Review Round 21 vs Carlton @ Marvel Stadium (07.08.2021 @ 1:45pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought MacPherson was maybe one of our worst. I'd rather be playing Ranks in that position.
Really.
As I said, didn’t see the whole game but was pretty busy in the forward half in the part of the game I watched.

21 disposals
9 contested
81% efficiency

6 marks -hear map looks like he gave them an option when coming forward.

5 tackles - 3 inside 50

4 score involvements.

stats don’t always tell the story but his look pretty good and Ialways like his energy.

Really.
As I said, didn’t see the whole game but was pretty busy in the forward half in the part of the game I watched.

21 disposals
9 contested
81% efficiency

6 marks -hear map looks like he gave them an option when coming forward.

5 tackles - 3 inside 50

4 score involvements.

stats don’t always tell the story but his look pretty good and Ialways like his energy.
I'm honestly surprised by those stats. I really barely noticed him outside of a couple of flashes here and there.

DMac plays like that every week and he keeps his spot. Good support / link man role today.
Happy we won. Shows the boys do care even if we do have a lot of other issues we need to fix. Previous years we would have rolled over and died after the Melbourne shellacking.
Not sure Dew is going anywhere. I think he’ll hold his job for next year unless we capitulate horribly in the remaining games.
Another preseason and a good injury run and we’ll improve again.

Glad for the win but it was a horrendous game. 3 goals first half, but at least we saw effort. Touk and Anderson stand outs in the mid field the second half that got us the game. Honestly thought both teams could not play any worse the first 10 minutes in the last quarter. Lots of players were poor but fortunately they were even worse. Good to hear the song

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So 2 weeks ago I didn’t watch the first half of the Brisbane game, started to watch and lost

Last week I watched the whole Melbourne game and lost

Watched the first half of Carlton game losing…. Didn’t catch a second of the second half and we win

Maybe it’s me??

Can’t wait to catch the second half and the comments

Well done Sean Lemmens what a fantastic career turnaround.
I'll give myself a slap for all the times l lambasted you.
Well done.
legit, he's locked down some of our opponent's most important players all year. unlikely to be in AA contention but will poll favourably in our the touk medal club champion count.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought we had a good win today. Yes, we were not alway great. Yes, our kicking inside 50 is woeful (whether due to forward structure, kicking or both). But, I thought our transition from back half was pretty good. And we clearly were desperate all game, with good pressure. After the last two weeks, that was a very (as they say) “pleasing” thing.

Townsend looked great—I like what he brings (he even rucked). Jeffery had some nice leads and marks and finally got a goal. Ainsworth looked to take the game on. Sexton got more involved (sometimes to his detriment). Anderson finally hit some form again. Touk kept on Touking. Luko is at his best up the ground on the wing, kicking into our 50. Fiorini has added tackling to his game, which is a big big plus. Powell worked his way in after some fumble and finished with a beautiful goal. Smith contributed (maybe more so due to his opponent being poor), but we won the hit outs and—hey! What do you know, we dominate large chunks of the game. Collins did all he could on the monster that is McKay.

I’m worried about Rowell. He’s getting more confidence in his contested work, but is slow and uncertain. Needs that pre-season! King also needs to either get more support or change up his game when on the comps best defenders. He competes and brings the ball down most time, but he struggles to get into the game and gets locked out of making an impact.

Dwayne sounded lost when he was broadcasting the game when we were ending Carltons finals hopes. Like I said our young team will have high and lows.Great sign that we bounced back from last weeks effort. Early days but Joel looks special.
We’ve made off like bandits getting Joel for free. He has some serious X factor. 6’4, speed and a freakish vertical jump.

What has happened to Saad? Didn't see any run from him all game. He looks a fraction of the player he was when with us.
I was thinking the same, maybe he’s injured or has his big payday so the desire isn’t there, bit sad to see but then again he shafted us so * him

Thought we had a good win today. Yes, we were not alway great. Yes, our kicking inside 50 is woeful (whether due to forward structure, kicking or both). But, I thought our transition from back half was pretty good. And we clearly were desperate all game, with good pressure. After the last two weeks, that was a very (as they say) “pleasing” thing.

Townsend looked great—I like what he brings (he even rucked). Jeffery had some nice leads and marks and finally got a goal. Ainsworth looked to take the game on. Sexton got more involved (sometimes to his detriment). Anderson finally hit some form again. Touk kept on Touking. Luko is at his best up the ground on the wing, kicking into our 50. Fiorini has added tackling to his game, which is a big big plus. Powell worked his way in after some fumble and finished with a beautiful goal. Smith contributed (maybe more so due to his opponent being poor), but we won the hit outs and—hey! What do you know, we dominate large chunks of the game. Collins did all he could on the monster that is McKay.

I’m worried about Rowell. He’s getting more confidence in his contested work, but is slow and uncertain. Needs that pre-season! King also needs to either get more support or change up his game when on the comps best defenders. He competes and brings the ball down most time, but he struggles to get into the game and gets locked out of making an impact.
Still think Rowelly is working his way back after those two serious injuries. The great thing about him is that a 50% Rowell game is still serviceable. He was very quiet in the first half but as Brad Johnson commented he really worked his way into the game in the second half and had some good moments that helped change the match in our favour.
I’m optimistic that next year he will be back near 100%, and that with Touk, Noah, Hollands, Greenwood, Ellis, Fiorini, Sharp, Weller, Flanders, Davies and maybe a gun recruit or two our midfield will be strong enough and deep enough to at least compete every week and not have shockers like we have a few times every season eg Melbourne, Brisbane.
I’m confident our defence is building nicely. Obviously our forward line needs work, but completing our midfield will go a long way to helping both.

Rowells last quarter was quite good I thought. Im not to worried about him at all, he will be a very good player.

Ainsworth is turning into a bit of a barometer for us... when he is up the ground and marking and playing on and hitting targets we are generally playing above average and in the game.... liked his work rate today.

Powell worked into the game after a slow start and was awesome.

Also great to see Noah have a great game and although he bombed it a bit, he did a few really nice passes from congestion that the coaches should be showing him and reinforcing that part of his game.

Townsend cleaning up Fisher was awesome... really hurt him and the boys would have fed of that... need a few enforcer types in the team... him and Holman running around could be a very good combo.

So you are all long gone but I just watched it now as though live…..

EAD Ingrate Bedwetter Saad.
EAD Draft Tampering Bedwetter Martin.
And a big general sucked in to all of Carlton. Their behaviour in the Martin non trade was despicable. Suffer in your jocks!!! Scotch Tonight!!!
hahaha amen! a bit of long overdue karma. along with a boomers win, what a great day!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back