor Brett Sutton said he would review the information coming from Queensland’s health authorities today.

He noted if any Victorian AFL teams were still in the state when it was declared a red zone, they would need to receive an exemption to return to Victoria.

“I’ve got a pretty strong expectation that I’ll need to make changes for the permit zones in south-east Queensland,” he told reporters on Saturday.

“There are significant numbers (of cases in Queensland) already and lockdown has been announced."
Wonder if there's enough time to pack their s**t and get out. Would have to hope there's a charter flight ASAP and that the plane/crew are ready to go :|

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Game should never have been in QLD to begin with. Victoria out of lockdown, Essendon home game. ******* madness.
We are scheduled for friday night next week as well vs Bulldogs, so if we play tomorrow it would be our second 5 days break for the year.

So either the AFLPA let it slide (precedent say they wont) or we lost the Friday night slot and will be rescheduled, which would means being screwed by the AFL yet again.

Home game after all. I love it. We're going to in this one.
Most of the home ground advantage particularly at Marvel and MCG is training in your own facilities, sleeping in your own bed, not having to travel and having a home crowd. It's not like the opponent has played that many fewer games there... Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back